Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

A doctor struck up a conversation with a hard-working 75 year old rancher while suturing a mean cut on the old man's leathery hand. Eventually the topic got around to Obama. The old rancher said, "Well, you know, Obama is a 'post turtle.'" Unfamiliar with the term, the doctor asked him what he meant. The old rancher replied, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle.'"The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued: "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of complete moron put him up there to begin with
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
A doctor struck up a conversation with a hard-working 75 year old rancher while suturing a mean cut on the old man's leathery hand. Eventually the topic got around to Obama. The old rancher said, "Well, you know, Obama is a 'post turtle.'" Unfamiliar with the term, the doctor asked him what he meant. The old rancher replied, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle.'"The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued: "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of complete moron put him up there to begin with
Nice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 AM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

POST%20TURTLE.jpgpost turtle
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:56 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
A doctor struck up a conversation with a hard-working 75 year old rancher while suturing a mean cut on the old man's leathery hand. Eventually the topic got around to Obama. The old rancher said, "Well, you know, Obama is a 'post turtle.'" Unfamiliar with the term, the doctor asked him what he meant. The old rancher replied, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle.'"The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued: "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, and he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of complete moron put him up there to begin with
Haha, now that's funny!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:09 AM
que
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

getting mad over this is so stupid. if bush had asked school children to write a letter telling him how he can improve then no one here would have a problem with that. in fact you would be saying that's a cool thing to do.

what is so bad about school children giving advice to help the president?

you all say he needs help, how he is doing so bad, well... here he is asking for people to give their help and opinions in a productive manner... and all you do is whine and moan. so insane and nonsensical that all i can do is laugh it off.


anyways i don't like how when bush was president one of the rules of this forum was that disrespect towards the president would not be tolerated. yet now that obama is president i see so much blatant and overwhelming disrespect that the level of hypocrisy is upsetting to me

Last edited by que; 09-10-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:14 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
getting mad over this is so stupid. if bush had asked school children to write a letter telling him how he can improve then no one here would have a problem with that. in fact you would be saying that's a cool thing to do.

what is so bad about school children giving advice to help the president?

you all say he needs help, how he is doing so bad, well... here he is asking for people to give their help and opinions in a productive manner... and all you do is whine and moan. so insane and nonsensical that all i can do is laugh it off.
Do you really believe that the President is seeking serious advice on how to run the country from kindergartners and grade school children?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:23 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Do you really believe that the President is seeking serious advice on how to run the country from kindergartners and grade school children?

And defending him for it, too!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Do you really believe that the President is seeking serious advice on how to run the country from kindergartners and grade school children?
I don't know Nate... it sure as hell looks like he's taking advice from grade school children!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.