Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
Honestly, I don't think its because the UFC thinks down on them, because they're all rank dudes. I think what it comes down to is the UFC holds Matt up there with the likes of Chuck and Randy. You've got to really really earn a fight with Matt, I think thats the message here.
I dont think its that at all. I think it comes down to the fact that the UFC knows that Matt is only going to fight a few more fights. The UFC wants to make sure if they put Matt in a fight, it is a fight that is the main event or co-main event. BJ vs Matt III, Matt vs Alves II or something on that level. Sure the fights with Swick, Kos, or Fitch would all be good fights but I dont think any of those fights could carry a card. I would say that Matt vs Swick could co-main event a card but thats only because Swick is one win away from a title shot.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I dont think its that at all. I think it comes down to the fact that the UFC knows that Matt is only going to fight a few more fights. The UFC wants to make sure if they put Matt in a fight, it is a fight that is the main event or co-main event. BJ vs Matt III, Matt vs Alves II or something on that level. Sure the fights with Swick, Kos, or Fitch would all be good fights but I dont think any of those fights could carry a card. I would say that Matt vs Swick could co-main event a card but thats only because Swick is one win away from a title shot.
that's the disturbing part .. burkman, davis, goulet and saunders ... really, i know the UFC has no rhyme or reason to giving title shots, but that is just ridiculous .. i mean fighting rumble, alves or someone else makes more sense .. and he just signed to fight hardy, which is a step up from these guys, but not making him shot worthy ..
Old 09-30-2009, 05:31 PM

What the hell has happened to the WW Division?!

Kampmann, Swick, Hardy, Daley who are these guys to be close to title contention.

The WW is just at a bit of an impasse with Matt and GSP.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
What the hell has happened to the WW Division?!

Kampmann, Swick, Hardy, Daley who are these guys to be close to title contention.

The WW is just at a bit of an impasse with Matt and GSP.
I think it's laughable that Daley (who's only had 1 UFC fight) & Hardy (who's never fought a name) are in the title talk. It would really be best for the UFC if Matt retired just because he's going to be the glass ceiling between GSP & the rest of the division for a long time still.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think it's laughable that Daley (who's only had 1 UFC fight) & Hardy (who's never fought a name) are in the title talk. It would really be best for the UFC if Matt retired just because he's going to be the glass ceiling between GSP & the rest of the division for a long time still.
exactly the division is in limbo right now.... the best wrestlers in the division havnt had a prayer of stopping one of gsp's takdowns what chance do stand up guys like swick, daley, or hardy have.... Gsp isnt dumb hes not gonna stand with them for any longer then he has too.

Honestly id love to see matt fight kos, swick or fitch... Those are all great competitive fights... well maybe not swick....
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
i agree. this guy daley gets one win and everyone is talking about him and gsp or hughes. i wasn't even impressed with his performance. the stoppage was premature IMO, and a win over kampmann doesn't mean much to me either. heck, daley would get crushed by fitch or koscheck not to mention gsp or hughes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:09 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
3 "contending" WW's from the same camp is a bad thing,
I think they should have to fight.

I agree I don't think they can keep ducking eachother for much longer so Dana should make them fight or no titleshots evah!!!!!