Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
It's a bunch of crap. GSP is going to kick BJ's ass again. BJ should fight KenFlo so he can say KenFlo is greasy (in case anybody forgot or didn't remember, Huerta said KenFlo felt greasy).

Alves should get his shot at GSP. Perhaps there can be a condition with this fight - GSP can wear Vaseline if Alves fails to make weight or uses diuretics to make weight.
I believe it was Kenny that said the Mexican was err I mean felt greasy ...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
Let's do it, A lot of people have been on GSP lately. Even here on this forum, he manned up and called for a re-match. BJ accepted it, let's do it.

What's the problem here guys? There will be no contreviosry this time around, and we will definitely know if GSP will be at the top of the heat in this division.

Let's get some closure to this never ending topic.

But yiour assuming that GSP isn't at the top of the heap now... He is.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I believe it was Kenny that said the Mexican was err I mean felt greasy ...
Oh yes, my bad!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
TDPARKASH

I am not saying he's not, but this will prove without a doubt that he is. No excuses, no complaints etc.

If BJ can win, it will make this story even more interesting. I know BJ can put on a better performance, and this will make him hungry too.

Trust me, you will see a much different BJ next time around. He know knows GSP's strategy and hopefully will be much quicker in his transitions this time around.

I guarantee you people will want to see this fight. For the people that feel GSP greased, I don't think GSP would mind a re-match. Matt H, Serra, Sean.

As an MMA fan, I would love to see those fights happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
But yiour assuming that GSP isn't at the top of the heap now... He is.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDPARKASH
If BJ can win, it will make this story even more interesting. I know BJ can put on a better performance, and this will make him hungry too.
Not really. BJ's hungry when he's fighting at lightweight. That's why he likes to fight at WW, so he can eat more and train less hard.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Not really. BJ's hungry when he's fighting at lightweight. That's why he likes to fight at WW, so he can eat more and train less hard.
that pretty much sums it up,,
Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
que

well GSP is the one who challanged him first.

either way it's stupid. but you can't blame him for not backing down from GSP's challenge

it's time to move on, though
Old 02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Administrator

I think Dana should make them defend the title one more time each in their respective weight divisions. Then, after they successfully defend their belts, they can fight again.

It's just not fair to the other guys in their divisions to have to wait for this little grudge match to resolve itself.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
well GSP is the one who challanged him first.

either way it's stupid. but you can't blame him for not backing down from GSP's challenge

it's time to move on, though

The original "challange" GSP at question was semi-sarcastic at best. GSP also said that he'd wear a rashguard for it.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

GSP and Penn can talk smack all they want...its up to Dana to actually confirm it...I think he'd be most dissapointed by the performance this week, not because Penn lost, not because GSP got accused of cheating...but because Penn didnt really put up much of a fight.

The whole idea is vastly UNFAIR to GSP who has all to lose, whereas Penn has nothing to lose if he fails except shame, which he can hide with the appropriate excuse. GSP is missing the point if he thinks this would all go away with a third win over Penn...people are going to be questioning and talking about all his past matches for the rest of his entire career I expect.

The damage is already done.