Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Maldonado136

Default YES!!! (UFC 103 semi-rant)

what a fantastic night i mean seriously! i was so nervous when vitor was about to fight because im as hardcore of a fan as it gets when it comes to vitor belfort and he pulled it off!! and my boy junior won too like i knew he would!! great night of fights. bravo.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:07 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see Rich go down, but it's his own fault for planted dead in front of Vitor. He'll be back & put on some more great fights, but tonight sucks.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 AM
fightpastor

That was the worst performance I have ever seen from Rich Franklin. He didn't even seem to want to be in the cage. Maybe that was really Jim Carrey out there fighting.

www.fightpastor.com
Old 09-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Maldonado136

yeah i always root for rich except this time. im a very loyal vitor fan so at least i have a legitimate reason lol. i know im biased but i dont think it was so much that rich was terrible. i just think vitor was great and he capitalized on his moment. i did think rich was more smiley than usual like he wasnt being serious though.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Shane Lee 2

I really like Rich but I was in the locker room when he was cutting weight and in my opinion he looked bad. Yes I know everyone looks bad when they cut weight but it just seemed different. And when I talked with him backstage at the weigh ins he seemed burned out and Vitor seemed pretty spry to me.

Fiore disagreed with me but I don't know. I just hope he comes back and does great things.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 AM
atomdanger

Interesting night of fights.....

Local boy Rick Story won.
Odd win for Dos Santos, I wasn't satisfied.
Vitor did everything I thought he would do.
The Kampann stoppage was RIDICULOUS, he was not only covering,
but he was standing fine on his own two feet. Horrible, horrible stoppage.
Nice to see KOS take out Trigg.
IMpressive win for Efrain as well.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:43 AM
huan

I'm not even sure how Yves Lavigne has a job...

Also, is it the new trend for all refs to allow 3+ solid shots to the back of the head and then stop the fight?
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Lee 2 View Post
I really like Rich but I was in the locker room when he was cutting weight and in my opinion he looked bad. Yes I know everyone looks bad when they cut weight but it just seemed different. And when I talked with him backstage at the weigh ins he seemed burned out and Vitor seemed pretty spry to me.

Fiore disagreed with me but I don't know. I just hope he comes back and does great things.
When I saw the photos of the press conference I thought to myself that Rich's eyes looked really sunken and he seemed a little out of it.

[
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 AM

Great night of fights.

I just thought Belfort was real sharp, I bet a lot of money on him so was quite pleased that he won. if i am honest i wasn't all that impressed with Rich against Wanderlei so I felt Belfort could pull it off.

I really hope to see Rich back again because he is such a dangerous guy and love watching him fight. He'll be back.

I wanted TRigg to last longer but pleased that Kos bounced back.

Mirko, just doesn't look like he has it anymore against top level competition, I can't figure out why he looks so bad. A sad end to the fight, I was hoping a huge kick might save him.

Paul Daley was going to win that but Cmon Yves, he had to allow another shot at least!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 PM

just because someone is covering up doesn't mean it's an intelligent defense.. cmon kamp took some really heavy shots and was just standing there with his hands on his head. that isnt defending, that's called giving up.