Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Maldonado136

i think lesnar will take this one. people say shane is big but brock is bigger. they say hes strong but brock is stronger. as far as speed goes brock is a hell of a lot faster than shane so that aspect of the fight isnt even close. it is possible that shane could rock brock seeing as he put gonzaga to sleep with a punch that was all arm and no hip but i just dont see that happening this time.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I really like Shane and I think he's got a great shot at beating Brock. I think this will be Brock's biggest test yet and I don't think he's going to pass it..
Keep on dreaming Chuck!!!

Sig bet??
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post

Sig bet??
Chuck just wants Brock to lose sooo bad that reality has slipped him
Old 09-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post

Sig bet??
Sure... why not?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sure... why not?
sucker
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
KevinD

I don't have a source for this but I thought I read somewhere that Brock used to workout with Brett Rogers at the same gym. I believe that they sparred and Rogers got the better of Brock, knocking him down and hurting him. This was what led to them no longer training at the same gym.
Not sure if that is correct but if it is, it may be what we see if Carwin can land on Brock.

I will be rooting for brock in this one, although I like Carwin as well. I think Mir tested Brock's chin with those consecutive knees and a couple of hooks to the head. It appeared brock was a little stunned but he shook that off rather quickly. I believe Brock's speed and size will be the difference in this fight.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

The person asking the questions sounded like a Brock hater!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Carwin FTW!!! Brock won't have the same strength advantage against Carwin as he did with Mir. That is going to be a huge difference when Brock can't just hold Carwin down and do as he pleases with him.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 AM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I don't have a source for this but I thought I read somewhere that Brock used to workout with Brett Rogers at the same gym. I believe that they sparred and Rogers got the better of Brock, knocking him down and hurting him. This was what led to them no longer training at the same gym.
Not sure if that is correct but if it is, it may be what we see if Carwin can land on Brock.

I will be rooting for brock in this one, although I like Carwin as well. I think Mir tested Brock's chin with those consecutive knees and a couple of hooks to the head. It appeared brock was a little stunned but he shook that off rather quickly. I believe Brock's speed and size will be the difference in this fight.
I watched the shots he took from Mir and none were nice and clean like the one`s Carwin took from GG(lets face it Mir is no GG when it comes to stand up)......so the jury is still outs as to the stability of Lesnars chin.

.....another aspect, is that I think Carwin is just as fast and strong as Brock with less emotional demons.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:54 AM
KevinD

perhaps you are right all knowing one