Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I agree with 99% of your post...

However I don't believe that shelter or food is a right...
This.

Everyone who is able bodied has to pull their weight or they should starve and freeze.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Miss Foxy

I know women that have 4 or 5 children benefits paid for by the government. Im not talking just medical insurance. Food stamps, subsidized housing, and free daycare. If most of those girls had to pay for everything alone I doubt they would keep having babies. Sad thing is hard working people who do things without a handout have to think twice about having more children due to our economy and other factors.. Makes me sick! Then you meet a mother, father, or family that really would appreciate and utilize these programs and they can't get the help due to red tape!! Makes me sick!!
Old 09-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I agree with 99% of your post...

However I don't believe that shelter or food is a right...
I guess it isnt a right, its a real fine line between helping those who need it and those who cheat the system.

The'll always be those who take advantage and those who cheat, the key is to lower that number.

It has no easy answer.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I know women that have 4 or 5 children benefits paid for by the government. Im not talking just medical insurance. Food stamps, subsidized housing, and free daycare. If most of those girls had to pay for everything alone I doubt they would keep having babies. Sad thing is hard working people who do things without a handout have to think twice about having more children due to our economy and other factors.. Makes me sick! Then you meet a mother, father, or family that really would appreciate and utilize these programs and they can't get the help due to red tape!! Makes me sick!!
Or good citizens who've never committed (major) crimes not getting help to pay for college. Yet, a criminal can be rotting in a jail cell or somebody who's been convicted of a felony can get their tuition paid.