Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
ufcfan2

I'll be a rootin' for Brock,but wouldn't surprise or disappoint me if Carwin beats him via TKO.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
eric84

I don't care for Lesnar's antics, but he seems to be himself, while I think Carwin is trying to put out this "good guy" image just because he is going up against Lesnar, who most people dislike. I could be wrong, and if so, my apologies to Carwin, but that's what it seems like to me. I really want to see how strong Brock is compared to Carwin, is he really as strong as he looks? I know some people that are huge but aren't nearly as strong as it seems, so I'm looking for a more drawn out, wrestlign type of fight with some hits to bloody them up a bit type of fight.

Does anyone have a clip or any legit info on strength comparisons between the 2?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric84 View Post
I don't care for Lesnar's antics, but he seems to be himself, while I think Carwin is trying to put out this "good guy" image just because he is going up against Lesnar, who most people dislike. I could be wrong, and if so, my apologies to Carwin, but that's what it seems like to me. I really want to see how strong Brock is compared to Carwin, is he really as strong as he looks? I know some people that are huge but aren't nearly as strong as it seems, so I'm looking for a more drawn out, wrestlign type of fight with some hits to bloody them up a bit type of fight.

Does anyone have a clip or any legit info on strength comparisons between the 2?
I actually believe in Carwin's sincerity.... but like you... I have no idea so I could be wrong too. I like that fact that he's educated, well spoken and still works a full time job... Can you imagine a UFC title holder that still works a full time job?

Who was the last guy to do that?

Matt and the farm??

I'm taking Carwin all the way and am thrilled to not only beat Crow in our sig bet but to due it at Brock's expense!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Miss Foxy

WAR CARWIN!!!
I cannot stand that sh'muck Lesnar!! Thats on the real!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I actually believe in Carwin's sincerity.... but like you... I have no idea so I could be wrong too. I like that fact that he's educated, well spoken and still works a full time job... Can you imagine a UFC title holder that still works a full time job?

Matt and the farm??

I'm taking Carwin all the way and am thrilled to not only beat Crow in our sig bet but to due it at Brock's expense!!!!

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day Chuck!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:54 PM
eric84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Matt and the farm??

Yea, his working a full time job also is pretty cool, got to give that to him. Guess it comes down to if he is genuine or not, hopefully he is, if that was the case he would be a good image for the UFC. I'm really interested just to see if these two fighters are what they are made out to be. On one hand, Lesnar still hasn't fought alot, and while he demolished Mir, he relied mostly on his strength for that. Can he show us more when he goes against someone who should be similar in strength. And then Carwin is pretty new also, and hasn't fought anyone too up there, is the UFC just building him up to hype the fight?(more than normal I mean!). It's hard for me to say who would win on this fight, although I am going with Lesnar winning just because Mir's face looked so bad, but definitely a card I am going to watch.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Rev

I am torn, I like brock's fighting but not his antics. I like Carwin but I dont know anything about him. I just hope its a "Slobberknocker", yeah, thats right, I said that! WHAT!?!?!?!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:57 PM
billwilliams70

I think that Carwin could very well take this based on his experience. They match up pretty good size, style, and (presumably) strength....so I think the edge goes to Carwin.

But.....that's just me.

Later.