Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-21-2009, 02:05 AM
que

Default Crocop: "Maybe my critics who said I am done are right"

ďMaybe the ones who have said that Iím done are right. Obviously, I canít break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, Iíve been training like a spartan for 20 years now ó my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, Iíve been worn outÖ. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot moreÖ. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But Iím not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I donít feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, Iím not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. Iíve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. Iím entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You canít win that way. Maybe I shouldíve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.Ē

http://mmamania.com/
Old 09-21-2009, 02:11 AM
rearnakedchoke

he is right ... he is a quitter
Old 09-21-2009, 02:27 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he is right ... he is a quitter
why, because he got hit straight in the eye socket and couldn't see?

same thing happened to jeremy horn once and told the ref to stop the fight in the middle of the round because he couldn't see. using your logic, you might as well call jeremy horn a quitter too.

btw crocop got hit with some devastating knees to the head that stunned him bigtime and would have KO'd most fighters but he stayed standing for 2-3 minutes after that and kept fighting while he was obviously rocked the entire time. it wasn't until he couldn't see that the fight stopped. he is not a quitter
Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
why, because he got hit straight in the eye socket and couldn't see?

same thing happened to jeremy horn once and told the ref to stop the fight in the middle of the round because he couldn't see. using your logic, you might as well call jeremy horn a quitter too.

btw crocop got hit with some devastating knees to the head that stunned him bigtime and would have KO'd most fighters but he stayed standing for 2-3 minutes after that and kept fighting while he was obviously rocked the entire time. it wasn't until he couldn't see that the fight stopped. he is not a quitter
no rearnaked is right, Cro Cop is a quitter. But why stop at Cro Cop I think that every fighter that taps out instead of going out or letting their arm get broken are quitters too.

Last edited by Max; 09-21-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

CroCop seems like a nice guy. I've been one of the biggest haters on here, but I wish him all the best.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Hughes fanboy

He never should have entered the UFC. Doing it for your fans is always a big mistake. If a fighter is spent, all the nuthuggery in the world cannot reverse his sucess.

I think its time to hang up the gloves. He knows this and I respect his candidness.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Mac

Dont know why some folks dont like this guy . He is straight forward , doesnt gloat or brag , he goes out , does his job and calls it a day .

I have always liked Mirko whether he is winning or not .

He is an excellent role model for the sport . If this is his last then thanks CroCop.Its been awsome.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 AM
logrus

IT happens the way he lost, I aint going to put it down on the guy. With that being said, I still believe Mirko is done now just like I said it in his first UFC fight and since then its nothing but becoming more and more obvious.

I think the problem is the Pride lovers are holding on to strongly to the past glorys of their heros remembering what they were and not what they are.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 AM
TonyCap

Maybe he needs to join Couture's camp. It obviously did wonders for Vitor.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

He needs to take a nice vacation and then if he gets the desire back and feels up to it he can try again!