Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 AM
ERStettin

WOW, Dana is right on the money with this fight. I can't wait! I always thought Diego would be a good fight for BJ. I like them both and if BJ wins this, well, who else is there for him to beat, really?

I think Diego will be a tougher test for BJ than Kenny was. Diego has alot of speed, endurance and strength. BJ has to come ready for this one, in my opinion.

I hope we can see it here in Afghanistan. Thanks, thanks, thanks, Dana. This is going to be GREAT!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Awesome matchup!

WAR SANCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Love to see a network deal but I think that would be a pretty weak fight to debut the UFC to a network audience.
WHA?!

[
Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Miss Foxy

war PENN!!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Awesome sauce! I seriously think this would be a great fight & I'd love to see it on network TV, it'd be fantastic.

Just a thought on the network TV situation: Dana has said for awhile that he'd love to revive the old Tusday Night Fights like boxing used to have, but that there's not enough talent for it. I have an idea: why not just do live TUF fights? Sure, it'd take 13 weeks to shoot instead of 6, but the fights & results would be live, you wouldn't have to worry about leaked spoilers & you could have a revolving door. Just run a series of tournaments, starting with LW & working up. Once you get the LWs cast, start auditioning for WWs, etc. The first episode you have the coaches pick who fights, then at the end of each fight, you have them pick the next week's fight. The guys get more time to prepare & the editors have 6 days to start working the footage into a show. It'd force them to spend more time focusing on training instead of house drama because they wouldn't be able to splice together a collage of antics for each show.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
ERStettin

That is a good idea.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Love to see a network deal but I think that would be a pretty weak fight to debut the UFC to a network audience.
i disagree

the LW division has always been the most exciting, and penn and sanchez are definitely the top 2 LW's right now. by the time the UFC is done hyping this fight, it won't be weak for a network audience, it will be strong. also, do you remember huerta vs guida and how well that did on free television? the numbers were incredible and people loved it. this will be even better than that
Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Crisco

It will be on HBO.

Dana got the deal he wanted from them.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
ERStettin

Crap, I hate HBO.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Hughes fanboy

I think if BJ wins, Gray Maynard (is that his real name, Gray???) Is this an American name?? Well anyway I think he should be next in line.

I honestly believe that there are several LW's who would beat Penn. Guida, Maynard, Huerta...Bj is not invincible despite what his 14 year old, pubescent nuthugging fanboy following thinks.

Bj will fall...and when he does he can go back to eating @ Krispy Kreme

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/