Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
And you are seriously brainwashed if you think Bush left office with our country in a promising position.
That's funny because I don't recall saying that. However, I know enough to realize that the financial crisis was brewing long before Bush Jr. took office. In fact, it can be traced all the way back to the Great Depression when FDR founded Fannie Mae.

And spending our way out of the recession is pure idiocy, I didn't agree with it when Bush did it and I definitely don't agree with it from Obama. Show me a single example from history where this strategy has actually worked and has not caused major tax increases and/or major inflation.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's funny because I don't recall saying that. And I never said you did.However, I know enough to realize that the financial crisis was brewing long before Bush Jr. took office. In fact, it can be traced all the way back to the Great Depression when FDR founded Fannie Mae.

And spending our way out of the recession is pure idiocy, I didn't agree with it when Bush did it and I definitely don't agree with it from Obama. Show me a single example from history where this strategy has actually worked and has not caused major tax increases and/or major inflation.
What are your proposals to get the country back up and running? Would it be to give the corporations and the wealthy massive tax cuts as Bush did?

http://www.epi.org/publications/entry/ib262/

Quote:
This Issue Brief examines the details and causes of the current budget deficit and the role the current recession has played. The years between 2001 and 2007 saw a large deterioration in the budget balance, which was driven chiefly by legislated policy changes. The Bush-era tax cuts are the largest contributors to this period of policy-induced increases to the federal budget deficit. . . .
From the link provided.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Would it be to give the corporations and the wealthy massive tax cuts as Bush did?
Yes, because that is not what caused this problem. Increasing taxes on the wealthy punishes the very people who create jobs in this country.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:57 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Yes, because that is not what caused this problem. Increasing taxes on the wealthy punishes the very people who create jobs in this country.
Ah, so you just want to stick it to the lower and middle class folk who are already struggling to get by. You are a lot like Bush. I don't mean that as a compliment either.

How is taxing the wealthy equally punishing them? So you agree then that Bush's tax policies helped bring the country down. Good to know.

I take it you never read through the link provided either. If it talks negatively about the Bush policies, you can't be bothered. Good to know there too.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Really? So you mean if it weren't for those rich guys, most people in the U.S. wouldn't have jobs? Wow, that's so very interesting!

No wonder so many jobs are being exported to India, raise taxes on employers, they increase the price of goods, or decrease the cost of personnel. If Dems only understood this.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Really? So you mean if it weren't for those rich guys, most people in the U.S. wouldn't have jobs? Wow, that's so very interesting!

No wonder so many jobs are being exported to India, raise taxes on employers, they increase the price of goods, or decrease the cost of personnel. If Dems only understood this.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ah, so you just want to stick it to the lower and middle class folk who are already struggling to get by. You are a lot like Bush. I don't mean that as a compliment either.
No, I want the government to control their spending and lower taxes on everyone. This allows EVERYONE to keep more of what they make. It's a natural and proven economy booster.

Quote:
How is taxing the wealthy equally punishing them? So you agree then that Bush's tax policies helped bring the country down. Good to know.
Taxes are nothing more than theft by the government. Increasing them on the rich, simply because they are rich, is punishing them for being successful.

Well, of course Bush helped bring the country's economy down, but he's not solely responsible. I'm just sick of Obama's cowardly "It's not my fault, I inherited this," remarks. Every President inherits problems from the previous administration, Obama needs to stop being a crybaby about it.

Quote:
I take it you never read through the link provided either. If it talks negatively about the Bush policies, you can't be bothered. Good to know there too.
Well, you haven't exactly proven yourself to be a trustworthy source of non-biased information. So I just ignore any links you post and will continue to do so.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.
100% sarcasm, RNC & Texas GOP Member
Well, the last part wasn't sarcasm, lol
Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
100% sarcasm, RNC & Texas GOP Member
Well, the last part wasn't sarcasm, lol
Okay, good. I had to reread my comments a couple of times to see if I had mistakenly given the impression that I supported tax increases on the wealthy.

It's pretty simply logic, Liberals love to characterize "The Wealthy" as this fictitious boogeyman type character who walks around yelling at children and laughing at the poor. However, many of them are just average people who have achieved success through hard work. They're not evil or greedy, they're just taking advantage of the freedom that America offers.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Okay, good. I had to reread my comments a couple of times to see if I had mistakenly given the impression that I supported tax increases on the wealthy.

It's pretty simply logic, Liberals love to characterize "The Wealthy" as this fictitious boogeyman type character who walks around yelling at children and laughing at the poor. However, many of them are just average people who have achieved success through hard work. They're not evil or greedy, they're just taking advantage of the freedom that America offers.
That, and Liberals are simply jealous and/or lazy and won't work that hard to EARN that money.