Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Farm Progress Show

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Well, sorry for the late blog, again, I've just had so much going on the last few weeks. Last week, I was at the Farm Progress Show in Decatur, Illinois, signing autographs for GSI all three days. I did get to walk around a bit and see some of the new advancements in farming technology. A lot of very interesting stuff to see. Here're some pictures from the GSI booth:

Here I am getting geared up for the immersion tank, in which they sunk me into a bin full of grain (it was actually beads of plastic meant to simulate grain) which is intended to demonstrate how to rescue someone who has been trapped inside a grain bin. Something that actually happened to Mark and I as kids, as those of you who have read my book would know:

Also, September 1st was the opening of dove season so I headed back out to my buddy Mac's house to hunt some doves. Just like last year, I had a great time and I killed out in less than half an hour:

It was great to hang out with all my friends from Shelbyville again, like my buddy Mac here:

Here Mac's brother, Mike, poses with his wife in what I like to call the "redneck family portrait." I had to censor it a bit because it reveals a little too much for the front page, but I think you can get the general idea of what's going on here. I'm only posting this because I promised not to reveal the identity of the guy in the background:

Now it's time to clean it up a bit, so here is the Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4)
-matt
Old 09-11-2009, 03:46 AM

well matt, tell whoever signs your endorsement checks that I used to be a sioux steel bin buyer til you endorsed GSI, now my next bin is gonna have a different logo on it....

now when is the farm progress show coming back to iowa????
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Stump Rules!

Mac

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM
Chuck

Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I can't believe he did that!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Here I am getting geared up for the immersion tank, in which they sunk me into a bin full of grain (it was actually beads of plastic meant to simulate grain) which is intended to demonstrate how to rescue someone who has been trapped inside a grain bin. Something that actually happened to Mark and I as kids, as those of you who have read my book would know:
I can't believe that you agreed to that! How was it? Did you feel like you were suffocating? Did you panic and scream like a girl? What if they hadn't gotten you out in time?

I don't see how anyone that has actually been in a bin full of grain would agree to that! No way I would have done that.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I can't believe that you agreed to that! How was it? Did you feel like you were suffocating? Did you panic and scream like a girl? What if they hadn't gotten you out in time?

I don't see how anyone that has actually been in a bin full of grain would agree to that! No way I would have done that.
They only sunk him in up to his chest on the first day and he was able to pull himself out (which isn't supposed to be possible). So the next day, at Matt's request, they sunk him in up to his neck.

I got the first day on video, but I wasn't in a great spot, so you can't always see what was going on.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
They only sunk him in up to his chest on the first day and he was able to pull himself out (which isn't supposed to be possible). So the next day, at Matt's request, they sunk him in up to his neck.

I got the first day on video, but I wasn't in a great spot, so you can't always see what was going on.
Well, that makes me feel a little better. That would have been some crazy stuff right there. I was ready to see if he needed a manager to go on Fear Factor (man, I miss that show. lol)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 AM
SupaDupaMod

Awesome pic.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

Awesome pic.
All I see are dead sunflower stalks??
Boomer is fricking HOT!!!!!