Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 09-11-2009, 01:46 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default New School Prayer

Written by a 15 yr.. old School Kid in Ohio :
New Pledge of Allegiance (TOTALLY AWESOME!)
Since the Pledge of Allegiance & The Lords Prayer
Are not allowed in Schools anymore
Because the word 'God' is mentioned...
A Kid in Ohio wrote the attached..

NEW School prayer :

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise..
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks..
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible..
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen
Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Stump Rules!

Poor kid

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Crisco

If it truly was written by a15 yr old school kid then I'm truly happy to see that faith is still in some of them.

It's just a shame the system goes out of their way to beat God out of these kids.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
If it truly was written by a15 yr old school kid then I'm truly happy to see that faith is still in some of them.

It's just a shame the system goes out of their way to beat God out of these kids.
i would be surprised if it was written by a 15 year old without any help at all,

and as far as the system beating God out of kids go's...that might be a bit of a stretch..
i actually agree with people that think worshiping God in school is wrong,
the kids are there to learn to read and write...there are plenty of other places to worship.
besides I'm not so sure forcing everyone to pray in school is such a great idea if you are really serious about helping kids find God.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Pretty good prayer and a lot of truth in there. I have no trouble at all believing that a 15-year-old wrote that.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
besides I'm not so sure forcing everyone to pray in school is such a great idea if you are really serious about helping kids find God.
Where in the world did you get that idea? You are really off your game today. Allowing and forcing are very different.

We had a moment of silence every morning in school. You didn't have to pray but you could. You could think/pray/whatever you wanted as long as you were quiet. Making a noise or talking got an automatic trip to the office. I think that is a great idea. It not only helps get your day started off exercising a little self control but also with showing tolerance to your fellow man. If you didn't want to pray then that was fine but you had better not infringe on anyone else's right to. As a side benefit you felt that no matter what you believed in the school would back you up on it.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
i would be surprised if it was written by a 15 year old without any help at all,

and as far as the system beating God out of kids go's...that might be a bit of a stretch..
i actually agree with people that think worshiping God in school is wrong,
the kids are there to learn to read and write...there are plenty of other places to worship.
Back in the days I don't think anyone was "forced" to pray in American schools. And I also don't believe anyone would be "forced" to now. The point is that there is a hostility toward God and morality which stems forth from God in the public education system. I wonder if there ever did exist a corralation between school prayer and deliquent behaviours of teenagers?

hmmmm.....probably notsomuch.

Yet, take school prayer away and what now? Kids are more and more devious by the day...well,

heh

see...

society WILL pay for that. Hence...take a look at kids today.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Back in the days I don't think anyone was "forced" to pray in American schools. And I also don't believe anyone would be "forced" to now. The point is that there is a hostility toward God and morality which stems forth from God in the public education system. I wonder if there ever did exist a corralation between school prayer and deliquent behaviours of teenagers?

hmmmm.....probably notsomuch.

Yet, take school prayer away and what now? Kids are more and more devious by the day...well,

heh

see...

society WILL pay for that. Hence...take a look at kids today.
i think the way kids are today has a lot more to do with the fact that in most families both parents have to work and let someone else raise their kids and not so much with the fact they cant pray in school.
a generation ago this wasn't the case for the most part.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Where in the world did you get that idea? You are really off your game today. Allowing and forcing are very different.

We had a moment of silence every morning in school. You didn't have to pray but you could. You could think/pray/whatever you wanted as long as you were quiet. Making a noise or talking got an automatic trip to the office. I think that is a great idea. It not only helps get your day started off exercising a little self control but also with showing tolerance to your fellow man. If you didn't want to pray then that was fine but you had better not infringe on anyone else's right to. As a side benefit you felt that no matter what you believed in the school would back you up on it.
i agree with a moment of silence, but out right Christian prayer, i don't know .. it is a public school, therefore shouldn't have one religion's prayer ... but the pledge of allegiance?? that is ridiculous .. we had the national anthem played everyday, no matter what type of school it was ... if the anthem or POA offends you, you are in the wrong place
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
well maybe you weren't forced in US schools to pray but in Canada we were when i went to school and it did more harm then good for some of the kids because they didn't like to have it forced upon them.