Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 PM
atomdanger

Default "Mma is for skinheads and homosexuals" - Bob Arum

Quote:
http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-vs-box...nd-homosexuals

What's the best way to get an ancient boxing promoter to go off on a hilariously offensive rant about MMA? Send a young whippersnapper like Ariel Helwani to a press conference with a microphone and a shirt without a tie, then have him just mention the UFC and watch the bull**** fly.
LMAO wtf????
Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
ufcfan2

/shrug that his opinion and maybe hes right on some of it,but went about it all wrong..
I'll agree for now that boxing is more diverse than MMA,but that will change more sooner than later. Besides boxings been around alot longer than MMA so they've had a huge start on internationalizing boxing and will say a great job at it.
I also will say hes right about 'his generation' not understanding MMA so maybe one reason he don't like it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
bradwright

boxing has been on a bit of a slide for a while now and a lot of what he had to say i think may be born of the resentment that he seems to have towards MMAs sudden prominence in the fight game.

oh well...
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

If I weren't such a fan of Pacqiuao, I'd avoid his events, but there's no way I'm missing Pac-Cotto - fight of the year candidate!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Chuck

That's a pretty common attitude from that generation.... it's hard to grasp things you don't understand...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:37 PM
que

it would have made sense if he said something like "mma is for idiots"

but to say "mma is for skinheads and homosexuals" doesn't even make sense.

i bet the demographic of homosexual MMA fans is 2% if even that. gay people tend to not like brutal violent sports. hell, most of the gay coworkers i have known won't even watch football because they say it is too brutal, and they will not watch MMA at all. the only homosexual person i have ever known who likes it is dave. gay people like to watch things like the ellen degeneres show and sex and the city... more feminine stuff... not UFC.

when he says skinheads does he mean real skinheads (nazi thug wannabes) or just people with shaved heads? i'm assuming he means nazi wannabe's and that is dumb. i bet they make up about 2% as well. most MMA fans are regular people.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2 View Post
/shrug that his opinion and maybe hes right on some of it,but went about it all wrong..
I'll agree for now that boxing is more diverse than MMA,but that will change more sooner than later. Besides boxings been around alot longer than MMA so they've had a huge start on internationalizing boxing and will say a great job at it.
I also will say hes right about 'his generation' not understanding MMA so maybe one reason he don't like it.
how is boxing more diverse than MMA????

Boxing is .. boxing.. MMA is Boxing, wrestling, Jitz, karate, and whatever you want to throw in..

Now if you mean more diverse in who watches... that's getting deeper every day..
Old 09-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
it would have made sense if he said something like "mma is for idiots"

but to say "mma is for skinheads and homosexuals" doesn't even make sense.

i bet the demographic of homosexual MMA fans is 2% if even that. gay people tend to not like brutal violent sports. hell, most of the gay coworkers i have known won't even watch football because they say it is too brutal, and they will not watch MMA at all. the only homosexual person i have ever known who likes it is dave. gay people like to watch things like the ellen degeneres show and sex and the city... more feminine stuff... not UFC.

when he says skinheads does he mean real skinheads (nazi thug wannabes) or just people with shaved heads? i'm assuming he means nazi wannabe's and that is dumb. i bet they make up about 2% as well. most MMA fans are regular people.
Well firstly, there is a gym somewhere in the US, and MMA gym that was in the news at one time for being supremacist.

...as for homosexuals...I think more are likely to compete then watch to be honnest. There is large scale erotic fetishes surrounding wrestling certainly...havent come across anything like that with MMA...yet...but there are certainly a few homosexual fighters, that I think ive noticed...at the top of the pile is Frank Trigg...now he's a gay if ever i've seen one

There is more to the gay community then the effeminate camps you know

But the guy is just being rude because MMA has become the new Boxing of the combat sport world if that makes sense
Old 09-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
There is large scale erotic fetishes surrounding wrestling certainly
thats why gay people scare me
Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Stump Rules!

Well that was a good laugh...what did you homos think? And 90% of the UFC audience has tattoos...ok so I believe that part

He's just an old man, confused and grasping at straws for the love of a sport that not so many people care about anymore these days.Oh well

http://stumpdotcom.com/