Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
You can't even seem to get anyone fired up anymore. It happens to the best of us. lol

I won't go down without a fight though, unless it continues to go as you said.

What do I need to do to get my touch back? ..evil grin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

Seriously, it's two completely different visions for the future of America and two completely different value systems. I never claimed to have agreed with everything George W. Bush did, but I supported him for the most part. He wasn't our greatest President, not by a long shot, but I wholeheartedly believe that he was only looking out for the best interests of America.

I think he was also looking out for his wallet.

I haven't agreed with a single decision Obama has made yet and I think he's deliberately steering this country away from the original intent of the Founding Fathers, so why should I pretend to support him?

Doesn't someone have a sig on here showing you in agreement with Obama on some issue? I do remember seeing it.
It's late and I need to get some normal sleep in. I feel like a zombie because my sleep patterns are so out of wack. Have a good night and have a safe Labor Day weekend.

Last edited by Buzzard; 09-05-2009 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Added to reply.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Keep in mind, I'm NOT AN OBAMA SUPPORTER!!

Anyways, I sell library books so I decided to go ahead and watch the speech while I was at a school. It was a very good motivational speech. Wasn't really anything different than all of us have heard, but like it or not, Obama is a very influential person, and hopefully it touched all the students watching and will motivate them to stay out of trouble and strive to set, achieve, and exceed their goals.

Good stuff Mr. Obama.

For those who missed it, it's not terribly long, about 15-20 minutes and is worth the watch no matter what side you're on:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/A-Mes...icas-Students/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Doesn't someone have a sig on here showing you in agreement with Obama on some issue? I do remember seeing it.
That's logrus and it's a comment I made about the whole fly-killing incident. I agreed with Obama that killing a fly is not a big deal. Seriously, it was a fly and that's just what you do with flies. You kill them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 AM
ME4440
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I love it, this thread is like reading my county newspaper...all 5 pages of it, Obama is tryin to speek to children cause he isnt smart enough to speak to adults, although he did fool enough to become president. What this world needs is a few more rednecks!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:13 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I haven't agreed with a single decision Obama has made yet and I think he's deliberately steering this country away from the original intent of the Founding Fathers, so why should I pretend to support him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's logrus and it's a comment I made about the whole fly-killing incident. I agreed with Obama that killing a fly is not a big deal. Seriously, it was a fly and that's just what you do with flies. You kill them.
Nate just contradicted himself and I have the smoking gun!!

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
Nate just contradicted himself and I have the smoking gun!!

Not really, one is a matter of policy and the other is just a matter of common sense. I disagree with just about every single one of Obama's policies. However, he's still a human being and I think the fact that animal rights groups made such a big deal out of him killing the fly is just proof that all of those people are crazy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME4440 View Post
although he did fool enough to become president.
That pretty much sums up how this man got elected.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Not really, one is a matter of policy and the other is just a matter of common sense. I disagree with just about every single one of Obama's policies. However, he's still a human being and I think the fact that animal rights groups made such a big deal out of him killing the fly is just proof that all of those people are crazy.
I didn't know there were any rules.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
ME4440
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That pretty much sums up how this man got elected.
Yep sure does, didnt fool me ha!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-09-2009, 01:42 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I didn't know there were any rules.
You can disagree with a man's policies without hating the man. That's something all of you George W. Bush haters should keep in mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.