Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default TUF 10.2 (Spoilers)

All I have to say about tonight's fight is I hope both teams start building their cardio. That was BORING! I think I could have KOed either one of those guys and I'm about 150 pounds, lol

Kimbo vs. Roy Nelson next week!

Prepare for the highest ratings ever for TUF!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
All I have to say about tonight's fight is I hope both teams start building their cardio. That was BORING! I think I could have KOed either one of those guys and I'm about 150 pounds, lol

Kimbo vs. Roy Nelson next week!

Prepare for the highest ratings ever for TUF!
Definitely boring but I thought the decision was complete crap! I saw it the exact OPPOSITE of the judges. I wasn't impressed by either but I thought Wes won both rounds. CLEARLY won the first round, no questions asked, good chance at the 2nd round.

To me, one of the worst decisions of TUF I've ever seen...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Definitely boring but I thought the decision was complete crap! I saw it the exact OPPOSITE of the judges. I wasn't impressed by either but I thought Wes won both rounds. CLEARLY won the first round, no questions asked, good chance at the 2nd round.

To me, one of the worst decisions of TUF I've ever seen...
Yes, I'm with you on that. The 2 18-20s I was certain would go to Wes. He got the takedowns and landed the bigger punches. All I saw from the other guy was a couple of leg kicks and the guillotine attempt.

I think Kimbo will win next week, and here's why: http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...9521#post69521

No doubt, Kimbo could KO Big Country. It seems like Roy isn't taking this seriously, but Kimbo wants some respect from Dana, and to continue his career. No doubt in my mind, he'd still make 6 figures a fight in the UFC because he would be a major draw like Brock.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

garbage fight... garbage fighters.... crap coaches...
Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Stump Rules!

Give me a P!

Give me an A!

Give me a T!

Give me an H!

Give me an E!

Give me a T!

Give me an I!

Give me a C!

Whats that spell??? Cardio on tonights TUF!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I hope that Wes improves his Cardio in a big way! I'd like to see him do good in MMA. Maybe its partly cause he's from the South and seems a good guy. If he could get with a good camp and hire a conditioning coach he might have a chance!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
County Mike

The cardio was terrible. Apparently, the first two fights were the same night. That means none of the first 4 fighters had any real training in the house before they fought. I read Abe's blog and he said the Shivers/McSweeney fight happened only 5 minutes after his. That's why you still see the blood stain on the floor of the cage.

Regardless, everyone on the show knew they might have to fight right away. No reason to have such terrible cardio. Gassed halfway through the first round. I did think Wes won the first round and McSweeney won the second just on the leg kicks. Should have been a third round but I doubt either guy had the gas to make it interesting.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Are alot of these guys brand new to MMA? After 2 fights I'm really concerned that the heavyweights aren't going to make much of a show. I felt myself at home rooting for Wes, and screaming.... "it's right there, do it"... Rashad's guy left his arm out there for Kimuras and once a perfect chance for a straight armbar....

Cardio... Have you seen any of these guys training in that area so far? All I've seen is boxing, takedowns, and the occasional spider crawl or the squat and walk.... but I haven't seen any running/biking or tell you the truth even anyone breathing hard (except for about 30 seconds into every round of the true fights *coughs* - and I'll use the term fight loosly).

Hopefully next week will prove otherwise....

Is Kimbo legit?

or is Kimbo a Bimbo like the "Silverback" proved?

We'll see.........
Old 09-24-2009, 12:50 PM

The cardio is a tough thing to build in a few weeks if they really showed up in that bad of shape.
I thought the decision was total b.s. Wes had a few takedowns and 2 or 3 times he hit McSweeney and McSweeney turned hisback to him.

Rashad took a big risk throwing Nelson in against a wild card like Kimbo. I think Roy should handle him quite easily, but who knows what could happen. Roy proved against Rothwell and Arlovski that he can take a punch. we'll see what happens.
I agree that the ratings will be through the roof!

[
Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
The cardio is a tough thing to build in a few weeks if they really showed up in that bad of shape.
I thought the decision was total b.s. Wes had a few takedowns and 2 or 3 times he hit McSweeney and McSweeney turned hisback to him.

Rashad took a big risk throwing Nelson in against a wild card like Kimbo. I think Roy should handle him quite easily, but who knows what could happen. Roy proved against Rothwell and Arlovski that he can take a punch. we'll see what happens.
I agree that the ratings will be through the roof!
I thought Arlovski KO'd him?

Nelson won his championship by fighting Brad Imes.

I just don't see how Kimbo can lose this fight?

Has Nelson ever knocked anyone out? I can't see his ground game being that good.

The only thing is I think Dana is already preparing us for a loss by saying Kimbo would be in the UFC regardless of winning TUF or not. Is he doing early damage control? Not wanting to lose his fans?