Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Its going to be a WAR: Vaseline -vs- HGH...... to close to call .
Old 02-07-2009, 11:26 PM
MMeh

Valid point. I think GSP wins if he sticks with what he's good at (takedown, gnp, repeat until decision/Alves is finished). However, if this stays on the feet Alves has a significant advantage. Like Fitch, Alves is one of the few WW on the planet who is not at a major size disadvantage to GSP, and he is a great striker. The big issues in this fight as far as I'm concerned are (1) does it take place on the mat or standing and (2) can Thiago hit 170 on the button without the amputation of a limb?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
His mind, it's failed him before.

Honestly, though, I do believe 100% that Matt can still beat GSP. No doubt in my mind.
Me aswell.

But I am hoping that Alves can do it...then Matt can get revenge in the form of getting his title back from Alves.

I will Never give up hope for a Tertiary Reign from Matt Hughes...not until the day he retires.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
Not touchy over GSP, I mean yea Im a fan, but I hate the fact that people think that no one can win the way he does and not be clean. And keep digging yourself a bigger hole by saying I was "owned", anyone can say that they know a lot about any subject, and as far as his "personal" experience like I said before their are no steroid related deaths documented so his first steroid realtated information is in fact false. Might want to to know what your talking about before you try and be Mr. E-thug again
arent you the guy who loves Urijah Faber....

I've got news for you...you might want to pay attention to my weekly video blog that comes out tommorow...it will feature...a suprise
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
If Alves falls to GSP and don't wanna get ahead of this. Is there anyone in the UFC's 170 division that can beat GSP? As of right now Fitch is the only thats giveng GSP a somewhat good fight.
I don't know.. there is this guy I have seen fight many many times... He beat GSP the first time they fought.. maybe you have heard of him? Didn't do as good the next two.. but can he beat GSP.. I would think Oh Hell Yes!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
arent you the guy who loves Urijah Faber....

I've got news for you...you might want to pay attention to my weekly video blog that comes out tommorow...it will feature...a suprise
Huh? You will have to direct to this video Not really sure what your talking about w/ Faber and steroids. He get busted or something?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
KevinD

I will happily be cheering for Alves in this fight. He seems like a good guy, not arrogant and in your face. He could be a real monster for GSP to face. I would love to see him time out one of those viscious knees when GSP tries to shoot on him.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
There are no deaths directly related to steroids buddy, try again, but I'm sure you know that b/c of your paper. Sorry about your friend though. And if he died due to liver or kidney failure it wasnt due to steroid use, it was due to steroid ABUSE.
Maybe not directly, but they have linked steroid use to heart disease. Remember, the heart is a muscle. There have even been studies that have proven that prolonged steroid use enlarges the heart. It can also cause brain and aortic aneurysms because of increased homocysteine levels in the blood.

Look at all the pro wrestlers who have died over the years. Alot of them have died at young ages. Sure, some were using other drugs, but a huge amount of them used roids.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
KevinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Maybe not directly, but they have linked steroid use to heart disease. Remember, the heart is a muscle. There have even been studies that have proven that prolonged steroid use enlarges the heart. It can also cause brain and aortic aneurysms because of increased homocysteine levels in the blood.

Look at all the pro wrestlers who have died over the years. Alot of them have died at young ages. Sure, some were using other drugs, but a huge amount of them used roids.

do we really need studies to tell us that prolonged abuse of steroids will kill you? I agree with you 100%. Just look at all the wrestlers that have abused for years, they died prematurely. Everything has a price!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Champ2be

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN

Your preaching to the choir caveman,lol. I know about medicine and the truth about steroids(Im a paramedic and a cardiac guru, so I think I know a little about the heart ). When used and not abused they are perfectly fine assuming that you are in good health. Remember too much of anything can be harmful... Tylenol, asprin, water for God sakes! Remember cheese burgers can cause heart problems too, but you dont see people bitching about them. As far as wrestlers go, you hit the nail on the head about abusing other drugs. I assume you are you refering to Eddie Gurraro(sp) who had cocaine, and meth, and opiates(pain pills) in his system along with steroids. Or the wrestler that killed his family a few years back, same story pain pills, booze, narcotics in his system. Starting to get my point? Wrestlers have also been linked to pain pill addictions too, and that stuff it horrible on the body, especially the liver, kidneys, and heart, and dont even get me started on how much booze these guys drink. You have to look at the big picture here there are plenty of guys that have been doing steroids for 40+ years and are fine, but when the media brings up one person out of the millions that do abuse steroids everyone goes crazy and says steroids are a killer... Nothing is further than the truth than that statement. Sure bodybuilders may have health problems later on, but no one thinks about the ammount of red meat that they ate over the years, and abuse of insulin, and diuretics. Everyone just jumps on the media bandwagon about steroids and thinks that they are so horrible. You know what else can cause brain and aortic aneurysms? Abuse of pain meds, and even too much asprin. Everything has side affects... Eveything. I see people all the time taking 4-5 asprin at a time for migraines. The only difference is that over the county meds are legal which makes them society acceptable. If steroids were legal you would never hear anything about them.

Last edited by Champ2be; 02-09-2009 at 06:23 PM.