Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
mikthehick

Default Octagon Junkie and SW KY Ice Storm

Hey yall,

Please pray for Andrea (octagon junkie). Her family got hit by that bad ice storm last week--and have been without power for 11 days now. She's been calling me on and off and keeping me updated though. They got a generator at day 5, but still no power as of today.

She did say that power is returning around them and they are hopeful for some in the next couple days. Also, she said the MRE's the nat'l guard handed out are tasty......

not so sure how that will fly around here....

Anyhoo, thanks!

Kim
Old 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Awwww, poor Andrea. I know exactly what she's going thru. It sucks sooooo bad. I hope she gets her power back soon, not having meals for that long was one of the hardest things for me. And the sound of all the generators. I hate that sound but loved it at the same time.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 AM
matthughesfan21

Hope all goes back to normal, my aunt and uncle in KY got hit also, they have their power back, but last i talked to my gma, schools were still closed and without power
Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 AM

I'm praying for them!!

[
Old 02-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Does she have gas or oil heat? Or is she making do without? What about hot water? I missed hot water too. Cold showers suck!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Twinsmama

Oh my gosh I'm praying for them. We went without power for about 20 days when Hurricane Frances and Jeanne came through Florida. I can't even imagine having no power and it being so cold. Hopefully the generators will at least keep them warm. It's about 30 here and I have heat and still freezing. I hope they stay warm and have plenty of MRE's to eat.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Stump Rules!

That's so wild because today out of the blue I thought about her and wondered if she was affected. Poor thing. Kim if you talk to her again tell her she's in my prayers ok?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
That's so wild because today out of the blue I thought about her and wondered if she was affected. Poor thing. Kim if you talk to her again tell her she's in my prayers ok?
Hey Michelle I will for sure

To my knowledge, she never said whether or not they had water (I didn't think to ask....) but the girls are doing well and she broke out the board games and all that stuff. It's supposed to be super nice this weekend....but even in all the 'bad' news, she was really optimistic.

I'll try to call this weekend and keep you guys updated.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

i'll add her to my prayer list...when she gets power back, I'll send her the link
Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
octagon junkie

Guys thank you for all the prayers. Our power went off at 6 am Jan 27th, and it came on last night around 6:30 so 13 days and twelve cold nights. From the first Tuesday to sat the only thing we had was the fireplace it was terribly cold I was literally sleeping about 2 hours a night between trying to help keep the fire going and keep the girls covered up. The first three days you couldn't get out our road there were so many trees down. My county and about three around it were 100% without power for the first three days. God bless the crews that came in from out of state. The crew that fixed ours yesterday was from northern Michigan and one of them told me they had worked 104 hours the week before. We were under a boil water advisory but God blessed me with some good friends. My friend Deb came in from Lexington and brought me a generator, lantern, six gallons of water, a 24 pack of water and snacks on saturday. I also called the sheriffs office to see if anyone had wood for sale. They put me in touch with a couple in a nearby town that brought me a load of wood at no charge, I offered them at least their gas money and they wouldn't accept. Truely awsome people. I know I haven't covered half of what went on but I be Michele is already tired of reading. One more thing all phonelines were down including cell towers so there was no communication. It was definatly and expierince I don't want to have again, I just thank God for our terrific neighbors and that it wasn't any worse than it was. Actually if it wan't for the cold (-2) on the coldest night It wouldn't have been half as bad. Thanks again and now back to cleaning the mess!!!