Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-08-2009, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
No, it's not crazy that he did it, it's just crazy that all this has become such a cloud over Baseball. They said over 100 players tested positive in those 2003 tests.
You know, when, oh, dangit, I can't think of the guy's name, but I know you guys will know it--that guy who was breaking, I think Hank Aaron's record (or was it Mays'), and then I believe he was accused of steroid use--do y'all think that should count when guys who use had the edge in getting those hits versus guys like Hank Aaron. I don't think guys like that (the users) should be given the accolades for breaking records and admitted into the Hall of Fame. What say you guys?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:21 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
You know, when, oh, dangit, I can't think of the guy's name, but I know you guys will know it--that guy who was breaking, I think Hank Aaron's record (or was it Mays'), and then I believe he was accused of steroid use--do y'all think that should count when guys who use had the edge in getting those hits versus guys like Hank Aaron. I don't think guys like that (the users) should be given the accolades for breaking records and admitted into the Hall of Fame. What say you guys?
Barry Bonds, and no his should not count, his ass should be in prison, I hope he gets shanked
Old 02-08-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Barry Bonds, and no his should not count, his ass should be in prison, I hope he gets shanked

Yeah, Barry Bonds. What do you think of Roger Clemens? I'm sad to say I think he did it and looks like he cheated on his wife too (which in my book is way worse in the "big" picture!).
Old 02-08-2009, 04:53 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Yeah, Barry Bonds. What do you think of Roger Clemens? I'm sad to say I think he did it and looks like he cheated on his wife too (which in my book is way worse in the "big" picture!).
of course he did, syringes provided by McNamee(his trainer and accuser) have clemens dna on them according to lab results, so I don't think he can deny it
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Moose

Quote:
of course he did, syringes provided by McNamee(his trainer and accuser) have clemens dna on them according to lab results, so I don't think he can deny it
That's easy to deny. As a trainer, it would be easy to collect DNA and put them into syringes. And what, he just had them lying around for years, in case Clemens ever took him to court? It makes McNamee look like a snake.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
That's easy to deny. As a trainer, it would be easy to collect DNA and put them into syringes. And what, he just had them lying around for years, in case Clemens ever took him to court? It makes McNamee look like a snake.
it still brings more evidence against Clemens, especially considering his best argument to this point was, "I haven't taken steroids, if I had, I would have ears growing out of my forehead"
Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:

Dude, don't take too much offense to this, but GROW UP.

Why should he be in prison? For committing perjury? Have you EVER lied? There are plenty of people who should actually be in prison. I don't think we need to waste tax money on jailing Barry Bonds just because some fans don't like him for juicing.

Shanked? C'mon, don't be that way.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Guy is definitely a snake in the grass, but Roger just didn't come off looking like he was telling the truth. Just like with GSP and this greasing business, Roger also will have a ? mark there to mar is record. Just sad!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Dude, don't take too much offense to this, but GROW UP.

Why should he be in prison? For committing perjury? Have you EVER lied? There are plenty of people who should actually be in prison. I don't think we need to waste tax money on jailing Barry Bonds just because some fans don't like him for juicing.

Shanked? C'mon, don't be that way.
Hey, you addressed everything, but whether his and other's records who have "broken" existing records of some of the greats in the game should be allowed to stand once they're known to use. It seems unfair to me to the guys who made those records by their honest-to-goodness God-given talent rather than by steroids. What say you, JB?

(Oh, and I agree with what you said about prison and the "shanking". I just think their records should be wiped out and they should be fined big time and suspended possibly not able to play in the game again.) Cheating is cheating and I don't know how anyone can be proud of winning by cheating!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:08 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
ya, to me cheatin on the wife is way worse than using roids. Cheatin hubby= gettin the Lorain Bobbit(sp) treatment and then she takes half...NO THANKS!!!