Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Mac

Howdee.

my name is Mac im 28, Been here for 3 years now and have enoyed every bit of it. Im from Shelbyville IL born and raised , about 45 minutes east of Hillsboro. I Have been married to my wife Becky for 8 years , we have a son Boone who just turned 8 and a son Hank who is 9 months. I remember renting the first ufc's when they would be released on vhs , I got out of it because , well i guess i stopped watching vhs ha ha ha. Until one day years back my brother asks me if i had heard about this fella from over around Hillsboro thats been flatt leveling guys in the ufc. Well i had to find out who he was talking about and thats when i found this place. After learning about Matt and Mark i had to sign up . These guys enjoyed the same stuff i did and the man used Hank as his walk in music , one of the other guys i have always looked up to. Sooooo after getting to know everyone here i was asked to help out and become a moderator. Just prior to that Matt was going to his fight in ohio and i had made a sign and placed it along rt 16 where he would be travelling. That was the first time i had ever met the Guys , Matt , Mark and Fiore stopped by to get some pictures . SOmetime afterthat Matt called and wanted me and my brother Mike to come over one evening. We ended up restoring a John Deere 70 for them and have been good buddies ever since. Besides Matt and Mark i have made some very close friends here . Something i really didnt think would ever happen. I try to get most of the UfC's and 9 times out of 10 Nater is over to watch them with me and any other forum members who are in the area , Iva had Jeff overonce or twice and boomer has made several trips to the Frederick Compound ha ha ha . Me and Nate and Boom actually got together for some shooting a couple months ago that you can see on Booms website . As for personal stuff about me. Me , my Dad and my Brother own and operate " W.M. Frederick & Sons Concrete" We do it all . I have been into old cars and trucks since i was tiny , when other kids in fourth grade where learning cheat codes to mario brothers , I was reading up on how to drop a big block in a 57 chevy, Or how much lift it took to clear a set of 44 inch ground hawgs in my dads blazer lol. Ive owned so many classic cars and BIG chevy 4wd's its not even funny , especially only being 28. Ive been through 4 different 57 chevys , a 55 or 2 and am actually building a 55 to keep for myself , It is a straight axle gasser 55 from the 60's era. 4wd's ive pretty mutch had my hands all over them , took em apart and put em together, currently have a 72 blazer with 40 inch boggers and a 468 big block. As far as other hobbies i hunt what ever season it is , weather its doves , deer , rabbits ,coyotes, or mushrooms lol. I enjoy fishing just like anyone else . I am an avid bow shooter and well shooting is a big hobbie of mine if you cant tell by my sig. Well ive rambled enough , thats me.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
KevinD

My name is kevin. I have been in the forums for a couple of years. I am a diehard MMA fan and more specifically a Matt Hughes fan. I was extremely moved by Matt and his testimony. It has special meaning and how it relates to me and the things that have happen to me in my life.

I have been into sports my whole life. Being from Canada, hockey was the number 1 sport I played growing up and continue to play now in adult leagues. I play baseball in the summers and recently have taken up boxing. I am 41 and just looking to stay in decent shape.

I am very fortunate to be married to a wonderful wife, and have a 16 year old daughter. I have been blessed. Its great meeting you all.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I'm Neezar and I'm a Matt-a-holic.
Not to mention a total rambler-on! Sheesh, let someone else get a word in

[
Old 01-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Hey,

My name is Jon and have been here for quite a while actually! I believe i joined in November 2006!

I am 23, work part time for RBS bank, yeah the suckers who lost $8 billion this year, as a adviser on financial products but am a full time student, studying History which is something i have an absolute passion for. I seem to find there is always someone in the past who done it better or just some remarkable figures who i admire and respect.

Well im in my last 4 months and then its into the big wide world and will be travelling America for 2 and half months but more about that in a soon to come post!

I first watched UFC when i was 12/13 and me and two friends rented UFC 1 from a video store. As teenage boys would,we loved it. lost all contact with it until UFC 38 was shown on Britsh TV. I never really took it in but i remember some stocky, tough, confident fighter put a classic beat down on the slick Carlos Newton. I think that sowed the seed.

Well after findign the UFC again after watching TUF 1, i was in love again, bearing in mind, 14-18, i had been going Muay Thai and had enjoyed the physical contact and to enjoy getting punched in the face! So i just fell in love again with a new UFC that grabbed me by the balls. And when i come back to the UFC, one man was imperious! Matt Hughes. I loved his style, everything about him was awesome, i loved his attitude and confidence, and that i could in small ways identify with him.

So anwyay started collecting UFC DVD backward and thats why i love all the old school fighters, like Chuck, Matt , Randy, they're part of my generation if that makes sense.

Well anwyay, still love Matt, greatest UFC fighter ever and who'd do thought that the only Web Forum i use now would be with a bunch of Americans!!!! Ha ha

Fact is, i wouldnt go anywhere else!

