Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Default Bible banned at TUF 10 house

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15976/tuf-...ys-balling.mma

Quote:
Based on Brendan Schaub's sneak peak of "The Ultimate Fighter 10," the latest installment of the UFC's popular reality series, MMA fans have plenty of reasons to check out Spike TV each Wednesday night.

Schaub, an undefeated fighter who will blog about "TUF 10" for MMAjunkie.com, today joined MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) to discuss the reality show.

Some of today's topics? A banned Bible, Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's superb steaks, Roy "Big Country" Nelson's surprising basketball skills, and a very real feud between coaches Quinton Jackson and Rashad Evans.

"TUF 10" features 16 heavyweight competitors in the show's traditional tournament format. The show debuts Sept. 16 after a broadcast of UFC Fight Night 19, and the live finale takes place Dec. 5 in Las Vegas.

As with past seasons of the show, fighters are given few options (besides training) to pass the time while in the TUF house. No televisions, books, magazines, computers, iPods or anything else. In fact, Schaub said one fighter's request to bring a Bible into the house was denied.

"There's literally nothing to do but stare at each other," Schaub said. "I don't care how much you like a guy ... (but) it's going to create some drama.

"It's like 'Shawshank Redemption,' but you get a ton of free TapouT gear."
I wonder if this was in reaction to Mr. Hughes passing out Bibles during his stint as coach on TUF?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Maldonado136

theyll do anything to get good television
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Chuck

I'm fine with that... as long as they don't allow any other books.... seem fair. Unfortunate.. but fair.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM

does anyone know if they're allowed to write while they're there (journal, etc)?

[
Old 08-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Crisco

Well they can paint so I'm assuming they can write.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

So, the Bible is banned, but the fighters are free to tear up the house, curse at each other, steal each others' food, pee in each others' food, masturbate into each others' food, etc.? Makes perfect sense to me.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I don't think this is actually as big a deal as it might first seem. They're not singling out the Bible, they just aren't making an exception for it. As nice as it would be for them to allow a Bible in the house, it's not a horrible act of discrimination.

If you remember from TUF 6, Matt said he had to smuggle the Bibles into the gym & they weren't allowed to take them back to the house.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I don't think this is actually as big a deal as it might first seem. They're not singling out the Bible, they just aren't making an exception for it. As nice as it would be for them to allow a Bible in the house, it's not a horrible act of discrimination.

If you remember from TUF 6, Matt said he had to smuggle the Bibles into the gym & they weren't allowed to take them back to the house.
Hmmmm...

Gym = China....
House = ????
Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Gym = China
House = US Schools
Fixed.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 PM