Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Since Boomer asked I'll respond. Name's Amy. I'm a registered nurse. Been watching UFC since 1995 and am obsessed with anything MMA now. I've been a member here for 3 years now so I guess that qualifies me as one of the 'vets'.

I was raised as an Army brat. Military issues are very near and dear to my heart. My dad has Alzheimers Disease so I am very interested in the medical research being done to find a cure. I have 2 children, my son will be 12 in March and my daughter just turned 10.

~Amy
Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
cubsfan47

I started watching MMA to deal with the stress and grief of caring for my elderly parents. They have passed at 90+ for both. I haven't fully come to terms with that.

I kept on watching MMA because I discovered I enjoyed it.

I feel sort of like spiritwalker. While I don't share all the religious views expressed here, I respect Matt because he lives as he believes. It's great to be a fan of someone who you can admire because of who they are as much as what they do.

Had another screen name before the changeover; doesn't matter because I hardly posted. Just thought I would choose a name that shows my other obsession.

Probably will mostly read and enjoy the chatter. I just like this place.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM
cubsfan47

Oh yeah, Amy I can relate. I experiences this with two parents. God bless.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:08 PM
octagon junkie

I'm Andrea a 31 year old homemaker and mother of 2 beautiful girls, Paige is 5 and Bry is 3. My husband of 8 years is a truck driver, and as sad as it is that sums up my entire life.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Primadawn

I'm Dawn, the Primadonna of the forum. I've been around since sometime in 2007. I started watching MMA several years ago as a way to spend time with my husband, and now I'm a bigger fan than him! I've been a Matt Hughes fan since the first time I saw him fight, and became a bigger fan once I started learning more about the man.

I grew up in central Missouri--now live in NE Pennsylvania, but am trying to sell my house and move back to Missouri. It's a different world out here!

I pick the fighters I like based on random gut feelings (and not how they look in boy shorts as I have been accused of, though it doesn't hurt).

I'm 38 and have 3 daughters. I'm a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan for baseball and Pittsburgh Steelers fan for football.

Oh..and I adore shoes...
Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Moose

Hey, I'm Moose. I live in Illinois, where I enjoy things like reading, bird watching, and listening to the St. Louis Cardinals on the radio. I grew up playing hockey and boxing growing up, and sometimes I even did them both at the same time.

Anyway, I've known about the UFC since it's inception, as my dad was really interested in it. I've known about Hughes for awhile, mostly because I lived near Charleston when he was wrestling there, and I would constantly go to tournaments.

Oh, and I don't mind going against the grain.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:32 PM

May I just say that this thread was an awesome idea!
Great getting to know all of you again.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Twinsmama

My name is Tracy and I am 29. I am married and have 2 kids. I am a twin and I have twins that are 4 yrs old. I know that is not suppose to happen. I first watched MMA when Matt was fighting Trigg. I couldn't believe the determination and heart that he had to come back and slam Trigg into the ground. I watched that fight with my husband and I fell in love with fighting and Matt. My husband really didn't get into it much so he is usually outside working one of his trucks when I'm watching UFC. My husband thinks I am obsessed and I can only imagine what he would think if he knew I have another family he doesn't know about (you guys). I love mudding, fishing and hunting in that order. Going mudding is our favorite family activity. I live in Sunny Florida and have never seen snow (although is frosted here this morning). I love reading the forums when I am "working".

I also have a crush on Boomer.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Hey, I'm Moose. I live in Illinois, where I enjoy things like reading, bird watching, and listening to the St. Louis Cardinals on the radio. I grew up playing hockey and boxing growing up, and sometimes I even did them both at the same time.

Anyway, I've known about the UFC since it's inception, as my dad was really interested in it. I've known about Hughes for awhile, mostly because I lived near Charleston when he was wrestling there, and I would constantly go to tournaments.

Oh, and I don't mind going against the grain.
Understatement of the year...

Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Greetings From England

Hello My name is Dave and I am English. I was born and raised in Lincoln, attending The Lincoln School of Science and Technology in only its second year of commission. I left with Nine GCSEs (I failed Music) one A Level and an Advanced GNVQ. I then went to Bradford University where I read Interdisciplinary Human Studies, a combinational course of all sorts of Social Sciences, from things like Philosophy, all the way through to Peace Studies. I was there for the 2001 Race Riots (Bradford is a dying industrial city with a vast Islamic Majority in the population) I was doing about Censorship and in the city for 9/11, and I was doing Strategic Studies when the United States invaded Iraq. I wrote my dissertation thesis into Professional Wrestling, Cinematic Horror and the Symbology of Violence. I aggree with the Nietzschean View of power discourse philosophy. After University I went to London and joined The Saint Paul's Cathedral Lay Community, and worked as a Virger in the Cathedral for a fixed contract of two years. I was in London and on duty as the Early Virger the day of the London Bombings. Sadly when I was looking for another job to remain in London after my contract expired I fell and shattered two fingers in my left hand, I couldnt work for months with K-Wires flapping in the breeze. I was forced to move up north to live with my parents in Harrogate. I began working in the produce department of a supermarket thats owned by Wal-Mart. In 2006 I got my own flat, and was doing some research into MMA, i'd become interested after seeing the ultimate submissions DVD, through Patrick Miletich I discovered MFS, of which Matt Hughes was a part at the time. I found his forum and singed up in March around UFC58. I was around for the Schism of 59, I was around for the invention of the Christian Section during the Summer, and during the fall of that year I became the Top poster after all those ahead of me ceased to post. I went to my first MMA event at UFC70, the same week I was hoisted to the ranks of Moderator. I looked after The Christian Section. I then went on my First States Tour in the fall of 2007. I resigned as Moderator for the Christian Section in November and then looked after The Ultimate Fighter section until becoming a Senior Mod a year later. By the time of the Server Switch I had 33 thousand Posts in just under three years.

I am now twenty-six years old, I have two sisters, both younger then me, and both my parents have just celebrated 30 years of Marrage. My Father is an ordained Minister who works in Secular Employment for the past 15 odd years. I only have one remaining Grandparent on my Mothers side. I like to think that I am genuine and Honnest, I work really hard and dont tollerate fools in the workplace very well. Some people say I'm a little to sensative, but I dont care. I write Freelance for MMAHitPit dot com, and once every two months get a free invitation to Liverpool to watch Cage Gladiators with Emile Coleman, who is the Co-Owner, and currently on Million Dollar Traders TV series. I met Emile when he noticed my videos of his event which I went to in the summer of 2008 (I also went to a cage rage event and saw Matt Hughes fight live in London at UFC85) I upload many videos onto youtube under the screen-name Pulvaris. Which is the Romanized name for Jens Pulver who is my most favourite fighter. I love him heaps, and speak to him and many other fighters over email and myspace in particular. I support three main institutions, firstly Miletich Fighting Systems, Secondly Hughes Intensive Training Squad, and thirdly a management group for fighters called Suckerpunch Entertainment.

I love discussion and I love this Forum. I am also a Christian, though not a very...erm...intelligent one I wouldnt say. I'm not nearly the Bible Scholar that some are or have been on this forum in the past. I also have issues with things like an Anxiety Disorder and Depression for which I've been on permanent medication for a few years now..and in my past i've led the lifestyle of a sexual devient I dont do that no more though

I'm known for my long posts...sooo I'll stop here, if there is anything else you wish to know, PM me...I'm friendly...unless your an arse...or your gonna piss on Pulver...because that will make irritate me. Fighters I dont care for include, Georges Saint Pierre, Baby Jay Penn, Matt Serra, and Renato Sobral.