Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
urine tests cost about twenty bucks. Deduct it from their first welfare check and nothing changes except drug addicts dont buy drugs with my taxes.
They arent your taxes once you've paid them.

They are Government funds. Its no longer your money. Your money goes to the Government...when the Money comes out from the Government it is no longer in your name.

Should the Government wish to do a transaction with a druggie...well..quite honnestly, thats a private Transaction between Government and Druggie...it has nothing to do with you, it is no longer your concern is it

The truth is far more simple. You dont like paying taxes to the Government. The Americans never have
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
1) Because they are taking money from the Government by choice. If you want the money you need to follow the guidelines for it. It's only big rother if your a hard working american ho gets his door broken down and forced to pee by swat.

Are you going to check to make sure the money isn't spent on illegal gambling? Or maybe they would fill up their gas tank and speed in the vehicle that just got gas. That's illegal too. Isn't it innocent until proven guilty? With this it is guilty until proven innocent. Any intrusion by the government I consider big brother. What would your recourse be when one has a false positive on the test?

There are also ways to pass a urine test.


2) Those things are not illegal. Your smarter then that.

There are a lot of other illegal ways where people could spend the money, so how would you suggest monitoring them to be sure they don't spend it or do anything else illegal with it?

What are your other concerns exactly?
I'm against illegal searches and seizures, and I consider this to fall into that category.

I like the fact that one is innocent until proven guilty, but this idea goes against that.

I don't like where this idea could take us further down the road.

This idea assumes that all people who receive benefits are drug abusers, and if this idea were implemented, treats them as such without any specific evidence against them.

It's also intrusive, and for some folks, may be just as embarrassing as having to be on welfare itself. Personally, I don't wish to have someone watch me as I am taking a piss. That infringes on my right to privacy.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Rev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
They arent your taxes once you've paid them.

They are Government funds. Its no longer your money. Your money goes to the Government...when the Money comes out from the Government it is no longer in your name.

Should the Government wish to do a transaction with a druggie...well..quite honnestly, thats a private Transaction between Government and Druggie...it has nothing to do with you, it is no longer your concern is it

The truth is far more simple. You dont like paying taxes to the Government. The Americans never have
I sure hope that was sarcasm.

That is not the government's money, "of, by and for the people"

I dont like where this would go in the future and while I hate the idea of drug heads on welfare, this would only give the government more say so in our lives.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

I don't think it is intended to be a cure for anything but a deterrent.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I'm against illegal searches and seizures, and I consider this to fall into that category.

I like the fact that one is innocent until proven guilty, but this idea goes against that.

I don't like where this idea could take us further down the road.

This idea assumes that all people who receive benefits are drug abusers, and if this idea were implemented, treats them as such without any specific evidence against them.

It's also intrusive, and for some folks, may be just as embarrassing as having to be on welfare itself. Personally, I don't wish to have someone watch me as I am taking a piss. That infringes on my right to privacy.
I guess I just see it differently.

When you're on unemployment one of the requirements is that you're actively looking for work. Does that mean that they assume everybody on unemployment is a slacker who won't look for work? I don't think so. They're just taking steps to make sure the benefits aren't wasted or taken advantage of. Does it happen anyway? Of course.. but they're doing what they can.

If you made drug testing a part of receiving welfare I don't think you're implying all the people on it are using drugs. I think you're simply stating that you need to be drug free to collect, no different then drug free to work for certain companies.

My thoughts anyway....

The downside would be a huge increase in crime I believe and my assumption would be that's why we don't already do it. The government would rather pay people to stay at home and burden society then have them all out on the street looking to survive in "other" ways..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
The downside would be a huge increase in crime I believe and my assumption would be that's why we don't already do it. The government would rather pay people to stay at home and burden society then have them all out on the street looking to survive in "other" ways..
So, then we use the money saved on welfare, build more prisons, and create jobs for people to work them! Everybody wins!



lol
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

It's actually not really the employers that want to require urine tests to hire employees, it's the insurance companies that cover the companies hiring employees.

Buzzard, if a person can receive a welfare check for doing nothing, then have the possible opportunity to go buy drugs with that money, I see nothing wrong with them having to take a urine test in order to receive each and every check. So it costs us $20, it's better than giving $400 or $500 to people to do more harm to themselves or others with their drug use.

Obama decided to free terrorists who want to kill us and move them to an island paradise at taxpayers' expense. I don't hear you complaining about that, so why would you possibly complain about this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Chuck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
So, then we use the money saved on welfare, build more prisons, and create jobs for people to work them! Everybody wins!



lol
Don't get me started on my thoughts about prison reform!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,484
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Don't get me started on my thoughts about prison reform!!!
Deal!



Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
I sure hope that was sarcasm.

That is not the government's money, "of, by and for the people"

I dont like where this would go in the future and while I hate the idea of drug heads on welfare, this would only give the government more say so in our lives.
No, its business. In many ways, the Government is only really Ellected by the people...and through your system of ellectorial votes, its not even as simple as that. Once they are in power they have a job to do. The American Citizens do nothing but stop the Government from doing their job.

You say you dont want the Government in your life...but when there is a disastor, its all your Governments fault for not stopping or pre-empting it...which they cant do without information, and they cant get information without what you see as a breach of rights....interestingly, you dont seem to feel that the same rights are universal.

For example, you have your inviolatory Rights, but your employers can do whatever they want and dont need to be guided by a Union...and yet your Government has next to no rights at all in the eyes of the People does it???

The wish not to pay excessive taxes has led to Revolution in the United States before now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.