Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so what is the point of calling out matt? i mean, i guess swick shouldn't bother calling out gsp, since he beat both of his team mates .... but why call out matt??? they should be fighting each other ... i hope dana puts a fight together between kos and fitch with the winner getting swick .. than we'll see how much these losers talke ...
The point of calling out Matt is because he is a top contender. I can understand them not wanting to fight each other as they are team mates. Its up to UFC to try and match up fighters from the same camp but I don't think you'll ever hear of team mates wanting to fight each other unless one of them holds the title.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
i think its great that these guys are calling hughes out. theyre near the top of the division and all those guys are good fights for matt. obviously its convenient that they are calling him out now and they are probably underestimating him. these are matchups that are definitely interesting and to be honest i cant think of anyone else that hughes should fight anyway. these would be awesome matchups.
I agree. I think Fitch is the toughest of the 3 and Swick could be a good fight but I think Matt beats all of them.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to call out Matt Hughes. I would like to fight Matt at the next UFC event. If this fight does not take place, it's apparent that Matt is ducking me and I should be given an immediate shot at the title instead.
hahahahahaha
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't disagree, but the way they are saying it makes it look like matt is ducking them ... what i am saying, is that if they think they are champ material, should they not be calling out GSP? or if they think that matt is ranked below them, should they not be fighting each other?

my point is that, these guys say they are fighters and want the title, but we have fitch turning down a shot, kos getting ko'd by a guy who can't punch and swick coming down from MW and still struggling with WW"s ...
3 "contending" WW's from the same camp is a bad thing,
I think they should have to fight.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
canadiancountryboy

These 3 guys kill me. Fitch proved he is tough with the GSP fight but also has shown some inconsistency as has Kos and Swick. Fitch almost lost to Chris Wilson, Kos got KO'd by a nobody and Swick...this guy irritates the hell out of me. He has beaten no one!! He has been a mediocre fighter all along and has the audacity to call out Matt. Feed Swick to Matt and let the feeding frenzy begin.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancountryboy View Post
These 3 guys kill me. Fitch proved he is tough with the GSP fight but also has shown some inconsistency as has Kos and Swick. Fitch almost lost to Chris Wilson, Kos got KO'd by a nobody and Swick...this guy irritates the hell out of me. He has beaten no one!! He has been a mediocre fighter all along and has the audacity to call out Matt. Feed Swick to Matt and let the feeding frenzy begin.

I actually like the Swick / Hughes fight.

I think Matt would floor swick, and just be too powerful for him.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 AM
bradwright

i think these guys should show a little more respect and keep their mouths shut......but as far as the match ups go against these guys i would have to say Fitch would present a problem for Matt in the stand up but i think Matt would easily get him down and submit him while Kos on the other hand would make it very difficult for Matt only because he is young and in great shape and very strong,but Matts skills are just so much better then Kos's that although i think this might go the distance Matt wins in the end.

now as far as Swick go's ?......not sure he could beat me let alone Matt....hard to figure out what he's thinking really.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancountryboy View Post
exactly ... and since fitch already was offered a fight with matt and turned it down ... well, he is just being a punk now ......
Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's not that Matt is refusing the fights, it's that the UFC isn't even bothering to offer the fights to Matt. Completely different scenario.

I kind of shows what the UFC thinks of Swick, Fitch and Koscheck though, doesn't it? They're asking to fight Matt and the UFC doesn't even think enough of their talent to offer the fight to Matt.

Honestly, I don't think its because the UFC thinks down on them, because they're all rank dudes. I think what it comes down to is the UFC holds Matt up there with the likes of Chuck and Randy. You've got to really really earn a fight with Matt, I think thats the message here.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:11 PM

I'm sure it's already been said in here somewhere, but they're just trying to make a name for themselves, they believe Matt is shop worn and that a win over a legendary fighter would help boost their ranking/careers