Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Lets just clear one thing up, Texas was not booing Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright now thats clear, I more than anyone sometimes feel the threat and fear of the Islamic world, its stronger in England than the U.S my brothers, and I passionatly believe we must cling firmly to our faith and trust our Lord.

I will say that we are commanded to Love our neighbour and further than that to love our enemy, now i work with plenty of Muslims and most are affable chaps but my command is not to hate on them, or boo their false God but to love them and to tell them of one true christ.

I still got a lot to do but it is my understanding of how I should act.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
You don't like God? because that is what Allah translates too ... but since you didn't know that I am sure you are just ignorant to many other things ...
Thank you Mac, Chuck, and Nate! It's always funny to me how people will start name calling to try and hurt you or discredit what you say. I have sparred full out some of the best MMA guy's around a little name ain't gonna hurt. LOL

I don't have to accept anyones religion as a matter of fact I can hate thier religion as long as I don't hate the person. God of the Bible not Allah god of the Koran says he hates divorce but he doesn't hate the person. Do you think God hates Idol worship enough to destroy a city or two and all the people in it?

I once met a Buhdist monk from New Orleans on a bus to Miami. We began talking and I poked fun at the little fat buhda guy and that funny smelling stuff he was reqiured to wear. We became friendly on the trip because he had never had someone be so sincerely honest with him. In fact he told me about how lonely it was in his temple and that he never had a friend. We discussed with a little humor of course many religious, social, and personal aspects of life. After the bus ride we traded addresses and I sent him a Bible and he sent me his text. We wrote letters several times and he was reading the Bible searching for truth.

I had no need to read what he sent me because I know the truth. He couldn't understand how I could dislike his religion so much but still care about him so in his heart he wanted to understand that and his soul sought out the truth. I moved and lost his address but I know that the spirit of the Lord fell on him in a mighty way because I stood against his religion but loved the person.

Rearnakedchoke, You don't know me obviously or you wouldn't call names. I don't know you and I will not as well. I appreciate you standing up against something you thought was incorrect it takes a man to do that. However, you should double check your information before you jump to your feet.

Also, tolerance can be a tool of the Devil as well as Political Correctness. Adversity and Honesty will forge a man's soul.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Thank you Mac, Chuck, and Nate! It's always funny to me how people will start name calling to try and hurt you or discredit what you say. I have sparred full out some of the best MMA guy's around a little name ain't gonna hurt. LOL

I don't have to accept anyones religion as a matter of fact I can hate thier religion as long as I don't hate the person. God of the Bible not Allah god of the Koran says he hates divorce but he doesn't hate the person. Do you think God hates Idol worship enough to destroy a city or two and all the people in it?

I once met a Buhdist monk from New Orleans on a bus to Miami. We began talking and I poked fun at the little fat buhda guy and that funny smelling stuff he was reqiured to wear. We became friendly on the trip because he had never had someone be so sincerely honest with him. In fact he told me about how lonely it was in his temple and that he never had a friend. We discussed with a little humor of course many religious, social, and personal aspects of life. After the bus ride we traded addresses and I sent him a Bible and he sent me his text. We wrote letters several times and he was reading the Bible searching for truth.

I had no need to read what he sent me because I know the truth. He couldn't understand how I could dislike his religion so much but still care about him so in his heart he wanted to understand that and his soul sought out the truth. I moved and lost his address but I know that the spirit of the Lord fell on him in a mighty way because I stood against his religion but loved the person.

Rearnakedchoke, You don't know me obviously or you wouldn't call names. I don't know you and I will not as well. I appreciate you standing up against something you thought was incorrect it takes a man to do that. However, you should double check your information before you jump to your feet.

