Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Proving himself? Proving himself as what? Fedor is making decisions about his career based on his priorities not yours. To him and the people important to him, maybe proving himself means sticking to his guns and remaining loyal to his beliefs while negotiating his contract.

Fedor is proving himself to me. He is proving that some men still value some things over money. That ranks him pretty far up there in my book.

How exactly is he proving he values other things more than money? By insisting on M1 Global co-promotion he is trying to grow a company which he is a part of which in the long run would bring him much more money than any fight contract. He is just trying to use the UFC to make his own company successful
Old 08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
why is the supposed "best P4P fighter in the world" fighting a non-top 10 HW?

fedor is not P4P as long as he keeps fighting UFC has-beens, cans, or non-top 10 fighters. while he is fighting these guys once per year, there are people like GSP, anderson and penn fighting the top fighters in the world at their weight class continuously and 3 times a year. he has nothing to gain from this fight and everything to lose. if he loses this fight it will be the biggest upset in MMA history

Couldnt agree more
Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
like i said in an earlier post .. brock is fighting a guy who is probably lower rated than rogers .. carwin and rogers are both undefeated with one big win ... i think rogers win is better as he KO'd AA and from what i have seen, has never been rocked ... and anderson fighting cote, leites and irvin are far from top guys in the world ... i think anderson is the best p4p, but he hasn't fought the best either in 3 of his last four fights ...

Thats because Anderson had cleaned house, Fedor Just refuses to join the house with any challanges in it
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Proving himself? Proving himself as what? Fedor is making decisions about his career based on his priorities not yours. To him and the people important to him, maybe proving himself means sticking to his guns and remaining loyal to his beliefs while negotiating his contract.

Fedor is proving himself to me. He is proving that some men still value some things over money. That ranks him pretty far up there in my book.

I'm sure the whole co-promoting with the UFC clause in his contract had nothing to do with money...

The best competition in MMA is in the UFC... what Fedor HAS proven is that fighting the best competition in the world isn't one of his priorities....

must be his part of being loyal to his beliefs I guess
Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

fedor is not P4P as long as he keeps fighting UFC has-beens, cans, or non-top 10 fighters. while he is fighting these guys once per year, there are people like GSP, anderson and penn fighting the top fighters in the world at their weight class continuously and 3 times a year. he has nothing to gain from this fight and everything to lose. if he loses this fight it will be the biggest upset in MMA history
This.

+1

Agreed

Ditto

Spot On

Hell pick one I don't care but this post was brilliant.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
like i said in an earlier post .. brock is fighting a guy who is probably lower rated than rogers .. carwin and rogers are both undefeated with one big win ... i think rogers win is better as he KO'd AA and from what i have seen, has never been rocked ... and anderson fighting cote, leites and irvin are far from top guys in the world ... i think anderson is the best p4p, but he hasn't fought the best either in 3 of his last four fights ...

I don't think Anyone rates Rogers above Carwin.

I think at this point GG is more dangerous then AA and being able to come back and knock a dude out while your rocked shows heart.

Rogers hasn't been fighting UFC quality oppenents.

Still its the coolest fight for Fedor ATM outside of the UFC.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

In no way would that possibly be worse than GSP losing to Serra. At the very least, Rogers is knocking dudes out left and right and is undefeated. It'd be an upset, but nowhere near the magnitude of GSP losing to Serra.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
In no way would that possibly be worse than GSP losing to Serra. At the very least, Rogers is knocking dudes out left and right and is undefeated. It'd be an upset, but nowhere near the magnitude of GSP losing to Serra.
Agreed..... but mostly because I don't think Fedor is at the same level everybody else does. He's overrated.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Agreed..... but mostly because I don't think Fedor is at the same level everybody else does. He's overrated.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Krupp

I think some people have forgotten how good Fedor's striking really is. He's deceptive about it. Anybody remember Daddy Goodridge? Anybody?