Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 08-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Preach

Default I voted Democrat

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it....

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.... Read More

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Preach on!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:56 AM
Buzzard

I voted Republican because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't. Just like it was when Bush was in office.

I voted Republican because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it, and having free speech zones is ok because you're a communist if you don't agree with the party platform.

I voted Republican because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would, as can be seen by the billions of dollars spent chasing down the terrorists in Iraq after 9/11, when most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia and Iraq had nothing to do with it.

I voted Republican because when we pull out of Iraq, they'll be glad that we attacked them based on lies and false information and because Papa Bush didn't get Saddam first. I trust that the real terrorists will stop what they're doing because we didn't go after the real bad guys.

I voted Republican because our vice president Dick Cheney showed me how to be a responsible gun owner.

I voted Republican because I believe that people shouldn't tell me that my gas guzzling SUV and my insatiable appetite for fossil fuel isn't my God given right, eff the rest of the world if I consume more energy than the rest of them.

I voted Republican because I'm not concerned about the constitution, it's just a G-Damned piece of paper. Who cares if we slaughter innocent Iraqi citizens and care about the unborn child until they are born, but forget about them soon after.

I voted Republican because I believe that going to war in an effort to make myself and my friends butt-loads of money in business should be ok, and who cares what the cost in human lives is. They need to break even and redistribute the profits to greedy stockholders.

I voted Republican because I believe George Bush was right when he said the constitution is just a damned piece of paper and I don't care if suspending the writ of Habeas Corpus is unconstitutional because if it's ok with Bush, it's ok with me, unless someone else tries to do the same thing.

I voted Republican because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view, even when reasonable evidence is shown that would cause a reasonable person to second think their own self centered views.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I voted Republican because I believe George Bush was right when he said the constitution is just a damned piece of paper and I don't care if suspending the writ of Habeas Corpus is unconstitutional because if it's ok with Bush, it's ok with me, unless someone else tries to do the same thing.
I voted Democrat because I believe every word that's printed on left-wing propaganda websites, even when the story is proven to have been completely fabricated. I even believe that fake story about President Bush calling the Constitution a "god-damned piece of paper" which was revealed to be a lie quite some time ago.

I voted Democrat because I'm completely ignorant of history and thus I don't realize that suspending habeas corpus for captured enemy combatants during wartime is standard practice. Even Obama's hero, Abraham Lincoln, suspended habeas corpus for Southern soldiers captured during the Civil War. Which is great, because, as a Democrat, I believe it's better to deny Constitutional rights to natural-born American citizens, rather than infringe upon the rights of foreigners and terrorists who hate everything our country stands for and have pledged their lives to destroying us.

I voted Democrat because I believe that terrorists who attack our country and kill our citizens deserve to be relocated to a tropical paradise where they can spend the rest of their lives living off of the taxes of the very same Americans that they want to kill.

I voted Democrat because I believe that the soldiers who sacrifice years of their lives fighting for my freedoms overseas are the true danger to this country and we need to keep an eye on them by putting them on terrorist watchlists as soon as they get back from defending my freedoms.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I voted Democrat because I believe every word that's printed on left-wing propaganda websites, even when the story is proven to have been completely fabricated. I even believe that fake story about President Bush calling the Constitution a "god-damned piece of paper" which was revealed to be a lie quite some time ago.

Care to share your sources?

I voted Democrat because I'm completely ignorant of history and thus I don't realize that suspending habeas corpus for captured enemy combatants during wartime is standard practice. Even Obama's hero, Abraham Lincoln, suspended habeas corpus for Southern soldiers captured during the Civil War. Which is great, because, as a Democrat, I believe it's better to deny Constitutional rights to natural-born American citizens, rather than infringe upon the rights of foreigners and terrorists who hate everything our country stands for and have pledged their lives to destroying us

What is a Writ of Habeas Corpus?
A writ of habeas corpus is a judicially enforceable order issued by a court of law to a prison official ordering that a prisoner be brought to the court so it can be determined whether or not that prisoner had been lawfully imprisoned and, if not, whether he or she should be released from custody. A habeas corpus petition is a petition filed with a court by a person who objects to his own or another's detention or imprisonment. The petition must show that the court ordering the detention or imprisonment made a legal or factual error. The right of habeas corpus is the constitutionally bestowed right of a person to present evidence before a court that he or she has been wrongly imprisoned.

