Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
atomdanger

Default Frank Trigg interview

http://mmamania.com/2009/09/12/ufc-1...josh-koscheck/

He actually doesn't sound like too much of an ass in this interview.
I don't know about him beating KOS though,
his last 3 wins are decision wins over somewhat sub par guys,
I think his last win the guy had 6 fights?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:34 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
http://mmamania.com/2009/09/12/ufc-1...josh-koscheck/

He actually doesn't sound like too much of an ass in this interview.
I don't know about him beating KOS though,
his last 3 wins are decision wins over somewhat sub par guys,
I think his last win the guy had 6 fights?
I'm not a fan of Trigg but I'll give him props... he sounded ok in that interview... nothing too outlandish...
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM
David_Banner

Its really hard not to like him right now but his contempt for Hughes is still really weird to me. Its a strange contrast to these interviews.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner View Post
Its really hard not to like him right now but his contempt for Hughes is still really weird to me. Its a strange contrast to these interviews.
I'm actually a little surprised that he's managed to mention Matt in a coupla interviews so far with out going rabid. In one they asked if e was shocked they were throwing him to the wolves right off the bat & he just said "They've always put me against the best. I faced Matt Hughes first thing the last 2 times they brought me in." And that was it. No trash, no insults, just that. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Hughes fanboy

Matt: say NO to Dana White WHEN he asks you to fight Trigg again, please.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-13-2009, 07:10 PM
atomdanger

Quote:

You know, I never really had a problem with Frank Trigg until I saw an interview with him talking about Matt.
Even when he was talking about Matt I didn't care much, fighters dislike eachother you know? They talk crap... it happens.
But then he was commenting on Matt's wife, etc... over the line.

Sorry, if you run your mouth about me, I can laugh.
Talk about my wife? (Im not married, but still lol) and its over the line IMO
Old 09-16-2009, 04:21 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I'm actually a little surprised that he's managed to mention Matt in a coupla interviews so far with out going rabid. In one they asked if e was shocked they were throwing him to the wolves right off the bat & he just said "They've always put me against the best. I faced Matt Hughes first thing the last 2 times they brought me in." And that was it. No trash, no insults, just that. I was pleasantly surprised.

Me too, he seems to be showing a little humility this time. That said, we'll see what happens if he gets a win or two under his belt. He knows the UFC could and would dump him after one fight if he turns back into Rick Flare haha
Old 09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
You know, I never really had a problem with Frank Trigg until I saw an interview with him talking about Matt.
Even when he was talking about Matt I didn't care much, fighters dislike eachother you know? They talk crap... it happens.
But then he was commenting on Matt's wife, etc... over the line.

Sorry, if you run your mouth about me, I can laugh.
Talk about my wife? (Im not married, but still lol) and its over the line IMO
I couldnt agree more. There is knowone or nothing on this planet I am more protective of then my wife, daughter and mother. I believe in forgiveness but holy crap did Frank cross the line with that. Nomader how nice and humble Frank appears right now, him talking about Matts wife shows a deep character flaw within him that is almost unforgivable,imo.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:17 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
I couldnt agree more. There is knowone or nothing on this planet I am more protective of then my wife, daughter and mother. I believe in forgiveness but holy crap did Frank cross the line with that. Nomader how nice and humble Frank appears right now, him talking about Matts wife shows a deep character flaw within him that is almost unforgivable,imo.

Yeah, I'm not married, but most likely if a fighter mentioned my son or something because he and I had a problem, I would attack him whenever I saw him, press conference, weigh ins, etc...

I think Frank's comments on Matt's wife showed his true character,
and Matt's comments show his. I haven't heard Matt attack Frank's family in any way.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:10 AM
Maldonado136

i dont know whether i should pick koscheck to win by UD, rear naked choke, or knockout. theyre all very likely possibilities!