Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
well sorry, i couldn't fit "the interviews says Fedor thinks he has nothing to prove and Mir replies thatís a sad state of affairs you should wake up every morning with something to prove. If you have nothing left to prove you should go home retire and disappear" into the thread title. i'm sorry i mislead you and and ruined your day. i hope you can forgive me for this awful sin and atrocious mistake i have committed. and you're right it is a slight insult towards fedor and that is why i put it in the title so deal with it home slice.

You might wanna wind your neck in there mate at no point did I have a go at you or say it was a ridiculous post. Just thought it was phrased to make Mir look worse than the actual Interview did as is so often the case.

Your massive over reaction is equal parts funny and sad though
Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
well sorry, i couldn't fit "the interviews says Fedor thinks he has nothing to prove and Mir replies thatís a sad state of affairs you should wake up every morning with something to prove. If you have nothing left to prove you should go home retire and disappear" into the thread title. i'm sorry i mislead you and and ruined your day. i hope you can forgive me for this awful sin and atrocious mistake i have committed. and you're right it is a slight insult towards fedor and that is why i put it in the title so deal with it home slice.
You could have just simple put "Mir Interviewed by Whatever the place was the interviewed him". Instead you chose to put a sensationalistic title hoping to spur more negative responses. It's called trolling.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
You could have just simple put "Mir Interviewed by Whatever the place was the interviewed him". Instead you chose to put a sensationalistic title hoping to spur more negative responses. It's called trolling.

Exactly
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Straight Right

I don't particularly like Mir but that's a fair statement. If Fedor doesn't have anything left to prove and wants to rest on his past accomplishments, then yeah he should retire instead of becoming "King of Strikeforce." And its true, even co-promoting (and yes I know Fedor is a part owner of M-1) Strikeforce in some way I doubt he's making more there than he would have in the UFC so it isn't really about the money despite all the B.S. I'm not saying that Brock would beat him or any of the UFC heavyweights for that matter, but we'll never know with him and M-1 hiding behind the co-promotion sticking point. He may be the best, but he's soon going to become an afterthought and irrelevant once he cleans out Strikeforce and has no one left to fight but B-level cans. Apparently he really doesn't have anything left to prove if that's who he wants to fight.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
(on Rogan)Mir says he is disappointed that Rogan was making excuses for Nog and why he lost to Frank. "Everybody has reasons they don't fight at 100% in certain fights". he says it's sad to make excuses
(on Lesnar)Mir says Brock made better improvements between their 2 fights than he did and beat himfair and square
(on Fedor)He thinks Fedor's management is to blame for his decision not to fight in UFC and be considered Best in the world.
In response to Fedor's feeling that he doesn't have anything to prove. Frank says everyone should wake up every day with something to prove. If you don't have anything to prove you should hang it up go home retire and disappear.
blah blah blah...
The funny thing, Rogan didn't make excuses, facts are facts,
Frank Mir knows he didn't fight the best Big Nog.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:16 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
I don't particularly like Mir but that's a fair statement. If Fedor doesn't have anything left to prove and wants to rest on his past accomplishments, then yeah he should retire instead of becoming "King of Strikeforce." And its true, even co-promoting (and yes I know Fedor is a part owner of M-1) Strikeforce in some way I doubt he's making more there than he would have in the UFC so it isn't really about the money despite all the B.S. I'm not saying that Brock would beat him or any of the UFC heavyweights for that matter, but we'll never know with him and M-1 hiding behind the co-promotion sticking point. He may be the best, but he's soon going to become an afterthought and irrelevant once he cleans out Strikeforce and has no one left to fight but B-level cans. Apparently he really doesn't have anything left to prove if that's who he wants to fight.
Fedor never had anything to prove.
Not all fighters fight to be the best, in fact, I have never seen or heard Fedor say he was the best, or ever wanted to be. To tell somebody they should go home because they do not have the same reasons for fighting that you think they should, is completely ridiculous.

The UFC is not full of top tier competition for Fedor to fight,
you can tell yourself that all day long, but it just isn't true. Other than Carwin, and Brock, who would Fedor fight? GG? Kongo? Come on... Those are much less interesting fights than Barnett (in Japan, #2 in the world), Overeem, Rogers, Werdum, Maybe Roger Gracie and Jeff Monson.

The competition is about equal IMO and I do not see where other than Brock people think the UFC is just filled with amazing HW's to beat Fedor. I also don't beleive you need to fight in the UFC to be the best. Look at LW, outside the UFC is offering much more competition right now than inside.
Other than BJ, who does the UFC really have?
Aoki, Hansen, JZ, Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri, etc.. are all more interesting fights than Diego Sanchez.. then who? Maynard? Come on....

Do your own thinking, don't buy everything Dana White pushes down your throat,
I am pissed Fedor didn't come to the UFC as well,
but does it mean he isn't the best? Not even almost.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Fedor never had anything to prove.
Not all fighters fight to be the best, in fact, I have never seen or heard Fedor say he was the best, or ever wanted to be. To tell somebody they should go home because they do not have the same reasons for fighting that you think they should, is completely ridiculous.

