Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2009, 06:02 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default Cool story

So this morning I had to go to the ER to get some xrays and stuff. Ended up with crutches and orders to keep all weight off my left knee, but that's not the story. So anyway...I am about to leave after sitting in the ER all morning around all these nasty germ-growing, flu infested humans and one of the male nurses runs up to stop me. This wasn't hard to do as I was on crutches and am not great at them yet. He says, "Did you get that injury from that 'full contact' fighting?" I said, "It was practicing knees from the clinch actually but something like that." Then he started telling me that he just really got into this 'full contact' stuff and he has been watching these youtube videos of his favorite fighter and how he wanted to start training. Well guess who the fighter was? MATT HUGHES!!!! That guy chased me down to talk about Matt. How cool is that? This dude wasn't even my nurse, he was just there working in another part of the ER and must have overheard my nurse and PA talking.



~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2009, 06:13 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

That's awesome!! You told him to show up here, right? We gotta make sure he gets indoctrinated properly!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's awesome!! You told him to show up here, right? We gotta make sure he gets indoctrinated properly!!
I told him and then warned him about Ben.


~Amy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2009, 07:24 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I told him and then warned him about Ben.


~Amy
Yeah, that MattHughesRocks guy is bad news!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

Amy that is great! My lil' sis works for the Bone and Joint Clinic in Beaumont and one her patients is a mma guy and she told him about me liking the sport and my favorite fighter Matt Hughes. Of course being mma, he already knew who Matt was, but the word is spread'n far and wide about our favorite fighter.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, that MattHughesRocks guy is bad news!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Very cool Amy ... I just got back from going to my sites along the Pakistan boarder. If you know anything about the military, the bathroom walls are sacred in the fact that that is how they express their grips, love and loyalty to anything back in the rear. So I'm in one of the stalls, reading all the bathroom wall poetry and low and behold ... there scratched in the top of the door ... Team Hughes 09 ...... I was going to get a picture (and still might when I go back) but never really had the chance too this time. taking a camera in the bathroom makes people talk.

It was funny cause the captain traveling with me saw it too and couldn't wait to tell me.
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Very cool Amy ... I just got back from going to my sites along the Pakistan boarder. If you know anything about the military, the bathroom walls are sacred in the fact that that is how they express their grips, love and loyalty to anything back in the rear. So I'm in one of the stalls, reading all the bathroom wall poetry and low and behold ... there scratched in the top of the door ... Team Hughes 09 ...... I was going to get a picture (and still might when I go back) but never really had the chance too this time. taking a camera in the bathroom makes people talk.

It was funny cause the captain traveling with me saw it too and couldn't wait to tell me.
So....hide it! What? Do I have to tell you where?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Boomer's Avatar
Boomer Boomer is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: VIRGINIA
Posts: 1,561
Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
So....hide it! What? Do I have to tell you where?
I have a really big camera and well .... that would just make people talk more ...

But I'l lsee what I can do ..
__________________
-------
Quote from Chuck:
Quote:
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-27-2009, 12:41 AM
philips4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So this morning I had to go to the ER to get some xrays and stuff. Ended up with crutches and orders to keep all weight off my left knee, "It was practicing knees from the clinch actually but something like that."

~Amy


Um, Amy....YOU BE CAREFUL!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.