Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yea the the idea of it just seems pretty funny.


Monty Python style.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,912
Default

Well...as someone who works in a store, I can tell you it is EXTREMELY annoying when little kids play up. BUT, you shouldnt hit them, unless you are the parents...and in my store, it usually is followed by one of the parents smacking the kid

Now...as has happened, in a Tesco store in this country, you would be suprised what irrate customers will do to one another, in this Tesco store someone got killed for que jumping...and in another one, an irrate customer went out to his car and drove it through the front of the building

There is such a thing as a "Citizens Arrest" not sure if this is something available under US law...but Security people could actually criminally arrest someone if they had proof...get that wrong...and guess who gets done for false imprisonment
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Well...as someone who works in a store, I can tell you it is EXTREMELY annoying when little kids play up. BUT, you shouldnt hit them, unless you are the parents...and in my store, it usually is followed by one of the parents smacking the kid

Now...as has happened, in a Tesco store in this country, you would be suprised what irrate customers will do to one another, in this Tesco store someone got killed for que jumping...and in another one, an irrate customer went out to his car and drove it through the front of the building

There is such a thing as a "Citizens Arrest" not sure if this is something available under US law...but Security people could actually criminally arrest someone if they had proof...get that wrong...and guess who gets done for false imprisonment
Ahh Tesco, The Walmart of the European world. Ty are you ever going to send me any Irn Bru or whaaa?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
There is such a thing as a "Citizens Arrest" not sure if this is something available under US law...but Security people could actually criminally arrest someone if they had proof...get that wrong...and guess who gets done for false imprisonment
I think only Gomers can do that.

For you young'uns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM


Last edited by Neezar; 09-04-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

My kids have acted up in public in the past.. sure.. they are kids.. but someone hits my kid.. they WILL be hit back..
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dude, I cant stand it when a kid is just screaming and screaming with the parents dong nothing, but, if I saw someone slap a baby in the face 4 times in the store, I would be upset regaurdless of who it was. If I found out it was a stranger, I would have beat the snott out of them. If someone hit my baby, I would not be able to control myself, honestly I would do everthing I could to kill them, I would regret it later(maybe) but I would try and kill them.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
My kids have acted up in public in the past.. sure.. they are kids.. but someone hits my kid.. they WILL be hit back..
Good think you're raising your kids in a good Conservative home, at least you're teaching your kids to fight back. If you were a Liberal, you would teach them to handle the violent dispute with compassion and diplomacy, because that's how it really works right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Good think you're raising your kids in a good Conservative home, at least you're teaching your kids to fight back. If you were a Liberal, you would teach them to handle the violent dispute with compassion and diplomacy, because that's how it really works right?
I try not to subscribe to either Liberal or Conservative tags.. but those do fit best...

I like to think about it in a more simple way....

If you are talking to me.. I will talk..
If you raise your hands to me.. I will beat you to the punch
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,786
Default

Here's the latest...

Man found guilty of slapping girl in Ga. Walmart


The Associated Press
Tuesday, January 19, 2010; 7:52 PM

ATLANTA -- A Georgia man has been found guilty of second degree child cruelty for slapping a crying 2-year-old at a Walmart.

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain was convicted Tuesday in a Gwinnett County bench trial, which is held without a jury.

Stephens, who was 61 when arrested, will spend six months in jail followed by six months of home confinement.

Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping on Aug. 31, when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."

Authorities say Stephens then slapped her four or five times.

According to police, Stephens said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

A call to Stephens' court-appointed lawyer was not immediately returned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011904095.html
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Oddtodd76
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Here's the latest...

Man found guilty of slapping girl in Ga. Walmart


The Associated Press
Tuesday, January 19, 2010; 7:52 PM

ATLANTA -- A Georgia man has been found guilty of second degree child cruelty for slapping a crying 2-year-old at a Walmart.

Roger Stephens of Stone Mountain was convicted Tuesday in a Gwinnett County bench trial, which is held without a jury.

Stephens, who was 61 when arrested, will spend six months in jail followed by six months of home confinement.

Authorities say the girl and her mother were shopping on Aug. 31, when the toddler began crying. The police report says Stephens approached the mother and said, "If you don't shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you."

Authorities say Stephens then slapped her four or five times.

According to police, Stephens said: "See, I told you I would shut her up."

A call to Stephens' court-appointed lawyer was not immediately returned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011904095.html
he's goin to jail to get slapped around too! hahahaha except, they won't be slapping him on the face!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.