Also, tolerance can be a tool of the Devil as well as Political Correctness. Adversity and Honesty will forge a man's soul.
you are right ... i don't know you ... and i apologize for calling you ignant but i would have done the same thing if someone referred to my religion as a dude with long hair hanging out with his virgin mother while raising the dead and feeding the masses on scraps ... we are two different people obviously and see things differently, i don't walk around on egg shells, i just don't talk about other peoples' religions in ways that i wouldn't want mine talked about ...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 PM
TDPARKASH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am not muslim, but i do take offence to the comments. I am Hindu, and proud to be living in North America. I have friends of all religions and respect their beliefs equally.

"This is a CHRISTIAN nation"- I didn't know that United States of America or Canada had an official religion. One of the great things about the U.S & Canada, is our open-mindeness to all cultures and religions. Like i said before, I have never met anyone on this forum, but have been talking about UFC/MMA for a few years now and found Matt Hughes Fans to be the most knowledgeable fans.

Mac, I am not denying your belief in Jesus. If that makes you a better person, that is swell. I am not christian, but have a strong faith in my religion (which I believes makes me a better person). It is actually my belief in my religion that inspires me to write to you in a positive context, as opposed to saying negative marks. I have been fortunate to be blessed with a lot in terms of academaics and career, but i don't credit that to my belief alone. It takes a lot of hard work and discpline to achieve your dreams in life.

Some of the comments that you made in your statements, show that you don't really understand some of the religions that you mentioned. I know there has been a lot of fundamentalists on both sides of the fence in the last 10 years, but comments like that don't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Whoa Whoa Whoa boys and girls .

Im with Shane . TpRash , i could care less whether the muslim nation takes offence to what Shane or anyone else comments about . Im Sure Shane feels the same . TO many people wear thier hearts on thier slea eves and let stuff get to em to much .

Besides , so you poke fun at a muslim , do you really think a man with a Pamper on his head is gonna take offence at a one liner aimed in his direction ? Big deal if he does , to many people cater to those folks . Whether you like it or not this is a CHRISTIAN Nation . Not muslim , not buhdist , its Christian . Seems this country is to afraid to offend people nowadays and our voice is not being heard.

You know , when it comes right down to it i cant help but laugh . Like was stated above , youve got people worshiping 8 armed women , happy fat guys , cows , Snakes , water and sun , yet you see most of these countries stricken with disease , starvation , poverty etc and asking our Christian Nation for help. Which we provide . Yet they deny Jesus and continue bowing to a happy meal on the hoof. You see a trend here ?

Worship a cow , fat guy , spider girl , "Anyone but Jesus" and prepare to have flys on your face , not enough to eat , small pox and sally struthers as your best friend.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH View Post
I am not muslim, but i do take offence to the comments. I am Hindu, and proud to be living in North America. I have friends of all religions and respect their beliefs equally.

"This is a CHRISTIAN nation"- I didn't know that United States of America or Canada had an official religion. One of the great things about the U.S & Canada, is our open-mindeness to all cultures and religions. Like i said before, I have never met anyone on this forum, but have been talking about UFC/MMA for a few years now and found Matt Hughes Fans to be the most knowledgeable fans.

Mac, I am not denying your belief in Jesus. If that makes you a better person, that is swell. I am not christian, but have a strong faith in my religion (which I believes makes me a better person). It is actually my belief in my religion that inspires me to write to you in a positive context, as opposed to saying negative marks. I have been fortunate to be blessed with a lot in terms of academaics and career, but i don't credit that to my belief alone. It takes a lot of hard work and discpline to achieve your dreams in life.

Some of the comments that you made in your statements, show that you don't really understand some of the religions that you mentioned. I know there has been a lot of fundamentalists on both sides of the fence in the last 10 years, but comments like that don't help.
Since you are a Hindu can you explain to me the belief that the Earth is on the back of an Elephant standing on the back of a Turtle?

