Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Stump Rules!

So, west coaster me just finished watching and everyone else has gone to bed

I actually liked it from the second it started and that hasnt happened since TUF 1 ( I missed season 2) I think it helps that I don't really care if Jackson or Evans wins, neither one is in my top 20....anyway, the fight was awesomely bloody but boring as hell. I did get a good laugh out of Rampage having his fit " there he goes again! He just keeps doing the same thing over and over!!"

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
County Mike

I definitely like Rampage a lot more than Rashad. However, Rampage doesn't seem to be a very good coach. Picked Kimbo first - duh! Bad matchup and his advice from the corner was pretty useless. "Get up". "You gotta do something."

I'm pretty sure Edwin "Baby Face" DeWees had the bloodiest fight on TUF ever. His head was pouring like a faucet and he actually won the fight.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I definitely like Rampage a lot more than Rashad. However, Rampage doesn't seem to be a very good coach. Picked Kimbo first - duh! Bad matchup and his advice from the corner was pretty useless. "Get up". "You gotta do something."

I'm pretty sure Edwin "Baby Face" DeWees had the bloodiest fight on TUF ever. His head was pouring like a faucet and he actually won the fight.
O man, I had forgotten about that fight!

To be honest, I think Rampage thinks in terms that are 2D. "O, you're bigger than him? You're gonna win!"

It's really impressive looking at how huge all his team members are, but if they all fight like Abe did, then he's in for an extremely frustrating season, & judging by the way he went after that door & then got in the contestant's face, it seems fair to say that this is going to be the case.

As much as I hate Rashad, I am stoked to see Greg Jackson on a TUF. What I'd really like to see eventually is to have a "Dellagrotti vs. Jackson" or "Laimon vs. Miletich" season - let the people who are actually known for their coaching of fighters be in charge. I mean, Forrest basically said all he was going to do in his season was be their training partner & let his assistants do the coaching. Rampage is a nice guy & hysterical to watch, but he doesn't seem to be that helpful for his guys. The best coaches have always been the ones that have experience actually being in charge of training back at their home gyms: Matt, Dan, Chuck, Randy, Tito, TUF 4 sarah, Nog, Pulver, etc.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:

Agreed.
I wasn't too keen on Dana's big announcement and it being Kimbo,hes such a freakin' hyprocrite..He put a huge target on Kimbo's head with the other fighters, unless that what he wanted. I almost laughed when Big Country actually thought he was the big announcement
Think Im gonna enjoy Wes Sims weirded out comments and should be refreshing..Plus I think the house drama should be at minimal with these guys seeing to be more mature than previous seasons.

* I will say I don't think Rampage is a good coach,and Rashad definately has the advantage of having Greg Jackson helping him out. If Rampage was smart he would of picked one of Rashades boys first just to piss of Rashad,but noones adimitting Rampage is smart.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, he needs to learn to SPRAWL SPRAWL SPRAWL!
And he needs to at least try..... Rampage was telling him to get up and all this ham-n-egger did was sit there....
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHLERZ5 View Post
And he needs to at least try..... Rampage was telling him to get up and all this ham-n-egger did was sit there....
Like you or someone else said he had no defensive answer to nullify the takedown. With Abe being so tall with those long legs, he should have used his knee when Madsen was coming in for the takedown; or else sprawl. It didn't look like Abe had a lot of experience just watching him even though his stats showed him having fought more than Madsen. Just my take on things.

Mazi stood them up like two-three times so it's not like he didn't have a chance to try something then. By then he should have known Madsen was going to keep going for the takedown. Rampage did...
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:

Rampage is a really bad coach from what i see, those quotes aren't quite as bad as "BREATHHHHHH, you gotta BREATTTTHHHH Joey
Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Maldonado136

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Rampage is a really bad coach from what i see, those quotes aren't quite as bad as "BREATHHHHHH, you gotta BREATTTTHHHH Joey
no matter how high pitched serras voice is he is by far a better coach than rampage. he gives good advice that you can actually apply and he really cares about his teammates.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:37 AM
logrus

Well I think Rampage kinda sucked for that fighter cause it was on the ground 99.9% of the time. An we all know Rampage is lost down there.

Besides what was there to coach, We all knew he was going to shoot to a GnP. That off wasn't prepared for that or anything else. I blame Dana for picking a huge list of retards every year.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

This past week I was more impressed by Abe's lack of skill & 'Page's lack of cornering than I was by Jon's technique or Rashad's cornering. Let's be 100% honest, Jon wasn't exactly the second coming of Brock Lesnar. Nice takedown & good control on the ground, but other than that I saw nothing. No attempted stand-up (so I suppose it might actually exist at a high level, but I'm guessing not), so attempts to pass the guard (guessing his jits ain't that good), & not even any shocking GnP. He landed 1-2 awesome elbows in the whole fight. Other than that he'd bear-hug him on the ground, then pop his head up, cock an arm back, pose for 10sec & then throw a punch into Abe's shoulder as though he was blind to the fact that his ribs were left wide open.

I really hope Jon was just trying to shake out the first-fight jitters & that we see more from him in the semis, or I don't expect to see him progress too far.