Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
atomdanger

Default NSAC rejects application for officiating license from Big John McCarthy

Quote:
http://mmamania.com/2009/09/22/acces...john-mccarthy/

Naturally, Kizer insists that McCarthy was not approved due to limited space and a large pool of applicants not personal ill will, and that his application is not denied just in limbo with the dozens of other applicants who will never see the inside of a Nevada cage.

Like the many fighters hes overseen throughout his career, McCarthy was gracious in defeat:

A license to referee or judge with an athletic commission its not a right, its a privilege. Everyone kept bringing up the fact that I wasnt licensed in Nevada, so I said, Alright, Ill apply. I have no problems with anybody in Nevada. When you do your job right as a referee, theres not gonna be a lot of people saying things. The sport is growing; the officiating is having to grow with it. The whole reason Im [back] reffing is because its what I love to do, and Im going to enjoy doing what Im doing.
LMAO wow,
I will say it right now, Kizer is a whore on Zuffa's payroll.
Denying his application because you have a lot of them? Pffft.
Get out of here, thats lame.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

dude, this is vegas ... the city was built by gangsters .. you think there isn't still some of that going on??? kizer is a puppet, he knows how much zuffa brings into the nsac ... imo BHM made the first mistake and now unfortunately he is paying the price ... i hate seeing people unable to make a pay cheque, but he should have been smarter ...
Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
LMAO wow,
I will say it right now, Kizer is a whore on Zuffa's payroll.
Denying his application because you have a lot of them? Pffft.
Get out of here, thats lame.

I think its apparent Kizer likes the attention and money the UFC brings to the NSAC and Vegas. He knows the UFC can do shows anywhere on earth now so keeping the wedge between Big John and the UFC is the best way to keep their "partnership" prosperous.

I don;t know what actually transpired between Big John and Dana but it must have gotten pretty damn ugly.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
dude, this is vegas ... the city was built by gangsters .. you think there isn't still some of that going on??? kizer is a puppet, he knows how much zuffa brings into the nsac ... imo BHM made the first mistake and now unfortunately he is paying the price ... i hate seeing people unable to make a pay cheque, but he should have been smarter ...

Big John isnt hurting for money, at all. That said, he's argueably the best ref in MMA and his credibility is second to none. Given the plague of terrible calls and stoppages the UFC has seen in the past 2 years, getting a guy like John back seems like the logical thing to do.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
I think its apparent Kizer likes the attention and money the UFC brings to the NSAC and Vegas. He knows the UFC can do shows anywhere on earth now so keeping the wedge between Big John and the UFC is the best way to keep their "partnership" prosperous.

I don;t know what actually transpired between Big John and Dana but it must have gotten pretty damn ugly.
Kizer doesn't have to take it from behind like that, he is a tool.

The UFC isn't going to leave vegas, come on.
Not only that, they do many more shows outside of the state than in.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Kizer doesn't have to take it from behind like that, he is a tool.

The UFC isn't going to leave vegas, come on.
Not only that, they do many more shows outside of the state than in.
have you seen kizer??? of course he takes it like that ...
Old 09-23-2009, 03:35 AM
que

that's corruption right there
Old 09-23-2009, 04:01 AM
MMeh

That's disgusting. Seriously, truly awful
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
have you seen kizer??? of course he takes it like that ...
LMAO
Old 09-23-2009, 07:08 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

While I do think Big John should have been given his licence I ain't gonna automatically blame Dana and the UFC for it. I find it amazing how many Folks seem to think Dana has so much power he can tell the Athletic commission what to do. Hey next time I have a rough day maybe I should blame the all powerful Dana White!