Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default Urine or you're out!

Got this in my e-mail, I like it!

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. So here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check ..... because I have to pass one to earn it for them!?!

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their rump-doing drugs, while I work. Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Something has to change in this country - and soon!!!!

All the best!

An American Tax Payer
Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. So here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check ..... because I have to pass one to earn it for them!?!

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their rump-doing drugs, while I work. Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Something has to change in this country - and soon!!!!

All the best!

An American Tax Payer
I got that email, too, but I deleted it instead of passing it along.

Just imagine the costs associated with that. I thought people wanted less government interference in their lives and a smaller government. There are many reasons why I am against that idea, cost is just one of them.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I got that email, too, but I deleted it instead of passing it along.

Just imagine the costs associated with that. I thought people wanted less government interference in their lives and a smaller government. There are many reasons why I am against that idea, cost is just one of them.
urine tests cost about twenty bucks. Deduct it from their first welfare check and nothing changes except drug addicts dont buy drugs with my taxes.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
urine tests cost about twenty bucks. Deduct it from their first welfare check and nothing changes except drug addicts dont buy drugs with my taxes.
Why should it be deducted when it would be forced upon them to have it by a big brother government?

Do you have a problem with them buying booze and cigarettes? How about potato chips and unhealthy food? Do you mind them buying anything that isn't declared a necessity? Where will it end?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:18 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
1)Why should it be deducted when it would be forced upon them to have it by a big brother government?

2)Do you have a problem with them buying booze and cigarettes? How about potato chips and unhealthy food? Do you mind them buying anything that isn't declared a necessity? Where will it end?

1) Because they are taking money from the Government by choice. If you want the money you need to follow the guidelines for it. It's only big rother if your a hard working american ho gets his door broken down and forced to pee by swat.

2) Those things are not illegal. Your smarter then that.

What are your other concerns exactly?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Chris F

How about stopping welfare all together and make them earn their keep like everyone else. Welfare as it was introduced was for the disabled not the lazy able. If you can spend the welfare check on your own you can certainly earn a check. Charity by threat of law is not charity nor is it the government's job. Stupid FDR and his new deal has created a nation of free loaders. However a simple glance at history shows us this exact same thing brought an end to the Roman Empire. Ir will destroy the American Empire sure enough. We need to end the free bread and circuses for the able bodied.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
logrus

I haven't had to piss in a cup in 16 years of working,
Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
rearnakedchoke

you guys have to piss in a cup to work????
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21

All the best!

An American Tax Payer
Does the Government tell you what to spend you're money on?

No.

So what right do you have to tell the Government what to do with there money?

Is it your Government that demands a Urine Sample...or your employers...I'd say your employers...so WTF does you passing a Urine test for your employers to pay you...got to do with what the Government does with the money you pay to them???

Nothing. Nothing at all. Its not the Governments fault you have to pee to appease your employer.

You pay them, they do whatever they like with it...just like you do whatever you like with the money paid to you.

Remember...your Government has rights too. Mind your own business
Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Chuck

I would be all for it. But I also think women on welfare should be forced to get a BC injection or cap their benefits with the current number of children they have.