Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Wait.

London is one square mile?
What is all the other space that we would call "London"?
Well, if your talking about "Central London" it usually involves the City of Westminster, The City of London and the Docklands.

Greater London includes the Boroughs. See London is actually a mass of separate towns! SO Separate they STILL have their OWN Mayors. As the Towns Grew, they bassically fused to be one.

So the Independant London is just the City of London, the Square mile and Docklands.

The Rest is, and always was, under the City of Westminster.

Hope this map helps

Old 10-04-2009, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

London has technicaly been Independant for Hundreds of years....but let me clarify what I mean

When Refering to London, I mean the City of London, which is only one square mile in size, and is almost completely devoid of residential living. Its almost completely business.

Secondly...if London is Independant..who runs it?

Well..it used to be The Lord Mayor of London. He controlled the docklands you see, and without the Docklands, the City of Westminster, couldnt function. That means, if the Monarch wanted to be a success, she had to have the Lord Mayor of London on her side. Queen Elizabeth the First did this by Granting him Independance

LMAO She gave him the city.

Thing is, now they have split up the role of Lord Mayor, into two. The Mayor of London, who runs the council for London, but he works for the Westminster Government, who are answerable to the Monarch. And the Lord Mayor of London...who is now completely ceremonial and has no political duites at all.

So...most English people dont realize the City is actually Independant, technically. The Queen is only ever made to wait by one person. Its still the Ceremonial Lord Mayor. He makes her wait for His permission to pass by what was originally Temple Bar (Temple Bar has now been moved) which was the city boundary between London and Westminster.

She must wait for him there before she can enter...and she must ask permission from the Dean and Chapter of Saint Paul's if she wishes to have a service take place there.

That is why the shield of the city of London, is the Saint George Cross...with a little Pearl Sword in the upper corner of the Shield...that sword represents Freedom of the City from the Monarch.

That's very interesting, I didn't know any of that! I figured the Queen didn't answer to anyone. Well, maybe Prince Philip :-)

Let's just hope Kenny boy isn't back in 2012...
Old 10-04-2009, 04:40 AM

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 AM

Then there's my other favorite British politician...

NOT!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:42 AM

Oops, I double posted, sorry. I'm still trying to get familiar with posting images.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 AM

OK, I'm going to go slink off now...

Old 10-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
OK, I'm going to go slink off now...

Noob!

If you're going to double post a picture at least make it of a cute girl or something!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 PM

Old 10-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Crisco

Tony Blaire for PM AGAIN!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Tony Blaire for PM AGAIN!
Nope...He wants to be the European President.

There is this treaty, its called "The Lisbon Treaty" and it had to be aggreed by all members of the European Union in order to pass as legislation, it is to be honnest the first major step for a Proper European Parliament (there is one already but like the UN, its just a sounding board...so far) The Republic of Eire put it to a public referendum and the people voted no, forcing the Irish Government to say no.

That is where the Treaty should have died...but certian people just wont let it go...and so they have called for another Referendum...this time it appears the Irish people have either suddenly changed their minds...or...something for the Irish Government is now saying yes.

The Treaty calls for a European President...guess who wants that position Thankfully, President Obama doesnt like Blair much...so hopefully that will scupper this project...we have been moving towards a Federal Europe for about 30 years now...first it was the European Union, then it was the Euro...now they want a President...next thing you know..a Federal Government...and at that point...it'll be a complete disastor...some old powers will be swept away...and half of Europe doesnt get on with the other half...oh...and the French want an independant Meditarainian European Union with them in charge.... bloody nightmare.

England is already instituting a Supreme Court independant of the Government...which naturally the Government dont like...but worse...its going to be able to supercede The Queen...now thats just wrong...she...not some Wig, is supposed to be in ultimate charge. The European Court of Appeals already supercedes England in a kinda Federal type Court system...its getting out of hand this...and I dont like it. :'(