Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
no rearnaked is right, Cro Cop is a quitter. But why stop at Cro Cop I think that every fighter that taps out instead of going out or letting their arm get broken are quitters too.
What about fighters who don't leave the corner???

Old 09-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
why, because he got hit straight in the eye socket and couldn't see?

same thing happened to jeremy horn once and told the ref to stop the fight in the middle of the round because he couldn't see. using your logic, you might as well call jeremy horn a quitter too.

btw crocop got hit with some devastating knees to the head that stunned him bigtime and would have KO'd most fighters but he stayed standing for 2-3 minutes after that and kept fighting while he was obviously rocked the entire time. it wasn't until he couldn't see that the fight stopped. he is not a quitter
cro cop did it to barnet and bob sap
Old 09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he is right ... he is a quitter
Umm.... ( i wanted to say something mean there )

Thats Cro Cop you're talking about.
Classy, respectful, talented and amazing. I have nothing but respect for Cro cop,
and even though he didn't go out on top, I will miss seeing him fight.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Dont know why some folks dont like this guy . He is straight forward , doesnt gloat or brag , he goes out , does his job and calls it a day .

I have always liked Mirko whether he is winning or not .

He is an excellent role model for the sport . If this is his last then thanks CroCop.Its been awsome.

Well said.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Crisco

I think if Mirko did a little more boxing work he would be better off.

He stands very straight and rigid these days and I think if he wanted to keep fighting it would be wise tochange his camp up a little bit.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Krupp

This man will be missed. A shame all the old school fighters that were at the peak of glory of this sport in 2006 are now slowly starting to lose their edge...

Cro Cop, Wanderlei (As much as it hurts me to say it), Chuck, Randy, Rich, Matt (Sorry guys...this is just my opinion) and Jens....and sadly enough, Hendo (my third favorite fighter apart from Wandy and Matt) and big Nog will be joining them eventually. They're all legends. They're all amazing, and we all love them to death. But each and every one of them is going to have to accept that some day, they will have to hang up the gloves.

These guys can't keep fighting forever. It's better if they quit while they have their health rather than keep going and eventually get seroiusly hurt because of it.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:10 AM

His words break my heart. Sounds so sad. I wish him all the best.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

He stands very straight and rigid these days and I think if he wanted to keep fighting it would be wise tochange his camp up a little bit.
maybe its because of the countless knee problems that he had over the last20 years
Old 09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Dont know why some folks dont like this guy . He is straight forward , doesnt gloat or brag , he goes out , does his job and calls it a day .

I have always liked Mirko whether he is winning or not .

He is an excellent role model for the sport . If this is his last then thanks CroCop.Its been awsome.

I agree, Ive come to the conclussion people that hate on him are just silly little people that think anybody that isnt American is a Liberal Russian Muslim that supports gay rights and hate Christians

He has always been a awesome, well spoken guy that took/takes MMA very seriously. He'll always be one of my favorites for that very reason.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post

I think changing his camp would change everything for him.