Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-12-2009, 06:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default LIL NOG IN THE UFC!!!!!

How has no one posted about this yet????

Quote:
It appears that Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, the brother of former Pride and UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, will make his Octagon debut at UFC 106 against Luis Cane. A report by Loretta Hunt of Sherdog.com citing sources close to the negotiations said the bout has been verbally agreed to. MMAWeekly.com sources confirmed the report.

Nogueira (17-3) has been on a five-fight winning streak that began following a loss to Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou at Pride 33 in early 2007. He has kept busy traveling across the globe fighting in Japan, the United States, and Canada since the closure of Pride.

Cane (10-1) has quickly risen to contention in the UFC light heavyweight division defeating Sokoudjou, Steve Cantwell, and Jason Lambert. His only stumble since entering the Octagon was a disqualification loss to James Irvin at UFC 79 due to an illegal knee to the head while Irvin was down.

UFC 106 is scheduled to take place on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vegas. UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is expected to defend his title against Shane Carwin in the main event and Tito Ortiz returns to the Octagon to face Mark Coleman.
Man, this is shaping up to be one heck of a card!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Jason 16

I pick nog the only thing he cant do is kick all that well
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Josh

Lil Nog is the Dragon slayer. Mark my words Machida's days at the top are numbered.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:45 PM

for those who arnt too familiar with lil nog id say in comparision to his brother is a better boxer on the feet with more ko power at lhw then big nog has at hw.... But hes prob not as good on the ground, still a high level black belt though..
Old 09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Lil Nog is the Dragon slayer. Mark my words Machida's days at the top are numbered.
I think they train together with Black House, but I could be wrong. That camp is stacked - the Nogs, Anderson Silva, and Machida. It would be a sweet fight, but I don't know if they'd agree to it.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh View Post
I think they train together with Black House, but I could be wrong. That camp is stacked - the Nogs, Anderson Silva, and Machida. It would be a sweet fight, but I don't know if they'd agree to it.
Ill check quickly
...... they have AS in Team nog on sherdog not black house ?wtf?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh View Post
dos santos too
Old 09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Josh

Yeah I believe they do train together but Dana has been saying guys are going to have to fight people from their own gym and I am sure Lil Nog came to the UFC with the expectation of a title run. I am sure he knows that he may have to face Machida at some point.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
Ill check quickly
...... they have AS in Team nog on sherdog not black house ?wtf?
I guess cuz AS got in BB from Nog.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
atomdanger

Yeah... this is a tough tough LHW

Tags
brock lesnar, lil nog, mark coleman, shance carwin, tito ortiz