Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
GnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
/sigh
Are u drinking the Koolaide that Dana's been making

nope, no doubt he will win but he spends more time off or fighting cans than he does proving himself anymore, at least affliction gave us a brief demonstration of what people rave about. However when that died he once again had the chance to fight in the only org that matters but passed it up AGAIN due to yet more stupid co-promotion ideas.

Fedor v Brock or Randy has somewhat more clout that Rogers in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:11 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
nope, no doubt he will win but he spends more time off or fighting cans than he does proving himself anymore, at least affliction gave us a brief demonstration of what people rave about. However when that died he once again had the chance to fight in the only org that matters to me but passed it up AGAIN due to yet more stupid co-promotion ideas.

Fixed.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:19 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
nope, no doubt he will win but he spends more time off or fighting cans than he does proving himself anymore, at least affliction gave us a brief demonstration of what people rave about.
Proving himself? Proving himself as what? Fedor is making decisions about his career based on his priorities not yours. To him and the people important to him, maybe proving himself means sticking to his guns and remaining loyal to his beliefs while negotiating his contract.

Fedor is proving himself to me. He is proving that some men still value some things over money. That ranks him pretty far up there in my book.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Proving himself? Proving himself as what? Fedor is making decisions about his career based on his priorities not yours. To him and the people important to him, maybe proving himself means sticking to his guns and remaining loyal to his beliefs while negotiating his contract.

Fedor is proving himself to me. He is proving that some men still value some things over money. That ranks him pretty far up there in my book.
pretty much .. i mean, what is he gonna say? oh, dana called me some names so i should go and make his company even more money than it already is??? fedor doesn't need to prove himself, as other orgs are willing to put him in fights ... everyone talks about how dana is bad for the sport, pays his fighters junk (i don't agree with those statements) and now the only guy that can really stand up to him does and he is called out for it? tito tried it and lost, randy tried it and lost, fitch tried it and lost ... fedor will never fight in the ufc, cuz his management won't let him get used ...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar

[
Old 08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
que

why is the supposed "best P4P fighter in the world" fighting a non-top 10 HW?

fedor is not P4P as long as he keeps fighting UFC has-beens, cans, or non-top 10 fighters. while he is fighting these guys once per year, there are people like GSP, anderson and penn fighting the top fighters in the world at their weight class continuously and 3 times a year. he has nothing to gain from this fight and everything to lose. if he loses this fight it will be the biggest upset in MMA history
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
pretty much .. i mean, what is he gonna say? oh, dana called me some names so i should go and make his company even more money than it already is??? fedor doesn't need to prove himself, as other orgs are willing to put him in fights ... everyone talks about how dana is bad for the sport, pays his fighters junk (i don't agree with those statements) and now the only guy that can really stand up to him does and he is called out for it? tito tried it and lost, randy tried it and lost, fitch tried it and lost ... fedor will never fight in the ufc, cuz his management won't let him get used ...

except by them
Old 08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
nope, no doubt he will win but he spends more time off or fighting cans than he does proving himself anymore, at least affliction gave us a brief demonstration of what people rave about. However when that died he once again had the chance to fight in the only org that matters but passed it up AGAIN due to yet more stupid co-promotion ideas.

Well, I'll be rootin for Fedor,but I won't write off Rogers from winning with his KO power and size advantage. I don't know if UFC is the only org. that matters,well maybe too u,but I do like Strikeforce and would be nice if I could watch more of it(darn no Showtime).
At this stage of the game I don't know if I value a Fedor/Randy fight as I used to,but I still wanna see Fedor/Brock,Fedor/Mir,Fedor/GG,Fedor/CC II.
I wish he would of come to the UFC,but it just isn't meant to be so we just move on and deal. I just don't think Fedor cares about legacy and all that as we all do and what he thinks about it is all that matters.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Well, I'll be rootin for Fedor,but I won't write off Rogers from winning with his KO power and size advantage. I don't know if UFC is the only org. that matters,well maybe too u,but I do like Strikeforce and would be nice if I could watch more of it(darn no Showtime).
At this stage of the game I don't know if I value a Fedor/Randy fight as I used to,but I still wanna see Fedor/Brock,Fedor/Mir,Fedor/GG,Fedor/CC II.
I wish he would of come to the UFC,but it just isn't meant to be so we just move on and deal. I just don't think Fedor cares about legacy and all that as we all do and what he thinks about it is all that matters.

For real? you would rather see Gabe then Randy fight Fedor?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
why is the supposed "best P4P fighter in the world" fighting a non-top 10 HW?

fedor is not P4P as long as he keeps fighting UFC has-beens, cans, or non-top 10 fighters. while he is fighting these guys once per year, there are people like GSP, anderson and penn fighting the top fighters in the world at their weight class continuously and 3 times a year. he has nothing to gain from this fight and everything to lose. if he loses this fight it will be the biggest upset in MMA history
like i said in an earlier post .. brock is fighting a guy who is probably lower rated than rogers .. carwin and rogers are both undefeated with one big win ... i think rogers win is better as he KO'd AA and from what i have seen, has never been rocked ... and anderson fighting cote, leites and irvin are far from top guys in the world ... i think anderson is the best p4p, but he hasn't fought the best either in 3 of his last four fights ...