Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-29-2009, 01:35 AM
atomdanger

Default AKA fighters aren't done calling out Matt Hughes

Quote:
http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-...ng-out-matt-hu

Speaking of Koscheck, I thought it was kind of odd that he called out Hughes after beating Frank Trigg. You’ve been trying to get that fight with Hughes for months now.

We knew he wasn’t going to take the fight before we called him out. We -- me and Fitch -- actually told Koscheck to do that. Fitch has asked for him before and then I asked for him and the UFC told me I wasn’t going to get that fight. So before Koscheck’s fight we were talking and we just said, ‘Hey, why don’t you try it and see if he’ll fight you.’

It almost sounds like you guys don’t even want to fight him so much as you just want to keep after him for not taking a fight with one of you. Like it’s become a game in itself at this point.

It is. There’s no real motivation anymore to fight him. We know he’s not going to agree to it. It’s just a game now. He won’t take a fight with any of us and we’re just going to keep continuously calling him out.

Hmm, seems interesting.
I find it funny Swick said he knew Matt wasn't going to take the fight,
like he is assuming the UFC wanted Matt to fight him and Matt refused or something lol
Old 09-29-2009, 01:39 AM
que

none of them can beat GSP yet they are trying to play games with matt. wow, that is sad.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Matt has nothing to gain fighting those guys so why should they expect him to want to fight? Just because they want him to? That's silly.

~Amy
Old 09-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Administrator

It's not that Matt is refusing the fights, it's that the UFC isn't even bothering to offer the fights to Matt. Completely different scenario.

I kind of shows what the UFC thinks of Swick, Fitch and Koscheck though, doesn't it? They're asking to fight Matt and the UFC doesn't even think enough of their talent to offer the fight to Matt.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 AM
KevinD

Its a bit of a sad commentary when you don't even call out the champ in your division. Matt is a legend and future HOFer, but he doesn't hold the belt right now. You would think they would want the belt.
Its good to hear the UFC doesn't waste Matt's time, bringing him fights he doesn't really need.
Personally, I think it would be very interesting for Matt to move to 185, even if it were just for a couple of fights. Maybe it might be just what he needs to change things up a bit.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:21 AM
huan

You know, some of the AKA guys were starting to grow on me, especially after seeing Fitch and Swick visiting the troops on the UFC military tour earlier this year. Matt hit the nail on the head with Koscheck being a kid, and it looks like Swick is par for the course in that department. I really hope some of these guys start to grow up, otherwise I see myself losing all interest in the sport when the true champions like Hughes decide to hang it up.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 AM

I'd really like Dana to come out and say, that the UFC hasn't offered the fights to Matt, why because they are not deserving of the shot.

Swick still always falls at any big hurdle, Kos lost to GSP, Alves and some unknown.

What do they have to boast about?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It's not that Matt is refusing the fights, it's that the UFC isn't even bothering to offer the fights to Matt. Completely different scenario.

I kind of shows what the UFC thinks of Swick, Fitch and Koscheck though, doesn't it? They're asking to fight Matt and the UFC doesn't even think enough of their talent to offer the fight to Matt.
Yeah exactly my point, it isn't like the UFC is interested in the fights either lol.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Buc Nasty

Not meaning to stir up a Hornets nest here but unless he's moving to 185 surely Matt has everything to gain by beating one, two or all of these guys. They're all in the top 10 and Matt probably needs a win or two to get a title shot. If you're not going after the title, what is the point?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Man, I really wonder who the heck they're going to put him in with.
It's annoying that the AKA guys are being such little girls about all this. When has Matt refused a fight.

[