Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Maldonado136

Default Red Eye

This is without a doubt one of my favorite cable news shows ever although im not sure if you would really call it news. Its quite hilarious. Its on fox news at 3 AM eastern time during the week and midnight eastern time on the weekends. i dont stay up that late to watch it though so i just watch clips online. Here is a clip of them making fun of how people practically worship obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkKwMVD7RA
Old 02-07-2009, 05:38 AM
Administrator

I stumbled upon this show by accident just before the election and I thought it was hilarious.

Well, at first I didn't know what to make of it, because I was watching some footage of a beached whale with a voice over talking about a Roseanne Barr sex tape. For a couple of seconds, I actually thought that someone had hacked into FOX News and was playing fake news stories in protest of the network's conservative slant.

But then I kept watching and discovered one of the funniest shows on television.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:58 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Red Eye is pretty hilarious. I am a bit of a night-owl with the nature of the work I do and I have been watching Red Eye since they started the show in 07. They always give a pretty funny take on the news, yet they are not too terribly tacky or over the top like The Daily Show or Colbert Report can be at times.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:16 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Red Eye is pretty hilarious. I am a bit of a night-owl with the nature of the work I do and I have been watching Red Eye since they started the show in 07. They always give a pretty funny take on the news, yet they are not too terribly tacky or over the top like The Daily Show or Colbert Report can be at times.
I think the Colbert is def. more tacky than the daily show, the daily show at least discusses matters reasonably at times, Colbert just tries to deflect all the issues with less than clever wit
Old 02-07-2009, 06:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I think the Colbert is def. more tacky than the daily show, the daily show at least discusses matters reasonably at times, Colbert just tries to deflect all the issues with less than clever wit
Thats because Colbert's show is meant to be a mockery of conservatives, so they take it a bit more over the top because they are liberals. I like both of those shows, but I do think Colbert is funnier than Stewart.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Thats because Colbert's show is meant to be a mockery of conservatives, so they take it a bit more over the top because they are liberals. I like both of those shows, but I do think Colbert is funnier than Stewart.
I like both also, my roommate is a colbert nut though, I prefer Stewart, he seems to me like he is a little more knowledgeable on politics
Old 02-07-2009, 11:28 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I like both also, my roommate is a colbert nut though, I prefer Stewart, he seems to me like he is a little more knowledgeable on politics
The problem with both shows, Colbert and Stewart, is that they are basically just pushing a left wing view without giving much of a fair look at both sides of arguments. Then they use sarcasm and jokes to make their view seem more appealing.

While Red Eye does the same thing with jokes and sarcasm, they at least present an actual forum for multiple people to give their view. Also, it helps give Fox News more credibility with the younger crowd who probably get their news, and political talking points, mostly from the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I will be waiting to see if Stewart rips Obama half as bad as he did Bush.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
The problem with both shows, Colbert and Stewart, is that they are basically just pushing a left wing view without giving much of a fair look at both sides of arguments. Then they use sarcasm and jokes to make their view seem more appealing.

While Red Eye does the same thing with jokes and sarcasm, they at least present an actual forum for multiple people to give their view. Also, it helps give Fox News more credibility with the younger crowd who probably get their news, and political talking points, mostly from the Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I will be waiting to see if Stewart rips Obama half as bad as he did Bush.
he was bad to bush, and I've seen him make fun of Obama occassionally, but not ripping, more like jokefully ribbing
Old 06-21-2009, 03:15 AM

"Red Eye" is so weird that it takes a while to get comfortable watching it. It is definitely an acquired taste. If I stumble across it while changing channels I watch it.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Maldonado136

i felt compelled to revive this thread from the dead because dana white is gonna be on tonights episode!

EDIT: here is the clip. unfortunately greg gutfeld wasnt there.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4125164/d...ite-on-red-eye

Last edited by Maldonado136; 03-26-2010 at 09:27 PM.