The UFC is not full of top tier competition for Fedor to fight,
you can tell yourself that all day long, but it just isn't true. Other than Carwin, and Brock, who would Fedor fight? GG? Kongo? Come on... Those are much less interesting fights than Barnett (in Japan, #2 in the world), Overeem, Rogers, Werdum, Maybe Roger Gracie and Jeff Monson.

The competition is about equal IMO and I do not see where other than Brock people think the UFC is just filled with amazing HW's to beat Fedor. I also don't beleive you need to fight in the UFC to be the best. Look at LW, outside the UFC is offering much more competition right now than inside.
Other than BJ, who does the UFC really have?
Aoki, Hansen, JZ, Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri, etc.. are all more interesting fights than Diego Sanchez.. then who? Maynard? Come on....

Do your own thinking, don't buy everything Dana White pushes down your throat,
I am pissed Fedor didn't come to the UFC as well,
but does it mean he isn't the best? Not even almost.
Well I'm glad to hear that you know exactly why Fedor fights. He must be a close personal friend. I'm sure the hoodies and T-shirts they sell off the Red Devil site must mean something else than "Fedor #1" and "Nobody Beats Me." If that's not a declaration that you're the best, I'm not sure I know what is. If you read my post I never said that the UFC had all the best guys or that any of them would beat Fedor. Mostly that the co-promotion sticking point is crap. I'm not a Dana nuthugger, but the UFC was the organization that dug MMA out of obscurity and made it is what it is today, so I'm sure why they'd want to sign away a percentage of their profits to an organization that really only offers one fighter they are interested in and that fighter is part owner of said promotion. I'm not talking about other weight divisions so that's not really what I was commenting about. And yes until every fighter is under same promotion you're not going to get find out who the best really is and all the other exciting match ups. The heavyweight division is thin for every organization, but truly after Overeem and Rogers there's not much in Strikeforce for Fedor. Barnett? He's an interesting fight and I guess he'll end up back in Japan where they don't test for steriods, but Strikeforce isn't based out of Japan. Jeff Monson? I'm not sure he's top caliber. It just seems a simple point of fact that if Fedor wants to cement his legacy and quiet all the talk, he's not going to do that in Strikeforce or Japan it's going to be in the UFC. You're spewing a lot of venum and telling me to think for myself is a pretty big insult.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
Well I'm glad to hear that you know exactly why Fedor fights. He must be a close personal friend. I'm sure the hoodies and T-shirts they sell off the Red Devil site must mean something else than "Fedor #1" and "Nobody Beats Me." If that's not a declaration that you're the best, I'm not sure I know what is. If you read my post I never said that the UFC had all the best guys or that any of them would beat Fedor. Mostly that the co-promotion sticking point is crap. I'm not a Dana nuthugger, but the UFC was the organization that dug MMA out of obscurity and made it is what it is today, so I'm sure why they'd want to sign away a percentage of their profits to an organization that really only offers one fighter they are interested in and that fighter is part owner of said promotion. I'm not talking about other weight divisions so that's not really what I was commenting about. And yes until every fighter is under same promotion you're not going to get find out who the best really is and all the other exciting match ups. The heavyweight division is thin for every organization, but truly after Overeem and Rogers there's not much in Strikeforce for Fedor. Barnett? He's an interesting fight and I guess he'll end up back in Japan where they don't test for steriods, but Strikeforce isn't based out of Japan. Jeff Monson? I'm not sure he's top caliber. It just seems a simple point of fact that if Fedor wants to cement his legacy and quiet all the talk, he's not going to do that in Strikeforce or Japan it's going to be in the UFC. You're spewing a lot of venum and telling me to think for myself is a pretty big insult.

Well, for one I never claimed to know why he fights,
but he pretty much always says in interviews he doesn't fight to prove anything.
So..... think what you want I guess lol.

Strikeforce and Dream have a deal to Share fighters, even if they didn't you should know that SF contracts aren't exclusive, so Fedor can fight Barnett in Dream if he wants to either way.

Telling you to think for yourself isn't an insult, its advice.
Again, you're saying Fedor should come to the UFC to quiet the talk and cement his legacy when Fedor has made it clear he doesn't care about that sort of thing. If he cared what people thought he would have come straight to the UFC when Pride folded.
It just get frustrating to constantly hear talks about Fedor proving himself, or Fedor needing to cement his legacy and blah blah blah. Clearly that is not what is most important to the guy, and not every fighter fights so American's remember them as the best.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 PM

Mir makes some fine points and on the main i agree with them all.

Mir is intelligent guy and before people tell him to STFU, bear in the mind the guy is being interviewed and asked questions.

You'd call him rude if he refused interviews.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Mac

Mir spoke ALOT of truth right there . Cant argue with a thing the man said . He even gave alot of respect to Brock . Absolutley no excuses . The man just gained alot of cool points in my book.