Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
I get why Dana is mad but Rampage asked for a delay, he has given a lot to the UFC, so why not ask.

Dana and the UFC then agreed it seemed and then afterwards Dana makes a huge comment on it, criticising him and basically mocking what Jackson was doing.

He seems to do it a lot and upset people, i wish on them things he could be more tactful or keep it in house because it then pushed Rampage away, which is a shame. .

I'm on the fence a little bit because its apparent Quintin feels, in his head, that he's put a lot on the line for the UFC. That said, Quintin never had a problem selling any of those fights and acting like a di^k in the cage against Henderson or anybody. Its hard for me to feel like he's been run over when it has been him doing the bulldozing, whether it be calling forrest a loser after forrest broke down or whatever it may be, Quintins sudden "All Ive done for you and this is how you treat me!" rant seems a little silly in retrospect. I feel for him but its also easy to see his comments as extremely self serving, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Secondly,

The UFC has no problem with kicking you off when you lose one fight, or if you put in a boring fight, or make a mistake, they cut you, they dont always show loyalty so i think its unfair to ask a fighter to uphold to it all the time as well.
I agree but playing the devils advocate, whos to say some of the guys the UFC cut werent just huge rockstars with huge egos that ran their the yaps all the time? History as shown, the nice guys that respect the fact that they arent free agents and they work for a company are the people that never get cut from the UFC, that Ive seen anyway.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
I'm on the fence a little bit because its apparent Quintin feels, in his head, that he's put a lot on the line for the UFC. That said, Quintin never had a problem selling any of those fights and acting like a di^k in the cage against Henderson or anybody. Its hard for me to feel like he's been run over when it has been him doing the bulldozing, whether it be calling forrest a loser after forrest broke down or whatever it may be, Quintins sudden "All Ive done for you and this is how you treat me!" rant seems a little silly in retrospect. I feel for him but its also easy to see his comments as extremely self serving, nothing more.

I see exactly what you are saying and yeah i'd agree that Quinton has made a lot of mistakes, which I'm sad about. i'm not sure where he acted a d>ck with Hendo????? He does sound very self obsessed.

I agree but playing the devils advocate, whos to say some of the guys the UFC cut werent just huge rockstars with huge egos that ran their the yaps all the time? History as shown, the nice guys that respect the fact that they arent free agents and they work for a company are the people that never get cut from the UFC, that Ive seen anyway.

I see exactly what you are saying and yeah i'd agree that Quinton has made a lot of mistakes, which I'm sad about. i'm not sure where he acted a d>ck with Hendo????? He does sound very self obsessed.

And yeah I would agree with guys like Chris Lytle and many others who turn up and are respectful seem to be looked after. It seems others get a harder time though!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Good for Page, but I can't say I will miss him too much.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:40 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I think you're right. Rampage says:

Quote:
I've been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don't pay my bills or put my kids though college.
Uh, yeah, they DO pay your bills and put your kids through college. Good luck with that 2nd career.
Exactly, and I am sick of athletes complaining about fans.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FANS DO?
They are fans, they pick the sport apart, they complain, they enjoy, etc...
Every football fan I've ever met can tell you ways their team can improve,
every baseball fan has a plan for his team, etc...
So of course MMA fans criticize, its sort of the nature of sports.

Rampage is a whiner, always has been, he wants the money and fame,
and NONE of the negatives to being famous and rich, its pathetic.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
but i just have to say Rampage is one of the few fighters in MMA that i feel i got full value for my entertainment dollar from....good luck to him no matter what direction he decide to go.
I agree. Rampage was GREAT for the UFC. I believe everything he said there as well. The UFC NEEDS a Rampage Jackson. All my kids love him and they never loved anyone before in the UFC. They are the future fans and that says alot to me. Dana is a dork if he lets Rampage go. Dana needs to give him what he wants inorder to keep him.

The UFC just got a big notch more boring without Rampage.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERStettin View Post
I agree. Rampage was GREAT for the UFC. I believe everything he said there as well. The UFC NEEDS a Rampage Jackson. All my kids love him and they never loved anyone before in the UFC. They are the future fans and that says alot to me. Dana is a dork if he lets Rampage go. Dana needs to give him what he wants inorder to keep him.

The UFC just got a big notch more boring without Rampage.

Saying the UFC needs Quinten is stretching it a lot... and no matter who is right or wrong.. Quinten agreed to do TUF and to fight Rashad... he walked. Unless something changed afterward... he is wrong to walk... Let him leave... UFC was fine before.. and will be fine after.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 AM
ERStettin

I agree with you that he should have finished the TUF stuff and fought Rashad, if that was his contract. By the same token, if Dana promised him stuff and never delivered, then I understand his frustration as well.

Dana seems to have left the door open for him to return and I suspect he will, that tells me Dana might be guilty as charged.

Speaking on Rampage and what he does for the UFC; he is a personality that the UFC hasn't really had outside of a guy like Forrest and some of his quotes. He makes people laugh and that is good. I love to watch anything he is on, because I know it is going to be funny and during his fights, he is going to deliver. His personality is kind of like Muhammed Ali in a sense.

I always watched Ali in the 70's, particularly his interviews with Howard Cossell because they were always funny and you never knew what he was going to do (pull his toupee off....lol). Ali was a great fighter and really packed them in due to his abilities and personality. Now my kids have a guy like Rampage to watch and laugh with. Kind of the same thing.

I believe Dana knows he needs Rampage in the UFC as well. I hated the A Team series but will definetly buy a ticket to watch Rampage.

Last edited by ERStettin; 09-27-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Why exactly does the UFC need Quinten????

He has had a total of 6 or 7 fights in the UFC.. Granted.. he KTFOed my man Chuck.. and Wandy.. but there has been other great KOs.

Quinten had a great career before the UFC, and the UFC was still the top dog.. he comes to the UFC.. UFC is still the top dog.. He goes mental after having won the belt, but can't defend... makes the UFC not look great.. for a few weeks... He recovers.. the UFC recovers...

why does the UFC "need" any one specific fighter...

Affiliction "needed" Barnett to fight Fedor.. Affliction "needs" Fedor...
Elite XC "needed" Kevin Furgeson. Where are those groups now?

Granted I would HATE to see Chuck, Matt, or any other of my favorite fighters go somewhere else to fight... but the UFC would still sell PPVs and sell out events.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:48 AM
sasquatch

Holy crap! A LOT happens after a month without tv or internet! lol