Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-24-2009, 04:03 AM
MMeh

Default Is it just me, or is Rashad Evans starting to grow on other people too?

Okay, so wasn't a huge fan of his starting out. But his last few fights he's really shown me some skills and heart. He handled his loss to Machida with class - no whining about injuries, didn't complain about his team, took it like a man. And the difference between him and Rampage this season is pretty striking, because Rashad and his actual coaches are busting tail to get their guys ready, while Rampage was there to get a check and crack jokes on TV. Evans is striking me more and more as a good due who likes to talk smack, rather than a jerk (and there is a difference).

Plus, picking Roy Nelson to take on Kimbo - guaranteed win in my mind (although I'm not a Kimbo hater by any stretch, but Nelson is going to smash him).
Old 09-24-2009, 04:27 AM

He is kind of growing on me some since watching him on TUF. He is definitely the better coach; I felt bad for Rampage's team after this latest loss when one of the guys said, "Coach, we need to hear something from you right now..." and I don't feel Rampage gave them much except, "You guys gotta get it back for me..."
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If we're seeing anything near an accurate portrayal on TV than Rashad seems to have the better attitude! While I don't consider myself a Rashad fan its looking like he's starting to grow up and mature mentally while Rampage ain't!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I've always liked Rashad anytime he's not in the cage. His in-cage antics and showboating just upset me. I wish he would just fight. Thought it was hilarious when he was trying to mouth-off to Lyoto and then got KOed.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM

I think he's really good to his team and you can see why jackson's cvamp has such close bonds. It'll be interesting to see how he coaches Roy next week

[
Old 09-24-2009, 03:38 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
He is kind of growing on me some since watching him on TUF. He is definitely the better coach; I felt bad for Rampage's team after this latest loss when one of the guys said, "Coach, we need to hear something from you right now..." and I don't feel Rampage gave them much except, "You guys gotta get it back for me..."
You took the words out of my mouth.....or off of my fingertips.

Later.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

This is the same thing that happened to Rich in TUF2 & Tito in TUF3. During TUF 2, they elected to edit the film so that it looked like Matt was always busting his team's balls while RIch just goofed around, which we know isn't true. Also, Tito got editted in TUF 3 to look like a class act, which we all know is also not true. I refude to ever allow my opinion of a fighter to be influenced by TUF if I can help it. Rashad is an arrogant, immature black-eye (pardon the pun) on the character of Jackson's camp, and one loss & a highly editted season of reality TV isn't going to change my mind about that.

As for Rampage, I think we all know that he's a terrible coach. I mean, he said as much on season 7. I think this is a huge disservice to the young contestants & it's why I'm still in favor of a TUF season which features real trainers as the coaches & not just fighters who need to be promoted.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
This is the same thing that happened to Rich in TUF2 & Tito in TUF3. During TUF 2, they elected to edit the film so that it looked like Matt was always busting his team's balls while RIch just goofed around, which we know isn't true. Also, Tito got editted in TUF 3 to look like a class act, which we all know is also not true. I refude to ever allow my opinion of a fighter to be influenced by TUF if I can help it. Rashad is an arrogant, immature black-eye (pardon the pun) on the character of Jackson's camp, and one loss & a highly editted season of reality TV isn't going to change my mind about that.

As for Rampage, I think we all know that he's a terrible coach. I mean, he said as much on season 7. I think this is a huge disservice to the young contestants & it's why I'm still in favor of a TUF season which features real trainers as the coaches & not just fighters who need to be promoted.
I think when you get a coach who isn't really there for the guys it is a disservice. Even worse than Rampage, I think, was Ken Shamrock. Oh, and it really really bugged me when Serra refused to corner either of his guys when he was going to have to choose when he was coaching TUF. I thought that was really crappy. If he didn't want to make the decision on who to corner, flip a freaking coin! And then, those idiots coming from Serra's team are going to balk at the opportunity of being coached/cornered by MATT HUGHES. Oh the insanity!!!

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-25-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Maldonado136

well i never hated rashad. i just dont think that what he does in the cage is a huge deal.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 PM
que

he's starting to grow on me too. he seems like a much better person than rampage after the first two episodes