Anyway

Much love

Jonlion!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Blmfighter

Well, my name is Arron and Iím from Bloomington IL. I have been married to my wife since Oct 26, 2002. My wifeís name is Casey and we have s little girls (Grace 3, Norra 2, Jenna 6 months). I work at State Farm Insurance. I love MMA and it is the only sport I watch all the time. I will watch some but only once in a while. I have been a member of this place pretty much from the start.

Like most people here I like to hunt and fish, I like cars and bikes. Iím currently putting a 454 in my 88 s10. I try to help people out when I can. I have had the luck to meet some of the people on the forum. I do consider everyone here my friend. I have had the great pleasure to meet Matt, Mark and Marc a few times and they all are great people.

I guess if you want more info just ask, Iím not sure what else to say.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Crowbar

My name is Jeff Crow as my sn gives that away. I'm 32 soon to be 33. I work Munitions(AMMO) as an active duty member of the United States Air Force. I've been in for about 11 1/2 years now. I'm currently stationed in North Carolina. I've got to travel and live in many different states and countries.

I joined the forums a little over 3 years ago. I'm originally from Nokomis, IL. It's a small town about 15 miles from Hillsboro. I grew up knowing who Matt and Mark were and when I heard that they both were fighting, I went to an event in Springfield, IL back in 98 or 99 where Matt and Mark both fought. I had followed the UFC since the beginning, but on and off. I had heard that Matt was fighting in the UFC and started following his career.

I eventually stumbled onto his website and then these forums. I found some really great people on here and have become very good friends with some of them. I had met Matt and Mark on a few occasions, but never really talked to them until over the past few years. I consider them good friends now and usually get to hang out at the gym when I come home to visit. I also hang out with Nate and have with Mac a few times when visiting too. The funny thing is that when I first joined the forums, Nate was living about 3 hours south of me when I was stationed in New Mexico. I had made plans several times to go down and visit him, but nothing ever panned out. It wasn't until he moved to Hillsboro that I finally got to meet him. I guess it's cause I don't have very far to drive to meet him when I'm back home

That's about all I can write at one time.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Country Breakfast

Hello, My name's Rick. I am from Northern Arkansas. I joined in the summer of 2007. I can honestly say that there is not a finer MMA forum on the web, or a better moderated one. You can't find this kind of relaxed atmosphere anywhere else. Everyone acts like adults around here.
One of my best memories of the forum is when Matt was in Las Vegas filming TUF 6. Every night he would come online and talk to the members for a while. I thought that was pretty cool.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Black Mamba

Iím Danelle, aka ďLil D.Ē Iím 19 years young, born and raised in beautiful So Cal. Like some others on here, I am from a military family background. I spent the first three and half years of my life in Hawaii because my Dad got transferred there during his Naval days. My mom served several uncles, some aunts, great uncle, and my grandpa. Only branch in the family that no one has served in is the Coast Guard.

I am currently a pre-med student majoring in molecular/cellular biology, although I have been considering changing to bioengineering. I have ambitions of being either an anesthesiologists, orthopedic surgeon, or ER doc while serving in the USAF. If the medical route doesnít work, then I have also given some thought as to being a mortician, any engineering field (especially bioengineering), or F.B.I. agent specializing in forensics. Yes I am keeping my options open.

Iíve been a member of this forum since October 30, 2005. I stumbled across it on the T.U.F forums curiosity of NateR. Ever since then I have gotten to meet and know some really great people who I am proud to consider friends. Even before I joined these boards, Iíve been into martial arts since I was four thanks to my Dad. Iíve also been a huge fan of basketball, especially the LA Lakers.

I have also seen my fair share of MMA fights live. Iíve been to UFC 59, 60 (weigh ins), 63, 67 (weigh ins), 79, and the Brock/Randy card. Beyond the UFC I have also been to the inaugural Affliction fight, and will also being to the Day of Reckoning event.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
matthughesfan21

Hey I'm Derek, 18 going on 19, I go to Western Illinois University, and have been on the forums since July 2007
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Tattoo Artist

Hello all!! I am Shane, Sugar Shane to most on here. I have been a fan of Matt's since January of '06 or so, but did hear his name alot before that as I worked in the Hillsboro/Litchfield area as he started his fighting career. I joined the original forum in November of '06 and met my brother from another mother, OddTodd76. I have made quite a few connections on this forum and some of the members I consider my second family, so don't mess with them!! LOL!! Anyway, I was born and raised in central Illinois and now live in northern Illinois in a little town by the name of Thomson. I work in construction as a Superintendent at a biodegradable plastics plant. I love watching and training in MMA as I have done for the past 3 years or so, if I am not in the gym on the weekends you can find me at a campground somewhere. I have never been to a UFC live, but plan on going to Matt's next fight, and have been to a TON of local shows here and there. I guess if you want to know something else, just ask.