Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well firstly, there is a gym somewhere in the US, and MMA gym that was in the news at one time for being supremacist.

...as for homosexuals...I think more are likely to compete then watch to be honnest. There is large scale erotic fetishes surrounding wrestling certainly...havent come across anything like that with MMA...yet...but there are certainly a few homosexual fighters, that I think ive noticed...at the top of the pile is Frank Trigg...now he's a gay if ever i've seen one

There is more to the gay community then the effeminate camps you know

But the guy is just being rude because MMA has become the new Boxing of the combat sport world if that makes sense
i forgot about frank trigg. he is definitely gay, i ran across some pictures of him i wish could be unseen. but you are right, there may be some erotic thing going on in the wrestling community especially, i haven't seen anything firsthand but you know more fighters than i do.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16 View Post
thats why gay people scare me
the thing is, they all compete...so you'll never know who they are

I bet Frank Trigg is one
Old 09-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
i forgot about frank trigg. he is definitely gay, i ran across some pictures of him i wish could be unseen. but you are right, there may be some erotic thing going on in the wrestling community especially, i haven't seen anything firsthand but you know more fighters than i do.
well I havent seen it in MMA explicitly yet. I HAVE seen it in Wrestling, particularly submission wrestling, not so much Greco-Roman. Thats just a fact. Now some of the MMA fighters with Wrestling backgrounds might have encountered it prior to becoming MMA fighters.

As for Homosexuals in MMA, yes I think there are many, but I dont think its been fetishized like Wrestling. Wrestling is power play at the end of the day, its dominance and submission...MMA is power discourse, but knocking someone out is not the same as making them submit, even if it does show dominance. does that make sense? you cant help being knocked out...but you can help submitting.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
cubsfan47

Meh. I am older (62+) and I follow MMA. Regardless of one's physical age, it's all a question of your state of mind.

As I see MMA, it is exciting. It's certainly diverse: asians, hispanics, caucasian, african. There is a growing contingent of women in MMA,

As for Trigg and his preferences, or any one else's, I don't care. Let them do their talking with fists, knees, and elbows. That's all I care about.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
the thing is, they all compete...so you'll never know who they are

I bet Frank Trigg is one
He's not alone.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0#
(those with weak stomachs should avoid 2:26-3:00 )
Old 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47 View Post
Meh. I am older (62+) and I follow MMA. Regardless of one's physical age, it's all a question of your state of mind.

As I see MMA, it is exciting. It's certainly diverse: asians, hispanics, caucasian, african. There is a growing contingent of women in MMA,

As for Trigg and his preferences, or any one else's, I don't care. Let them do their talking with fists, knees, and elbows. That's all I care about.
you raise a good point. There is a secondary catchment age as well as the obvious 15-35 age range...strangely its around 65-80. I know SEVERAL elderly Women who will watch the UFC when given a chance...they grew up watching Professional Wrestling...and just like me are capable of making the switch...violence doesnt seem to bother them at all
Old 09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
He's not alone.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0#
(those with weak stomachs should avoid 2:26-3:00 )
Well yes, bodybuilding can be a big fad...but its not as popular as it used to be...bit like baroni
Old 09-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Well yes, bodybuilding can be a big fad...but its not as popular as it used to be...bit like baroni
Whenever my buddies start blathering on too much about weight-lifting & their latest work-outs & the next great plan they'll be starting & whether it's better to bench 4 at 285 or 6 at 265, I just say "Man, y'all should like, make a video about your lives. I bet it'd turn out like this one..."

They then shut up about the gym in front of me for about a week or so!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Whenever my buddies start blathering on too much about weight-lifting & their latest work-outs & the next great plan they'll be starting & whether it's better to bench 4 at 285 or 6 at 265, I just say "Man, y'all should like, make a video about your lives. I bet it'd turn out like this one..."

They then shut up about the gym in front of me for about a week or so!
thats so mean...but very funny!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
thats so mean...but very funny!
Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!