Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 08-27-2009, 12:28 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So, the Bible is banned, but the fighters are free to tear up the house, curse at each other, steal each others' food, pee in each others' food, masturbate into each others' food, etc.? Makes perfect sense to me.

very childish and inappropriate behavior if you ask me and i'm not sure how they think they will ever grow an audience showing that kind of vile and disgusting stuff....it just sickens me.( when does the new season start ? )
Old 08-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Stump Rules!

I was wondering the same thing and I'm a grown woman....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
very childish and inappropriate behavior if you ask me and i'm not sure how they think they will ever grow an audience showing that kind of vile and disgusting stuff....it just sickens me.( when does the new season start ? )

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Actually it is a violation of their 1st amendment rights no contract can violate a persons sincerely held religious beliefs. SO if one trully felt like bible reading was a part of their belief system then Zuffa by law would have to accommodate same is true for the Koran, Book of Moron etc. So there must not have been any real Christians in the TUF house because they cannot keep one from reading it. Many forsake their rights without a fight. Funny how they will pummel each other for money but let their constitutional rights go without a peep.
Did you do that on purpose?
Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Did you do that on purpose?
Did I really I do that? I guess it was a freudian slip. No offense meant towards Eric and the other LDS followers.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
rearnakedchoke

maybe rampage will pass out bibles to his team when he gets there ...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:09 PM
cubsfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
This is the real question. Probably has cost them a lot of viewers, including me. Doesn't do much for the image of MMA in general. I didn't watch the last season and won't watch this one. But what do they care? Maybe this programming has brought in a lot of new viewers.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:04 PM
County Mike

The last season didn't really have much house drama/destruction. It's a shame they didn't have better fighters.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:07 PM
logrus

Last 2 seasons I only watched like the last 5 minutes of TUF. I think I might watch more of it only cause Rampage is funny.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
Actually it is a violation of their 1st amendment rights no contract can violate a persons sincerely held religious beliefs. SO if one trully felt like bible reading was a part of their belief system then Zuffa by law would have to accommodate same is true for the Koran, Book of Moron etc. So there must not have been any real Christians in the TUF house because they cannot keep one from reading it. Many forsake their rights without a fight. Funny how they will pummel each other for money but let their constitutional rights go without a peep.

the fighters prolly could fight it to get a bible in the house, however regardless if they are in the right or not, Fitch (a bigger named fighter) got fired for a videogame, i would imagine a relatively no named fighters career in the UFC would be short lived if they are already dragging zuffa to court before they have even fought 1 time
Old 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Stump Rules!

They sign a contract when they go in.It says you can't have XYZ in the house, one item being books which would include a bible.Those guys signed it agreeing.It isn't prison and they are being denied.You can't sign the contract then go in and cry about not being able to bring in a bible.You can live without a bible for a few weeks.You don't need anything to pray.

http://stumpdotcom.com/