Also none of us dislike you and I believe you can worship Goldfish if you want but I am going to laugh at it. Sorry if you feel thats wrong. If we were friends I would pick at you about it and you could do the same to me if you want. But when it all boiled down to it I would be sad for your soul because if your name is not written in the Lamb's book of life and Jesus denies he knows you in front of his Father your soul will spend eternity in Hell. And I don't want that for anyone, honestly.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i agree with kash, this country was founded by mostly christians but they did not make this country a CHRISTIAN nation. if they did make it a christian nation, they would have written in the constitution: "Ameican, the CHRISTIAN NATION!" but they didn't, they actually did the complete opposite. they created america based on the seperation of church and state. they made it a non-specific religious nation on purpose. it is not a hindu nation or an atheist nation or a christian nation or a buddhist nation, it is an open-palette nation created so that all forms of religious people can call it home. that is what makes america so great. the country is not tied down by any one religion, it is separated from the church (religion) so that it can become a melting pot.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

[QUOTE=Shane Lee 2;69245]

I don't have to accept anyones religion as a matter of fact I can hate thier religion as long as I don't hate the person. God of the Bible not Allah god of the Koran says he hates divorce but he doesn't hate the person. Do you think God hates Idol worship enough to destroy a city or two and all the people in it?

I once met a Buhdist monk from New Orleans on a bus to Miami. We began talking and I poked fun at the little fat buhda guy and that funny smelling stuff he was reqiured to wear. We became friendly on the trip because he had never had someone be so sincerely honest with him. In fact he told me about how lonely it was in his temple and that he never had a friend. We discussed with a little humor of course many religious, social, and personal aspects of life. After the bus ride we traded addresses and I sent him a Bible and he sent me his text. We wrote letters several times and he was reading the Bible searching for truth.

I had no need to read what he sent me because I know the truth. He couldn't understand how I could dislike his religion so much but still care about him so in his heart he wanted to understand that and his soul sought out the truth. I moved and lost his address but I know that the spirit of the Lord fell on him in a mighty way because I stood against his religion but loved the person.
[=Shane Lee 2;69245QUOTE]

Wicked man!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i agree with kash, this country was founded by mostly christians but they did not make this country a CHRISTIAN nation. they made it a non-specific religious nation on purpose and they also created separation of church and state for that exact reason. it is not a hindu nation or an atheist nation or a christian nation or a buddhist nation, it is an open-palette nation created so that all forms of religious people can call it home. that is what makes america so great. the country is not tied down by any one religion, it is separated from the church so that it can become a melting pot.
I agree that they wanted religious tolerance and such but everything said in God we trust not in 8 arm women or Cows or Fat Guys but God so I think the reference is there. And what does our national anthem say?

Well in the end there can be only one that is right and the rest are wrong........ so whatever one you choose you better hope you bought the right ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
I agree that they wanted religious tolerance and such but everything said in God we trust not in 8 arm women or Cows or Fat Guys but God so I think the reference is there. And what does our national anthem say?
well yes they obviously threw in their influences here and there, but it's just an anthem and a dollar bill. we are talking about america as an entire nation here, and whether it is a christian nation. the fact is, america is not a christian nation, it is the land of the free and does not support or refute any one religion over another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
Well in the end there can be only one that is right and the rest are wrong........ so whatever one you choose you better hope you bought the right ticket.
let's not mince words here, we are not talking about if christianity is right or wrong. we are talking about america being a christian nation or not. two completely different subjects. and we are talking about people boo'ing/or not boo'ing vitor belforts comments
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Shane Lee 2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you are right ... i don't know you ... and i apologize for calling you ignant but i would have done the same thing if someone referred to my religion as a dude with long hair hanging out with his virgin mother while raising the dead and feeding the masses on scraps ... we are two different people obviously and see things differently, i don't walk around on egg shells, i just don't talk about other peoples' religions in ways that i wouldn't want mine talked about ...
I am glad to hear your a christian and that's all that matters to me. We were all made to be different so that the puzzle fits together correctly. Just remember, Jesus spoke out about other religions but he loved the people and he was our example of how to live on this earth.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.