Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 PM
Chuck

David she has a bit of a crush on Fedor... she doesn't always thinks straight...

Just a warning!

Love ya Denise!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:31 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
David she has a bit of a crush on Fedor... she doesn't always thinks straight...

Just a warning!

Love ya Denise!
Shut up, Chuck.

And with what I said about Fedor in mind, what do you think of Randy signing with the UFC again? He left before, dishonoring his contract and one of his reasons was wanting to fight the best, Fedor. Well here he was OUT of his contract with a perfect opportunity to sign with Strikeforce and finally fight Fedor.

So now is Randy a pathetic, disgusting cockroach because he obviously chose money over fighting the best?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Shut up, Chuck.

And with what I said about Fedor in mind, what do you think of Randy signing with the UFC again? He left before, dishonoring his contract and one of his reasons was wanting to fight the best, Fedor. Well here he was OUT of his contract with a perfect opportunity to sign with Strikeforce and finally fight Fedor.

So now is Randy a pathetic, disgusting cockroach because he obviously chose money over fighting the best?
Me or Dave????
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Me or Dave????
Not you. I told you to hush. lol
Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Not you. I told you to hush. lol
Hushing..........
Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Just wondering if you ever tried to make easy money. Or if you ever picked a job because it would benefit you more than another. What if someone told you that you should go to work for a another company because they had a higher rating than you instead of working for yourself? AND acting like you were a piece of shyte if you didn't...Would that be fair?
Theres no such thing as easy money in my trade and I don't think Fedor is a piece of crap for not going to the UFC. I do however feel the "enigma" of Fedor has become so big that his management will probably dodge the UFC until Fedor retires, so long as they take advantage of Fedors market share and rape whatever Org he signs with. Keeping him undefeated and his management rich is the plan, it has nothing to do with "Fair trade" or bettering MMA". If you think thats the case then you are fooling yourself.

Quote:
Okay, so you either go to work for UFC plumbing or you are weak. You should want to work for the best, the biggest company getting the biggest jobs. You do that or you are terrified of losing your cash cow. If you don't or if you offer an employee more money to keep them from going then you are pathethic and disgusting. Not to mention you are nothing but a cockroach. Yes, you are a pathethic, disgusting cockroach if you try to stay at David Banner Plumbing, Inc and make it on your own instead of going to work for UFC plumbing.
He's a fighter, not a plumber and the mantality you speak of I don't get. This isnt about companies, this is about fighting. His job, now more then ever is to be the best. Be the best by fighting the best. I personally want to see Fedor defeat everyone, but that won't happen if the business side AKA keeping Fedor undefeated until he retires, takes priority.

Quote:
See how it looks from the outside? Fedor is a business man just like you. You do great plumbing, he does great fighting. You market your plumbing and he markets his fighting. In my eyes, there is nothing wrong with trying to make it on your own instead of giving up and working for The Big Man.

On top of that, Fedor may be doing us the biggest favor EVER in the history of MMA. The comment "those that stand to gain the most from keeping him out of the UFC". WE are the ones that have the most to gain from Fedor staying out of the UFC. UFC has been threatening for years to get the UFC on network TV. Well, now that Fedor has signed with Strikeforce they are scrambling to get it done. Without any other MMA org then the UFC has a monopoly and can stay on pay-per-view indefinitely and charge as much as they like. And Strikeforce is a very real threat. If you are a 'fighter' fan or just a fan of UFC then that is fine. However, if you are a fan of MMA or fighting and you watch a Strikeforce show you will see exactly what I am talking about. The last 3 Strikeforce shows have been awesome. EVERY fight could be considered as good as a UFC fight of the night.

Competition = better for the fans/customers in ANY market. So whether Fedor is only doing it for the money or even if he doesn't realize it, he is doing MMA fans a great favor.

How you can equate Fedor being with Strikeforce as good for MMA fans is hilarious. Do I want to subscribe to Showtime and watch Fedor fight a guy that won't last a round with him? No. What about getting the Affliction PPVs? Were they any cheaper? No, what was the difference again? This whole Small orgs vs the UFC is almoast comical now because really, it should be "Millionaires vs Billionaires." Like the guy that owns Strikeforce mows his own lawn... Do you think he lives in a 2 bedroom house with one bathroom and 5 kids? Seriously, I'm all for Walmart getting hammered by good competition but as a MMA fan, I am perfectly content with 80% of my MMA viewing being UFC related.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:23 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Theres no such thing as easy money in my trade and I don't think Fedor is a piece of crap for not going to the UFC. I do however feel the "enigma" of Fedor has become so big that his management will probably dodge the UFC until Fedor retires, so long as they take advantage of Fedors market share and rape whatever Org he signs with. Keeping him undefeated and his management rich is the plan, it has nothing to do with "Fair trade" or bettering MMA". If you think thats the case then you are fooling yourself.

I believe that I said that even if it's unintentional then it is still benefical.

He's a fighter, not a plumber and the mantality you speak of I don't get. This isnt about companies, this is about fighting. His job, now more then ever is to be the best. Be the best by fighting the best. I personally want to see Fedor defeat everyone, but that won't happen if the business side AKA keeping Fedor undefeated until he retires, takes priority.

Is your job not to be the best you can be? His job is to market himself as a fighter and make a living at it. What he thinks is best for him in the business sense will not necessarily coincide with what the fans want from him as a fighter. I may think that to be the best plumber that you should work on the biggest(best) jobs. We know that isn't true. You can be a great plumber on a small job. Fedor's job is to keep himself making money and in the game. But I can understand that it would be hard for a fan to see it from that point of view. What we want as fans may not always be what is best for the fighters.

How you can equate Fedor being with Strikeforce as good for MMA fans is hilarious. Do I want to subscribe to Showtime and watch Fedor fight a guy that won't last a round with him? No. What about getting the Affliction PPVs? Were they any cheaper? No, what was the difference again? This whole Small orgs vs the UFC is almoast comical now because really, it should be "Millionaires vs Billionaires." Like the guy that owns Strikeforce mows his own lawn... Do you think he lives in a 2 bedroom house with one bathroom and 5 kids? Seriously, I'm all for Walmart getting hammered by good competition but as a MMA fan, I am perfectly content with 80% of my MMA viewing being UFC related.
Fedor being with Strikforce has Dana scrambling to get UFC's onto network tv. Would that be cheaper for the fans? Wouldn't that be beneficial to the fans?

Okay, maybe that is hilarious.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Fedor being with Strikforce has Dana scrambling to get UFC's onto network tv. Would that be cheaper for the fans? Wouldn't that be beneficial to the fans?

Okay, maybe that is hilarious.
There isn't a single promotion including Pride that has ever been a serious threat to the UFC... Strikeforce hasn't made Dana scramble..

If you're going to look at it from a purely business perspective then ducking fighters and making a career our of cans would be perfectly acceptable...

wait... my bad...... we were already talking about Fedor

Old 09-05-2009, 08:16 PM
David_Banner

Quote:

Do you honestly think PPV Fights will go away if the UFC decides to take a network deal? A network deal will allow more NON-Super fights on reg cable but the super fights will most def be on PPV. The real Beneficiaries of a major Network deal will be the fighters. More fighters will get to fight more often, and if that happens, everybody will be happy.

More orgs, more big PPV fights, more money fans have to dish out to see them. Sorry, but I don't see that will be somehow cheaper on the fans.

But yeah, nobody can touch the UFC now, and when they decide on a Network deal, it will be impossible for anybody to even get on their radar.