Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Here is the illustrious Roy Nelson. Brad stumbles around blindly for 3 1/2 minutes before Nelson can finish him. If Nelson goes straight towards Kimbo like that (even before the first knock down) I can't see Kimbo not making quick work of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPP9hDQn00
Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Primadawn

Totally in agreement that the cardio was a joke. I thought it was a split though--thought Wes won the first round and the other guy won the 2nd. He was hurting Wes's left leg with those kicks--Wes couldn't put weight on it for a while.
Wes leaning over and resting with his hands on his knees in the 2nd was pathetic...ALMOST as pathetic as the other guy not taking advantage of it. Criminy!

Can't wait for next week! Loving that they're not showing house antics for the entire hour this season too!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
logrus

Where the hell is the cardio, these guys come into the house knowing their gonna fight and if you train MMA at all then your cardio should look 100 times better then what it has been.

What a joke, if Kimbo did any cardio training over his time off then he is going to run thru that house,
Old 09-24-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Where the hell is the cardio, these guys come into the house knowing their gonna fight and if you train MMA at all then your cardio should look 100 times better then what it has been.

What a joke, if Kimbo did any cardio training over his time off then he is going to run thru that house,
Yeah if I was Greg Jackson I'd give McSeenwy an earful. he lucked out with that decision.

Just saw an interview where Rashad said he'd like to have Kimbo out to Jackson's camp to train. thsi leads me to believe that he impressed some folks on that show.

[
Old 09-24-2009, 03:39 PM
billwilliams70

I really felt that this week's fight was horrid. I'm not really sure how anyone can say, definitively that McSweeney beat Shivers and vice-versa.

I think it was really close but can not argue with the fact that the judges gave it to McSweeney, those kicks were definitely doing some damage and because of them, he was controlling the octagon a bit more than Shivers.

Just my two lincolns though.

Later.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
I really felt that this week's fight was horrid. I'm not really sure how anyone can say, definitively that McSweeney beat Shivers and vice-versa.

I think it was really close but can not argue with the fact that the judges gave it to McSweeney, those kicks were definitely doing some damage and because of them, he was controlling the octagon a bit more than Shivers.

Just my two lincolns though.

Later.
It was really close
I think if he was following up more aggressively after the kicks then they would be more influencial. he was pretty much giving Shivers a Time Out everytime he got really gassed.
my two cents as well

[
Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 PM
billwilliams70

Default "more lincolns"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
It was really close
I think if he was following up more aggressively after the kicks then they would be more influencial. he was pretty much giving Shivers a Time Out everytime he got really gassed.
my two cents as well
You're right....there's got to be something said for REALLY wanting this opportunity. If my opposition was bent over at the waist gasping for air, I wouldn't see it as an opportunity to take a breather myself, I'd muster up every ounce of strength that I had and put him away.

Later.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Chuck

Butterbean II aka Roy has done nothing to impress me.... I would LOVE to see him ko'd by Kimbo but Kimbo's chin worries me as much as his lack of ground experience.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:55 AM

Out of the two, McSweeney definitely looked more like the mma guy. I felt like he won it if they were going to end it after two rounds and it probably would have been the same decision after three. I can still hear the CRACK of him connecting with Wes's leg multiple times. And, he was able to get out from under Wes what 2 maybe 3 times when Wes had him pinned on the ground. Wes didn't seem to know what to do once he had McSweeney on the ground.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
You're right....there's got to be something said for REALLY wanting this opportunity. If my opposition was bent over at the waist gasping for air, I wouldn't see it as an opportunity to take a breather myself, I'd muster up every ounce of strength that I had and put him away.

Later.
Can you say flying knee? I've never met a Muay Thai fighter without a killer instinct like McSweeney.

[