Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Ooooh, it's run by conservatives so they MUST be liars and criminals.

It's the fact that it's run by conservatives that makes it trustworthy in my opinion. To me there is nothing more untrustworthy than a liberal.
Yeah, these guys are real trustworthy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/05/220.html

http://crooksandliars.com/dday/conse...l-they-didnt-m

Granted you could also pull up lists of liberal criminals. Crime doesn't escape any political affiliation.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:29 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Oh hell no!! I swear I will throw myself in front of it they will have to run me over!!!!
this i have to see....and what day and time were you thinking exactly ?
Old 09-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Yeah, these guys are real trustworthy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/05/220.html

http://crooksandliars.com/dday/conse...l-they-didnt-m

Granted you could also pull up lists of liberal criminals. Crime doesn't escape any political affiliation.
Well if all you read is brainwashed-liberal propaganda websites, then of course you'd believe that all conservatives are corrupt criminals.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
There is no such thing as separation of church and state. That is a myth that is no where in the constitution.
I agree 100%. There is nothing in the founding documents of this country to even mentions the phrase "separation of church and state." It was never the intention of our founders.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Well if all you read is brainwashed-liberal propaganda websites, then of course you'd believe that all conservatives are corrupt criminals.
Well if all you read are brainwashed-conservative propaganda websites, then of course you'd believe that all liberals are corrupt criminals.

Quote:
I agree 100%. There is nothing in the founding documents of this country to even mentions the phrase "separation of church and state." It was never the intention of our founders.
And you know this because........?

If you keep your church out of the states, then the states should keep out of your church.

If only our forefathers would have watched this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo
Old 09-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Well if all you read are brainwashed-conservative propaganda websites, then of course you'd believe that all liberals are corrupt criminals.

If you keep your church out of the states, then the states should keep out of your church.

If only our forefathers would have watched this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wV_REEdvxo
We know this Buzzard because the Founder debated for days on this and all those debates are transcribed. Also they wrote countless letters on the issue and we have many of them as well. And nowhere in the context of the 1st amendment is the phrase separation of church and state. The only place that exist is in a letter written by Jefferson to a preacher where he promises there will be no Church of America. So a cross memorial does not in any way establish a church of America. So it is not a violation of the 1st.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Nice try but I don't think I know of a single conservative propaganda website. If you know of any please send them my way, I'd like to check them out.

Quote:
Um, all you have to do is read the original founding documents of this country and tell me if the phrase "separation of church and state" appears in any of them. Have you read the Declaration of Independence? Have you read the Constitution? I have, it's not in there.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
We know this Buzzard because the Founder debated for days on this and all those debates are transcribed. Also they wrote countless letters on the issue and we have many of them as well. And nowhere in the context of the 1st amendment is the phrase separation of church and state. The only place that exist is in a letter written by Jefferson to a preacher where he promises there will be no Church of America. So a cross memorial does not in any way establish a church of America. So it is not a violation of the 1st.
I think the ACLU is wrong in this instance, but think if they do fight it they will win. My question was how NateR knows what was in the minds of the men long ago, not a question of there being the separation of church and state. Everyone here seems to have psychic powers but me.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 AM
Chris F

Quote:
I think the ACLU is wrong in this instance, but think if they do fight it they will win. My question was how NateR knows what was in the minds of the men long ago, not a question of there being the separation of church and state. Everyone here seems to have psychic powers but me.
Because those men wrote what they thought down and gave speeches in congress when they were developing the 1st amendment. Go to your local college library and log on to the national archives and read those transcripts. It is all in there.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:19 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Nice try but I don't think I know of a single conservative propaganda website. If you know of any please send them my way, I'd like to check them out.
WND, but you already read that one.

Quote:
Um, all you have to do is read the original founding documents of this country and tell me if the phrase "separation of church and state" appears in any of them. Have you read the Declaration of Independence? Have you read the Constitution? I have, it's not in there.
My question was not of the "separation of church and state" issue, it was questioning your psychic abilities to know what all of these men were thinking. I am familiar with the written words, but not the unwritten inner thoughts.