Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
do we really need studies to tell us that prolonged abuse of steroids will kill you? I agree with you 100%. Just look at all the wrestlers that have abused for years, they died prematurely. Everything has a price!
Again, look at the autopsy results people! What else did you see in the blood results?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
His mind, it's failed him before.

Honestly, though, I do believe 100% that Matt can still beat GSP. No doubt in my mind.
I agree 100%. Up until GSP got the armbar I thought Matt was going to turn it around. I also think that had Alves not landed that knee Matt would have worn him down within that round. I had Matt winning the Alves fight by KO.

I honestly think there will be a Hughes GSP IV. I think those fights (like Randy vs. Chuck) will always sell and I think Matt takes out another big guy after he pulvarizes Serra (maybe Kos) we'll see him fight/beat either Alves or GSP.

How's our champ feeling about the Serra fight, Nate?

[
Old 02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
lc87

[QUOTE=Llamafighter]I also think that had Alves not landed that knee Matt would have worn him down within that round. I had Matt winning the Alves fight by KO.
QUOTE]

Didn't matt say his knee went out before that knee landed?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:35 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
I also think that had Alves not landed that knee Matt would have worn him down within that round. I had Matt winning the Alves fight by KO.
Didn't matt say his knee went out before that knee landed?
Unless I missed something, it looked getting hit by Alves' knee is what caused Matt to go down and twist his knee. I'd be really surprised to hear that it happened before Alves caught him with the knee.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
I will happily be cheering for Alves in this fight. He seems like a good guy, not arrogant and in your face. He could be a real monster for GSP to face. I would love to see him time out one of those viscious knees when GSP tries to shoot on him.
It is possible, but imo GSP has the most unpredictable takedowns and sets them up the best ... his speed leaves little time for people to throw a knee ... i am sure people have tried training for it, but it is harder to pull it off .... gsp takes him down and pounds him out
Old 02-10-2009, 04:47 PM
GroundNPound

There really haven't been any pure strikers at WW for GSP to fight. I think he has good stand up and could hang with just about everyone.

And why does everyone think Alves has great striking? His kicks could hurt GSP but if he doesn't hurt GSP with a bomb I think he will get put on his back and pounded out like Fitch did to him.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
It is possible, but imo GSP has the most unpredictable takedowns and sets them up the best ... his speed leaves little time for people to throw a knee ... i am sure people have tried training for it, but it is harder to pull it off .... gsp takes him down and pounds him out

yes it is possible. very possible. the point is though, if GSP attempts takedowns and Alves can stuff them, Gsp will start to get worn down. If the fight stays standing, Alves has deadly leg kicks and very good hands. Gsp may want to shoot again, but he may be a little spent and therefore may be a little slower, a little more predictable. It will be at a time like this that i envision Alves landing a knee to the jaw of GSP and putting him asleep.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Preach

Alves will be a tough test for GSP.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Josh

There is no way Alves will stuff GSP's TDs. The only thing that really sets him apart from GSP's other fights is Alves is really big like GSP.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
There is no way Alves will stuff GSP's TDs. The only thing that really sets him apart from GSP's other fights is Alves is really big like GSP.
No he just looks that way coz he never actually makes weight