Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
yeah I have seen that.

One time the same beggar made the same pitch in two different parking lots here: he needed the money for a new tire so he could get back to baton Rouge. So I asked him: didn't I see you last month at Lowe's?

I usually just tell them where the rescue mission is.
I have had that same thing happen in Lawton Oklahoma. I would stay every week for 2-3 days at a Holiday Inn there. Every week the same guy would come and give me a story about he was married to a white girl and some guys beat him up and took his money and he needed gas to get home to Dallas.

I offered first to go get some gas in a can and meet him at the hotel. Of course he didn't show up. So I started having fun everytime he came up to me. Then it got annoying and I started calling him on it. I guess he was to strung out to remember me every single week for months. LOL
Old 10-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Shane Lee 2

I gotta say I agree with Tito. Anybody that knows me well knows I believe in helping people. But before someone will want to help you you have to begin helping yourself. People will recognize that in you and then you want have to ask for thier help; it will be freely given.

You won't earn any fans while your sitting in the stands, go out there and fight as hard as you possibly can, and people will start cheering you on.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
I have had that same thing happen in Lawton Oklahoma. I would stay every week for 2-3 days at a Holiday Inn there. Every week the same guy would come and give me a story about he was married to a white girl and some guys beat him up and took his money and he needed gas to get home to Dallas.

I offered first to go get some gas in a can and meet him at the hotel. Of course he didn't show up. So I started having fun everytime he came up to me. Then it got annoying and I started calling him on it. I guess he was to strung out to remember me every single week for months. LOL
there are always gonna be people who will take a freebie when they can ... in university, i would catch the late bus every friday and there was this guy that would show up in a suit and say can someone help me with my bus fare, i just got robbed by a bunch of jamaicans .. LOL .. he would always get a fare ... after seeing it a bunch of times i was used to it .. when i was with my GF at the time (my wife now), i saw him coming into the terminal and i said, watch this guy, he looks like he got robbed by a bunch of jamaicans .. LOL .. when he dropped the line, she looked at me like wtf, how'd you know that .. i let her in on it later after she was convinced that i had psychic powers ...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
there are always gonna be people who will take a freebie when they can ... in university, i would catch the late bus every friday and there was this guy that would show up in a suit and say can someone help me with my bus fare, i just got robbed by a bunch of jamaicans .. LOL .. he would always get a fare ... after seeing it a bunch of times i was used to it .. when i was with my GF at the time (my wife now), i saw him coming into the terminal and i said, watch this guy, he looks like he got robbed by a bunch of jamaicans .. LOL .. when he dropped the line, she looked at me like wtf, how'd you know that .. i let her in on it later after she was convinced that i had psychic powers ...
LOL, now that's funny!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Shane Lee 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
That is a good one! LOL
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I only give money to street musicians if they are not dirty hippies that smell like patchouli oil. Oh, and they have to be able to play a Journey song on their respective instrument.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Their has been a time or two when I gave money to a stranger that asked but not very often! Usually I like to restrict my giving to those I think I know well enough to be convinced they really do need help. Unfortunately its rare that I'm in a position to help though!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake View Post
I only give money to street musicians if they are not dirty hippies that smell like patchouli oil. Oh, and they have to be able to play a Journey song on their respective instrument.
I'm going to start using that.
There is a group of three mexicans that I see on the train every now and then. they have two guitars and a bass and they sing in three part harmony and play the heck out of their instruments. sometimes they have an accordian with them. I always give them a buck because their music puts me in a good mood.
There's also a group of 5 black guys that are probably in their 40-60's and they sing gospel in 5 part harmony. I always give them a buck or two.

[
Old 10-02-2009, 12:38 PM
County Mike

I'll give money to street performers if they're good. That's different than giving money to beggars. The street performers entertain so they've earned it.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I'm going to start using that.
There is a group of three mexicans that I see on the train every now and then. they have two guitars and a bass and they sing in three part harmony and play the heck out of their instruments. sometimes they have an accordian with them. I always give them a buck because their music puts me in a good mood.
There's also a group of 5 black guys that are probably in their 40-60's and they sing gospel in 5 part harmony. I always give them a buck or two.
If you like their Music or Singing then maybe they have earned what you feel you can spare! If their Singing put me in a good mood I would welcome it!