Where Our Right of Habeas Corpus Comes From
The right of writs of habeas corpus are granted in Article I, Section 9, clause 2 of the Constitution, which states, "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Care to show your sources where these writs were suspended due to Cases of Rebellion or Invasion?

I voted Democrat because I believe that terrorists who attack our country and kill our citizens deserve to be relocated to a tropical paradise where they can spend the rest of their lives living off of the taxes of the very same Americans that they want to kill.

Care to share your sources showing that Iraqi citizens were behind the terrorist attacks? You do realize that we attacked Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia, don't you?

I voted Democrat because I believe that the soldiers who sacrifice years of their lives fighting for my freedoms overseas are the true danger to this country and we need to keep an eye on them by putting them on terrorist watchlists as soon as they get back from defending my freedoms.

Wasn't it your wonderful President Bush that started this so called "Patriot Act?"

Tag, you're it.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:08 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Just to step in for Nate real quick, I'll answer this question for you:

Quote:
Care to show your sources where these writs were suspended due to Cases of Rebellion or Invasion?
He said "during the Civil War". In case you've forgotten, that's where the South rebelled against the Union & attempted to invade Washington D.C.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Just to step in for Nate real quick, I'll answer this question for you:

He said "during the Civil War". In case you've forgotten, that's where the South rebelled against the Union & attempted to invade Washington D.C.
Really? We had a civil war when Bush was in office? I learn something new everyday.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Nate said that it wasn't the first time they had been suspended by citing the Civil War. You then said they could only be suspended due to rebellion/invasion & asked him to cite when/where there had been a rebellion/invasion. I answered you to support what Nate had said (abuot the Civil War). Since you were responding to his post about the Civil War asking about rebellion/invasion, that's why I assumed that's what you were talking about. If you wanted to discuss a different time period, the onus is on you to make that clear, not me to read your mind. Don't act like a jack-arse just because you can't communicate properly.

As for why during the Bush administration, have you completely forgotten 9/11? I mean, those were hostile actions against our country perpetrated by foreign agents. They came to America & launched an attacked while on our soil. How else do you describe an invasion? You don't need battalions & naval groups.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Nate said that it wasn't the first time they had been suspended by citing the Civil War. You then said they could only be suspended due to rebellion/invasion & asked him to cite when/where there had been a rebellion/invasion. I answered you to support what Nate had said (abuot the Civil War). Since you were responding to his post about the Civil War asking about rebellion/invasion, that's why I assumed that's what you were talking about.Moral, don't assume. If you wanted to discuss a different time period, the onus is on you to make that clear, not me to read your mind. Don't act like a jack-arse just because you can't communicate properly.If you could comprehend what you read, you wouldn't have made the asinine assumption. If you are going to call me names, at least have the balls to say what you mean.

As for why during the Bush administration, have you completely forgotten 9/11? I mean, those were hostile actions against our country perpetrated by foreign agents. Why did we attack Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia. Weren't most of the perpetrators Saudi's? We went after Saddam, who had nothing to do with 9/11.They came to America & launched an attacked while on our soil. How else do you describe an invasion? You don't need battalions & naval groups.
I wasn't responding to a post about the civil war, Nate responded to my post about Bush suspending the writ of Habeas Corpus. I then responded back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I voted Democrat because I'm completely ignorant of history and thus I don't realize that suspending habeas corpus for captured enemy combatants during wartime is standard practice.
I then gave the definition o what a writ of Habeas Corpus is and where it came from. I then asked him to show his sources showing where these writs were suspended due to Cases of Rebellion or Invasion? Since Bush suspended the writ of Habeas Corpus and I first spoke of Bush's suspension of them, I asked to see the proof of the cases of rebellion or invasion when Bush suspended these same writs.

I know you are eager to defend NateR, and that is admirable, but twisting what I say to make your point isn't admirable at all.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Preach

Money
Financial shares drop market | Dow

This table charts the key U.S. financial indices by their last reported value and change since the most recent trading day opened. Index Last Change
Dow 9,326.47 -169.81 (-1.79%)
NASDAQ 1,972.87 -36.19 (-1.80%)
S&P 1,000.86 -19.76 (-1.94%)

I am sooooo proud of Obama

Tags
silent but deadly, the flapper, yuck butt