Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 AM
atomdanger

Default Minotauro "If Frank Mir thinks I was making excuses then lets do it again"

Quote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/16089/mino...o-it-again.mma

"Rodrigo just got off the phone with me, and we were talking about it," Soares said. "Rodrigo's been watching a lot of these interviews with Mir saying that Nogueira is just making excuses, and what Nogueira feels is he's not making excuses. If he was making excuses, he would have been saying that immediately after the fight with Mir.
Woot woot, I hope they put this together.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:34 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Old 09-05-2009, 05:58 AM
que

i hate to bash on a guy who was in a motorcycle accident... but didn't frank mir make excuses for his motorcycle injury for... forever? it wasn't until the first lesnar fight that he actually stopped making excuses, and that was years later after it happened. lol

i know nog's injuries weren't as severe as a motorcycle accident, but there is nothing wrong with saying you had legit injuries in your last fight. it's not like he is making it up... he truly was injured and that would have an effect on any fighter's performance. nog could have easily said he had injuries around the time of the fight but he didn't even come out with the information until months later, btw.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:36 AM

Im not gonna go and guarentee that nog dominates mir or guarentee he even wins....... But Mir must be kidding himself if he thinks the fight will go just like last time!!!! If i was a betting man id take nog when mir gasses out in the the third round to win by tko after a competitive bout!!!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 PM
David_Banner

I would love to see Frank get crushed by Nog. Frank is such a freakin jerk, its like the more success he has, the more he starts running his mouth like Tim Sylvia.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:00 PM

I still think Mir would take the fight for a win again.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i hate to bash on a guy who was in a motorcycle accident... but didn't frank mir make excuses for his motorcycle injury for... forever? it wasn't until the first lesnar fight that he actually stopped making excuses, and that was years later after it happened. lol

i know nog's injuries weren't as severe as a motorcycle accident, but there is nothing wrong with saying you had legit injuries in your last fight. it's not like he is making it up... he truly was injured and that would have an effect on any fighter's performance. nog could have easily said he had injuries around the time of the fight but he didn't even come out with the information until months later, btw.
yea allso nog got out of the hospital 20 day ( which he was in for a week)before his fight and his knee wasnt even close to being healed
Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Maldonado136

im sure nog is telling the truth but im still not convinced that a second fight would be completely different. so many flip floppers are now acting like nog would destroy mir even though they were just saying that hes done (no one here im just saying in general).
Old 09-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136 View Post
im sure nog is telling the truth but im still not convinced that a second fight would be completely different. so many flip floppers are now acting like nog would destroy mir even though they were just saying that hes done (no one here im just saying in general).
Count me a flip flopper brother!!!

After Mir I was pretty sure Nog needed to hang 'em up... but after that last fight? Wow!!! He looked like a totally different fighter to me.

But I'm more of a Croc guy (love ya Dawn!!) then a flip flop
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Jason 16

ok so mir gets destroyed by lesner randy does fairly good with lesner Nog kicked the crap out of randy ........ I think nog can take mir