Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-29-2009, 07:52 AM
atomdanger

Default Atom's UFC 102 Adventure

So I suck and missed the weigh ins because I had to work,
but my brothers and I are going to the fights and should have some fun pictures / stories to post.
The Rose Garden is just a few minutes from the house so we are just going to take the max down there early (Doors open at 4) and check things out.
I will post pics ASAP
Old 08-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
but my brothers and I are going to the fights and should have some fun pictures / stories to post.
The Rose Garden is just a few minutes from the house so we are just going to take the max down there early (Doors open at 4) and check things out.
I will post pics ASAP
Did you move? I thought you were up north more?
Old 08-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Alright, lazy bones! It's now 8am your time: get outta bed & start taking millions of pointless pictures & videos to document your day!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:11 PM
fightpastor

Quote:
I will post pics ASAP
The weigh ins themselves were cool as always but access to the fighters was the most limited I have ever seen. I was actually pretty disappointed by it. This was my 3rd fight and the only time I didn't get even one picture with a fighter.

You didn't miss much. The fight card is great so you get to enjoy the best part.

www.fightpastor.com
Old 08-29-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I will post pics ASAP

Have a great day my man!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 AM
atomdanger

I just got home from the event, woot woot.
Doors opened at four, the first fight was at 430.

Rose Garden at 3ish.

Nogueira / Randy Coture = I got so many dirty looks for cheering when Randy was losing, but wow, GREAT FIGHT. I don't know how it sounded to you guys watching the PPV view, but I couldn't even hear Buffer when Randy was in the cage before the fight. I mean, it was nuts......
Thiago Silva / Keith Jardine = Jardine was twitching on the ground, out cold.....
Nate Marquardt / Demian Maia = Maia joined the AA club, wtf was he doing a weird jump kick mixed with some drop your hands?
Brandon Vera / Kryzsztof Soszynski = Neither of these two impressed me.
Jake Rosholt / Chris Leben = NICE, the crowd was pissed, but I thought Rosholt looked pretty good.
Aaron Simpson / Ed Herman = Herman just got outclassed, sucks he fell on his knee wrong.
Gabriel Gonzaga / Chris Tuchscherer = Chris took a nut shot at the start of the first and took his whole 5 minute break, even convulsions on the ground and asking for a puke bucket, the crowd booed.
Mike Russow / Justin McCully = What was with McCully? The doc almost stopped it because he couldn't stand after the first round.
Todd Duffee / Tim Hague = WOW, nice nice
Mark Munoz / Nick Catone seemed like a bad decision.
Evan Dunham looked good, but Marcus looked bad to me, other than in the 3rd.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 AM
atomdanger

So we pretty much just watched the fights, some people with super good seats didn't show up, so I asked security and we went from 100 dollar seats to 500 dollar seats for the main event, it was SWEET. Met Greg Jackson and Junior Dos Santos. Santos is pretty big, but was super cool and laid back, Greg Jackson seemed really nice and chill and literally hungout in the crowd after it was over for almost an hour making sure everybody got an autograph and a picture that wanted one. (Greg Jackson is a tiny man)

Some pics.
1. They were serving Coors light.

2. Our first seats.

3. Our second seats.

More pics tomorrow, Must have sleep.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Did you move? I thought you were up north more?
I am in the Couve now
Old 08-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Chuck

Quote:
I am in the Couve now
Sweet...... that made the fights much, much easier to get to Glad you had a good time bro.. keep the pics coming!!